Charles Harmison's Profile
A word about Charles Harmison:
I have never been able to attach one label to myself nor to my interests.
Though I try to fit in with these other creatures around me and see them happy when the are able to call themselves by what they do for work, or enjoy in their spare time, or ascribe to ideologically, I have never been able to do this. It suits me better to remain simply existent, experiential, and thrown into a world in which I can only observe and remark upon its residents and the ongoing absurdity they choose to create for themselves.
The real world of beauty and nature and the virtual world of information.
Thompson, Adams, Wilson, Robbins, Vonnegut, Camus, Eco, Kafka, Kerouac, Dostoevsky, Sartre, Nietzsche, Foucault, Jameson, Derrida, Most Buddhist writings, and of course the O.E.D. (See Professor and the Madman).
The good stuff
Film is arguably the highest art and I enjoy all genres.
- The Party of Nooooooooo!
- Who Is Funding Broo?
- Hope And Reason, More Patriotic Than Fear And Anger
- Save Our Future or Die!!! Live Earth Rocks the World 7/7/07
- SiCKO, The "Illegal" Review
- Saving Private Reason... Brother Public Not So Lucky
- "What, Me Worry?"*
- OC al-Qaeda Member Beguiles Media with More Demands, Threats
- The flowers are here, now where have all the honeybees gone?
- Prince Harry, Too Good to Die in Iraq, Tony Blair Resigns