Since there are various IT companies in Ludhiana and other areas, there is a lot of competition. Different companies have to take different steps or implement different measures in order to stay competitive. If you also want your company to stay competitive, then you need to keep yourself and your company up to date. This means, whenever a new technology comes into the market, it is the responsibility of the company to adopt it.
Many IT Companies in Ludhiana and other areas follow this strategy. It is, no doubt an effective strategy to follow. IT world is changing every day, new inventions and development are happening, this has made it challenging for the companies to stay in the competition. Not only it is a challenge for the companies but it is also a challenge for the employees in the IT sector.
It happens many times, that the companies implement new technology and work on it but they do not get the desired results. This is because most of the companies neglect the most important asset of the organization. This essential asset is the employee of the company.
Only implementing the new technology in the company is not enough, training your employees and keeping them updated is also an important factor. But what happens most of the time, is that the employees are resistant to change and adopt something new. This can cause a hindrance to the company. But this problem can be solved.
How to Convince your Employees to Adopt New Technology?
This is a serious question as many IT Companies in Ludhiana face this problem and require a solution for it. Well, here are some of the effective tips, you can use these them and convince your employees to adopt new technology.
1. Benefits & Need – Benefits are a great motivator for anyone. The employees of the organization also need a factor that continuously motivates them to do something. The usual motivating factor for most of the employees is their salary. It is what motivates them to do the job. Similarly, another motivating factor is the needs of the person. In order to meet the needs, a person can do various tasks.
You need to motivate your employees and make them understand the need for new technology. Explain to them why they need to learn it? What are the benefits of learning this technology? Explaining them, the answer of all the questions. This will help in motivating the employees and they will willingly take initiative to learn or adopt new technologies.
2. Importance – The next thing is, explaining the importance of new technology. Upgradation is not only important for IT companies in Ludhiana but it is also important for the IT employees. Before starting a training program, take two or three seminars to explain to them the needs, benefits, importance, and future scope of adopting new technologies. Once, they understand the importance of adopting the new technology, they will be convinced and happy to adopt them.
3. Future Scope – Another important factor to convince your employees is telling them about the future scope and opportunities. In the seminars, tell the employees what are the benefits and how will it help them in the future.
For example, learning new technology would help the employees in expanding their skillset, strengthen their Curriculum Vitae (CV), higher salary, high demand, etc. So make it look like a lucrative deal that no one can refuse. This will help in convincing your employees to adopt new technologies.
4. Use Simple Products – When starting with the training of the employees go for the products that are simple. If you go for more complex products, then you will first need to train the employees to use these products, and after that, they will learn to use the technology. This would not only take more time but will also consume a lot of capital investment. It is obvious that all the training programs require fixed capital and a proper budget. If simple products are used, then it will be cost effective for the budget. Also, it will help in saving time.
5. Engage Seniors and Influencers – It happens in many IT Companies in Ludhiana or other companies that the employees seek assistance from their seniors. It can also happen that they admire someone or look up to someone as their ideal in terms of learning programming or the person’s experience. In this case, involving a senior or a person that influences his or her team will be a better idea. For instance, you can first provide the training to a limited number of seniors. Also, when you do this, you will get to study what were the positive and negative consequences and factors that can be improved. This will give you feedback and according to this, the rest of the employees can be trained. When a senior or such a person who inspires others is trained first, he or she can influence others to follow it and adopt the new technology. This can prove to be an effective strategy and must be implemented in the correct technique.
6. Training Programs – Lastly, plan an effective strategy to start with the training program. It is always a better idea to start with a limited number of audience. Even though there are some huge IT Companies in Ludhiana, still, it is better to train only limited people. If you have a large corporation, then divide all your employees into a number of batches. Fewer people in a batch will ensure more attention to an individual. When the number of people in the batch is more, it would be difficult for the trainer to pay attention to each and every employee in the batch. Hence, a limited audience can be trained more efficiently as compared to a larger batch. Create such a program in which all the employees are trained efficiently. You must know about the employee training tips. Using efficient tips will help you make the employees more efficient. Keep the training program more knowledgeable and informational. Also, pay attention to teaching them practically.
These tips can be used for implementing training programs in different IT Companies in Ludhiana and other areas, it will help in training employees efficiently. Not only will it help in training but it will also the companies to convince their employees to adopt new technology. Just remember to motivate the employees by telling them about all the benefits, future aspects, importance, etc. of the new technology.
Of course, you can make this compulsory and you must. But it can happen that the employees participate in it just for the sake of doing it, instead of actually taking interest in it. For this you can use the above mentioned steps and also explain to them the individual benefit, they can enjoy after their training is completed.