M.J. Hamada's Profile
A word about M.J. Hamada:
I'm a wordsmith, storyteller, teacher, poet, film guy. Grew up in San Diego, spent a patch in NorCal, then found myself in L.A. Can listen for hours to the tales that anyone living in a pretty how town will tell.
Movie theaters, coffee houses, pool halls, beach scenes, old-school arcades.
The Remains of the Day, Love in the Time of Cholera, Cemetery Nights.
Johnny Cash, Mos Def, Billie Holiday, RATM, the Doors, Dylan, the Beasties, the (latter-day) Beatles, Cibo Matto, to name a few.
The Fisher King, Rashomon, Pulp Fiction, Blue Velvet, Blue Harvest, Kieslowski's Blue.
- A Summer Day at One-Mile
- Waking World
- Movie Minute: Jennifer's Body
- Movie Minute: Whiteout
- L.A. Peeps: Re-meet Mike Simmons, Singer-Songwriter
- L.A. Peeps: Meet Mike Simmons, Singer-Songwriter
- L.A. Peeps: Meet Norma Jean, Comedienne
- Bionic Women, Now and Then
- Peeps: Meet Lucia, L.A.'s Dating Expert