It can really prove to be quite hard to attend parties when you are actually on a diet. Whether an office party or a simple get together with friends, it is no doubt tough. There are so many times when you are worried that there won’t be anything that you cannot eat and so you plan to skip the party altogether. There are other times, when you just fall for the temptation and don’t think about your diet when you are out there partying and having some fun.
However, if you can make some careful choices, chances are high that you might eat less overall and it will help. Try looking for foods which can otherwise match your diet plan and find some of the substitutes for all those forbidden food out in the menu. An example might help. For matching your sweet tooth craving, you can head for a slice of fruit and not just a piece of cake! Eat less by just filling up your stomach with water and taking some tiny portions. Avoid all your bad habits like staving before visiting the party venue as these might backfire and can easily force you to overeat. Other than that, there are some fun snacks for parties available from varietyfun, which you can try. You can fill up your party with these snacks and let everyone enjoy their food without any tension at all.
Have to work hard to find substitutes:
If you are not quite allowed even some of the small indulgences, then see if you can get your hands on some of the substitutes for satisfying all your cravings in the end. Think about the food items that you can eat or planning to gulp down and how much you can get it straight from the healthy food, which will adhere to your dietary rules and routines.
- In case you are just craving for some cookies which are sitting out, then you can try indulging into some fruit slices instead. If you are eyeing those amazingly delicious looking tortilla chips and dips, then try the whole wheat crackers for a change, which comes with a hummus dip instead.
- It will always help you out a lot if the diet has any suggestions designed for the substitutes. Diet plans are mostly designed to offer lists suggestions online of the food, designed mostly to substitute the favorite dishes out there. If you want, you can have a direct chat with the doctors to see what they have to suggest for your diet. It can help you to supervise it a lot.
Try bringing your own food:
It might seem to be a bit different and weird to bring your own snacks at an office party, but sometimes you have no other choices but to do so. You don’t want to get sick and the only way out on that is by bringing in your own food.
- You can always bring in a dish, which can adhere to the diet that you are following right now. After all, a party is all about good people and having fun with them and food should not come in between.
- Also, bringing food from your place means you are sure that you can eat if even party goods are out of your limits. There are some guess even now, who might appreciate your dedication in maintaining a good and healthy body and your healthy food options too. You might inspire some to try it on their own.
- But, before you bring in food from your place, make sure to check with the host. You don’t want to look rue by bringing in food from your home. Let the host understand the situation and then you can bring food with you. There are chances that the host might be providing foods within your limits. During such instances, you don’t have to worry about bringing food from your place at all.
Have to choose some of the healthier dips:
Dips are mostly known to contain lot of fat, calories and sugar. In case, you are up on a strict diet, then many dips might be just off the limits. But, then you have guacamole and salsa dips, which are healthier versions and mostly made out of veggies and fruits. While selecting your dips for the chips, you can always head for these dips rather than the sugary yogurt ones or the mayonnaise.
- You might want to ask about the ingredients first for ensuring that you do not consume any food which is forbidden in your diet. Sometimes, guacamole is made out of sour cream and this might not be a god option if you are avoiding dairy items.
- On the other hand, you can always head towards the healthier cracker and chip choices. You have to check if the hosts can provide you with things like whole wheat crackers and more just to snack on. You can further try to just dip fruits and some vegetables instead of the bread or chips.
Try to look for some fruits and vegetables:
Many parties are able to offer you with snack tray, which is well-stocked with veggies and fruits. As most of the diet plans will allow you to have plenty of these items as healthy snacks, you can try filling up your plates with the fruits and veggies. Filling it up with healthy options will make it less likely to snack again on the less healthy options later that night. Always be sure to be mindful in case the veggies and fruits are served with dip. If so, then you probably want to skip it to stay better and healthy.
More options are available:
Nowadays, office parties are hosted after checking out about the employees as they care a lot. Therefore, they are taking some of the best snack packages from reliable stores, which are delivered at their footstep. These snacks are best available in multiple variations to meet flexible taste buds.
Author Bio: Sujain Thomas is a leading blog writer and expert travel photographer. She has written numerous articles and blog posts on topics related to Travel, Food, Lifestyle, and Photography etc.