Whether you are into a finished product or a raw material for another finished product, if you want to export the item, especially in Russia, you need to learn about the process of customs clearance in Russia. In fact, you have to be well-equipped with the knowledge of all sorts of things that you need to know and will go through when you face customs clearance in Russia.
If you are here to gather some information, we are not going to disappoint you; here are a few things you have got to learn about customs clearance in Russia:
- You have to be very careful about the documents that you need to sign and keep ready: You can’t take any chances when it comes to Russia. Your documents have got to be perfectly ready so that there are no problems during the customs clearance process. Brokerage contract, company registration documents, a photocopy of insurance certificate and other such documents are mandatory during the time of customs clearance.
- Make sure the declared value is the true value; if you are caught, you will go through several issues: You can’t fool the customs staff; you have to be transparent with them so that your products reach the destination in the correct manner. Always mention the right values so that you are not in trouble in the coming time.
- The fees have to be borne and paid by the one who receives the products or freight: We don’t need to explain this, as it is something that everybody knows. If you want to send freight to Russia, you’ve got to know that the receiver is going to bear the cost.
- The commodity descriptions have to be apt and must provide all the details that the customs staff needs to know: You have to give a detailed description of everything that the freight has. Every single detail needs to be given so that your products are nicely received by your clients.
What should you do in order to ensure that your products are delivered in the right manner? Here are a few thing that are going to make sure that your products are sent and received by your customers:
- Make sure the documents are all prepared so that you don’t have to waste time in the end: Documents are very important.
- Make sure you don’t try to fool the customs staff or else you’ll have to bear a big loss: Need we say more?
- Always be transparent with the customs staff: The clearer you are, the easier it is for you to have the freight cleared for your clients.
- If you want hassle free shipping, hire a third party logistics company that can do the job on your behalf: A third party logistics company takes care of all the small to big things related to your freight. It eases your stress so that you can focus on other things in your business.
- Have all of your queries answered so that when you finally get on the process, you are not stressed about anything: If you have any query, no matter what it is, make sure you contact the customer service department of the shipping service company that’s working for you and get your queries resolved. This way, you’d know what you are doing is right.
- Ensure to take care of your products: You are surely getting paid for the products you are exporting for your business.
- Prepare a checklist so that when the actual shipment date has arrived, you can take care of things just the way you want to: When you have a checklist, half of your anxiety is managed. You know what are the things you have to do and when you need to do them.
It is not a difficult thing to get the products to your clients in Russia; you just need to be sure about what you are doing. Also, if you outsource this job to a shipping service or logistics company, it does the job in a better way. Since the members know what need to be done, they do the work properly.