1. Stroll the Highline. New urban oasis on an obsolete elevated railway on the westside. 2nd section opens this week on June 8th.
2. Visit MoMA; World class museum where you can impress your date with your infinite wisdom of Picasso's eating habits. Hours extend to 8 on Fridays, and 8:45 on Thursdays in July and August.
3. Kayak the Hudson or East River. Maybe not for a 1st date (unless you decide your date is a jerk in the first few minutes, and you want to take the chance on seeing them tip into the murky East River after a barge comes by) but brilliant for those who are outdoor-inclined.
6. Movie on the lawn of Bryant Park; HBO Summer Film Festival. Bring wine and cups (and don't forget [as I did] a bottle-opener :)
7. Play Ping-Pong (or pool); Chuck some wood while listening to live jazz at Fat Cat.