Monday, October 23, 2017

Williams Out at NPR

by D. E. Carson (writer), , October 22, 2010

Liberal Commentator Bounced For Appearing On Conservative Program

The vipers are turning on their own. It’s inevitable because it is in their nature. Liberal commentator and analyst Juan Williams, the only black liberal analyst at National Public Radio, has been fired following comments made during his regular weekly appearance on Fox News’ The O’Reilly Factor.

The question is: why was Williams fired?

The answer is simple: he won’t toe the line with the rest of the politically correct crowd and go along quietly with the rest of his liberal colleagues. His comment went as follows: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

Oh my GOD! How DARE a liberal journalist and commentator voice the feelings of most every single American citizen out there? Americans have the right to be concerned with muslims right now – after all the 19 men who carried out 9/11 were muslims, the Christmas Day bomber was muslim, the Ft. Hood shootist was muslim, the Times Square bomber was muslim, the men who carried out the 1996 bombing of the World Trade Center were muslim, the people who bombed the U.S.S. Cole were muslim and yet not one single, solitary muslim leader has gone on record condemning these acts of terrorism.

Yet muslims want us to believe they are a religion of peace.

But Juan Williams is not a muslim. He his black and a liberal and yet he gets fired from NPR. Was it because of his comments? Hardly. In February 2009, NPR told Juan Williams that NPR did not like Williams appearing on Fox News and that he was not allowed have anyone at Fox News mention Williams’ association with NPR as a senior correspondant. This is a case of a classic witch hunt. NPR did not like one of its own going “across the aisle” so they started looking for a reason to fire Williams. When he voiced his own personal feelings the group known as CAIR (whatever the hell those letters are supposed to stand for – actually I know but I’m not going to spell them out because they may as well be ACLU) demanded that NPR do something about Williams. So true to form, the pinheads at NPR caved in to a bunch of whiny thumb-sucking crybabies and Williams got the boot.

This, of course, puts all of the liberal media into a bit of a conundrum. Here they have one of their own – a liberal black commentator, reporter and political analyst with an excellent track record of being fair, yet they have to stay true to their politically correct ideology otherwise they lose their gravy train from the likes of George Soros so they throw Williams under the bus in an attempt to remind the rest of their lemmings that they must toe the line regardless of their personal feelings or common sense.

I personally like Juan Williams. I like listening to his analysis of the news because I believe Juan to be a fair guy. I think Alicia C. Shepard, spokesperson for NPR, is a poltroon for throwing Williams under the bus. Ms. Shepard is welcome to refute my assertion but I doubt very highly she will dare leave the confines of her cushy corner office at NPR headquarters to call me on the phone and explain why Mr. Williams was fired. The official reason is that Williams’ comments “were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR.” Frankly, that’s bull. This is a typical non-denial, denial (as former Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee would say) from the left and it is crap. I want to know who called up NPR and threatened to take their money away if Williams wasn’t fired. I want to know who was the sop at NPR who caved in to whatever Pecksniffian and said to fire him. Then I want to know what pompous ass threatened NPR in the first place. Was it CAIR and their team of sharks? Was it George Soros and his goon squad? Was it someone in the White House? Who made the call? I want Ms. Shepard to contact me through this website and have the balls to answer my questions with real answers and not give me the traditional liberal side-step. I challenge NPR to answer my questions truthfully, honestly and without censorship and then be aware that I intend to publish those answers right here for everyone to see.

Juan Williams did not deserve to be fired from his job. Someone at NPR was looking for an excuse and found it Monday night. NPR should do the honorable thing and retract its decision and offer Williams his job back and then have the balls to stand up to whatever goon squad threatened them and in the words of George W. Bush say, “Bring it on!”

D. E. Carson is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

9 comments on Williams Out at NPR

By Lady D on October 22, 2010 at 12:49 pm

What he said was silly. Anyone dressed in Traditional Arabian Clothing will have been profiled hundreds of times before they ever get a plane.

Don't remember anyone involved with world trade center disaster, sporting a turbin.

He was just looking to spread fear and for that he should be fired.

By D. E. Carson on October 23, 2010 at 03:06 am

Lady D: So you're telling me that you NEVER have the slightest tinge of apprehension when you see some pachuko walking down the street in his LA Dodger baseball cap and jersey, his jeans down around his hips showing off his Fruit of the Looms? I guarantee there is someone in this world that makes you nervous just looking at him or her. Maybe it's a white man in a business suit, I don't know. But don't you dare sit there and judge Juan Williams for saying what he feels because if there is or has ever been one person that made you nervous then you're just as guilty.

By D. E. Carson on October 23, 2010 at 03:09 am

Interesting...I could have sworn this post had three responses before I responded to Lady D...yet all I see is Lady D's and my two.

By Libdrone on October 23, 2010 at 07:27 am

DE,

I'm sure you are right that many people may have a visceral reaction to seeing Muslim passengers, particularly if they are not well traveled and used to seeing the great variety humanity consists of. BUT, it seems to me that polite grownups would remember their manners and be, at minimum cordial and pleasant to anyone they meet on their travels. The idea that anyone should be "not permitted" to travel because someone is frightened by the way they dress is simply absurd to me.

By Libdrone on October 23, 2010 at 09:45 am

Regarding Williams' firing, it is worth noting that NPR states they had warned him previously and reminded him of a term of his contract that does not permit NPR reporters to appear on programs that engage in punditry rather than news analysis. In most jobs, if you are warned about not doing something, then do it again anyway you get fired. Period.

By Lady D on October 24, 2010 at 03:26 pm

D.E I am not the fashion police. Thank goodness bad fashion sense isn't a crime or the jails would be overflowing.

By D. E. Carson on November 02, 2010 at 12:39 am

Libdrone: I do not argue that Williams was spoken to about appearing outside NPR, but seriously, what about NPR Legal Affairs correspondent Nina Totenberg who said in 1995 to the anchor of PBS' INSIDE WASHINGTON that if there was "retributive justice" in the world...Jesse Helms would "get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it." You can't tell me that doesn't constitute grounds for someone being told to "shut up."

I don't condone acts of violence against anyone regardless of their political ambitions or views. Where I do draw the line though is that Williams simply made an expression of his own feelings. This was not an attempt (covert or otherwise) to rally people to his thoughts. No, this was an attempt to undermine Fox News. This was one of those so-called "gotcha" moments that liberals live for -- the kind that they sit in their mother's basements in their underwear all day recording Fox News and talk radio just waiting for that one line where they can say that Fox News is racist or Rush Limbaugh is a fascist (he isn't because his belief system doesn't fit the definition of fascism). If Fox News and talk radio are so bad then why do people still listen to them in droves? Apparently there are more liberals in America than conservatives -- as evidenced by the fact that we got stuck with a doofus for a president, yet George Soros has to give millions of dollars to organizations -- like NPR -- to "combat" Fox News and Rupert Murdoch doesn't have to lift a finger to have an audience.

By D. E. Carson on November 02, 2010 at 12:41 am

Lady D: I'm glad you're not either. Based on your profile picture, you'd have to arrest yourself for looking like a member of the Crips with that hood...

...I'm just sayin'

By BusinessLife on November 04, 2010 at 05:18 pm

An interesting article that drew a passionate discussion - minus the personal attack. Thank you for providing something to get the noggin' churning with thoughts of my own. :)