Sunday, October 22, 2017

This is the President of the United States?

by D. E. Carson (writer), , April 21, 2010

Do we really need this kind of temperament in the Oval Office?

First off, all you left-wing progressives sit down. This piece is asking a simple question. For the second time in almost as many weeks, Barack 0bama has popped off at hecklers. Now, under ordinary circumstances, one in such a position would recognize the tendency of the opposing party to be angry, say things that are inflammatory and even take pot-shots at personal short-comings.

But not even George W. Bush went this far – even when a foreign national threw two shoes at him.

But this is unacceptable behavior from the man who is supposed to be the President of the United States. On Monday night, 0bama attended a re-election rally for California Senator Barbara Boxer in Los Angeles (which explains why the weather in Southern California suddenly turned cold and dreary). At the rally, people from his own side began screaming at him “repeal don’t ask, don’t tell” – the current military policy regarding homosexuals serving in the American Armed Forces.

When suddenly, as one commenter on Yahoo! News wrote, Obama “pull[ed] out his gangster.” The photo that was supposed to accompany this article is from the video of that rally during 0bama’s speech, but no matter how it was formatted, it was "too small" so this writer gave up. He doesn’t look happy. He’s reacting to people who are crossing him. He’s essentially saying “shut up” to those who supported him in 2008 – he’s biting the hand that fed him! Just so all is clear and no one can say this article is being unfair to 0bama, here is exactly what he said:

“She [Boxer] us passionate about fighting for California’s families. She is… [heckler “repeal don’t ask don’t tell] We are going to do that! Hey! Hold on a second. Hold on a second. We are going to do that… [crowd chants “yes we can” several times] there we go. All right guys. Guys. I agree…”

Loses a bit in translation, but if you watch the video, you will get a much different feeling. 0bama is actually ticked off that someone dared to interrupt him while he was speaking! Look at how he reacts to the hecklers. He wasn’t as nice to them at first as he decided he’d better be later on. When he first popped off at them, he was excoriating them. Then you can see in the video he realizes he’s being recorded and he’d better dial it back, so then he smiles and gets all calm. But make no mistake, he’s angry.

Now, 0bama doesn’t have the market on being angry. There isn’t a former president alive who didn’t get frustrated or even angry with someone in an audience. But how many of them actually raised their voice and shot back a response in this fashion? This guy is supposed to be president, but he doesn’t act like he respects the title he holds. Even Hitler kept his tirades in private! This guy has shown twice now that he has self-control issues. If this is how he treats his friends, how much worse would be toward someone opposing him? This writer would like to have been a fly on the wall of the Oval Office the day 0bama bribed Bart Stupak to support 0bamacare. Would it be a stretch to suppose that there was some elevated voices in that room on that day?

0bama would do well to learn from his predecessor, George W. Bush who didn’t react when he saw shoes flying his way. Bush maintained the dignity the office of the president demands. Without outbursts like this one, 0bama is showing himself to be a no-class loser with delusions of entitlement. We don’t need that kind of crap in the White House.

D. E. Carson is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

10 comments on This is the President of the United States?

By Amo on April 21, 2010 at 01:55 pm

D.E.

Anything unscripted and the man becomes up-tight, and thin skinned!

Amo

By DPlum on April 21, 2010 at 03:23 pm

I read Obama's action differently. Bush would have ignored the protester's actions with a smirk that spoke volumes of the great distance he placed himself from the audience. Obama heard, registered and spoke to them directly.

True, there's a difference in style here, but I would argue that the latter style makes for the more effective leader.

By Lady D on April 22, 2010 at 11:41 am

I thought it was refreshing that he spoke to the heckler. Gee here is a president who is actually listening.

Most politicians are very out of touch with the people.

By D. E. Carson on April 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm

OnTheWingsOfCorn: was that sarcasm? I couldn't tell because without the three-hundred teleprompters and Robert Gibbs standing here with me I couldn't tell...

By D. E. Carson on April 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Melody: I'm sorry, was that meant as a THREAT? Are you saying you wish to do me physical harm because I choose not to bow down before the liberal god 0bama?

By D. E. Carson on April 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Amo: You're right about that. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a teleprompter in front of him the night he proposed to Michelle...

By D. E. Carson on April 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm

DPlum: I have to respectfully disagree. The true rudeness of the whole situation comes from the hecklers, not 0bama. But I think that 0bama lowered himself to their level by even responding to them at that time. Just understand that contrary to popular belief about me, I'm not someone who thinks Bush walked on water, but I think he handled the guy who threw the shoes at him in a much more classy manner.

By D. E. Carson on April 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Corisong1: I don't think I would have snapped back. I can't say what I would have done. I wasn't there and since (thankfully) I'm not president, I don't have to worry about how I would have reacted.

By D. E. Carson on April 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Lady D: I'm not begrudging him responding to the hecklers -- just the WAY he responded was very unpresidential -- okay, flat out rude in my opinion. Sorry, he needed to keep his cool and this isn't the first time he's slipped a little. I just wonder if he has a short fuse and how long will it be before we see him go up like a Roman Candle?

By MUGISHO N.THEOPHILE on May 07, 2010 at 03:56 am

Obama should not be victim of racism. Reading through this gives the impression of racism. I think Obama is listening to his people if compared to Bush and more, both Americans and the president can trace the furture of America.