E Jo's Profile
E Jo's stats:
Most read article
Best rated article
A word about E Jo:
I'm an avid ocean swimmer. I swim with sharks and rays in La Jolla (it keeps the ticker tickin'). I'm addicted to brussel sprouts and Stephen Colbert. I have a passion for traveling without plans. I have a B.S. in molecular biology but somehow find myself working in random bio fields. I've worked with lizards, snakes and scorpions at CNM and wrangled caterpillars on Mauna Kea volcano in Hawaii for the Palila Restoration Project. I currently work with CA Spiny Lobster. I finally live and work on the beach but 9 to 5 will always make me feel like a caged tigress. I lived and worked in Mexico last summer. Brought home a little slice of Mexico and reluctantly hosted a party for a million little amigos. I also have a B.A. in art history/black and white artistic photography. I want to save the environment but feel I need to take a nap first. I'm a loner with a lot of friends. I'm a responsible slacker. I have two degrees and feel I know nothing...
The ocean, Watts, local indie movie theater, or rocking in a corner late night by myself
Crime and Punishment, The Awakening, Metamorphosis, Confederacy of Dunces, The Stranger, Stones for Ibarra, The Great Gatsby, and The Complete Unabridged Works of Danielle Steele
Bob Marley, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Morcheeba, The Smiths, Massive Attack, Mana, Patsy Cline, Jane's Addiction, David Bowie, Lucy's Fur Coat, Lenny Kravitz...
High Art, True Romance, Volver, The Ice Storm, Young Frankenstein, Clay Pigeons, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Brick, Spinal Tap, Requiem for a Dream, Bottle Rockets, Donnie Darko, Repo Man, Dream Life of Angels, anything Ang Lee and of course Gigli (why that didn't receive an Oscar I will never know...)
- Greet the Grunion: The only place in the world you can do it.
- A fecal matter: LA beaches closed again due to sewage spills
- Waitangi Day in LA: Kiwis build giant silver fern in sand
- Gray Whale Watching in LA: 12,000 mi. Migration Celebrated
- The Urban Coyote: The true Hollywood story!
- Make LA a greener place: plant trees with TreePeople
- Killing whales in Southern CA: U.S. Navy uses lethal sonar
- Valentine's Day gift that matters: go Heal a Heart Across the Border
- My Saturday Night Love Affair