Sunday, December 17, 2017

Interview: Literarily Speaking with Motivational Author Judi Moreo

Credit: Judi Moreo
Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths by Judi Moreo & Friends

Judi Moreo is the mastermind behind the motivational anthology, Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths. We interviewed her today to find out just what went into the making of such a fantastic book.

We’re all stuck in one uncompromising situation after the other, but how well do we bounce back? What about those who defied the odds and bounced back with flying colors? That’s what Judi Moreo's new book, Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths is all about.

We interviewed Judi to find out more about this inspiring book and what was involved in the writing and compiling process.

Thank you for this interview, Judi. So nice to see you again! I thoroughly enjoyed You are More Than Enough. Now you are back with an anthology titled Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths. Can you tell us a little more about it?

Thank you, Dorothy, for the interview. Rarely do we find a book that addresses so many different challenges. These 26 extraordinary people who have written their stories reached into the depths of their souls to share with us how they have persevered against the odds, navigating difficult paths, and made choices that enabled them to achieve successful lives.

You compiled this anthology yourself. How did you find everyone whose stories appear in your book?

Some of the people I had heard speak and knew their stories. Some were referred to me by other people. Then I put a notice in my monthly newsletter that I was looking for stories and many people sent stories to me.

Did you edit this yourself?

Yes and no. Yes, I edited it. Then I sent it to a professional editor, Jami Carpenter, who edited my You Are More Than Enough book and she did the big edit.

What was the hardest part about taking on such a huge project?

I had never published anyone else's work before, so I felt I had to be careful about maintaining the integrity of their stories and still making sure they had every little detail correct.

What were the joys?

Working with these incredible people to tell their stories. Seeing them cry with joy when they saw the finished proof of the book.

Do you have a personal story in the book and would you like to tell us about it?

Yes, I do. Thank you for asking. My story is about my first trip to Africa...the invitation, how I got there, meeting the love of my life, losing him and still making the decision to go live in South Africa during the end of aparteid....it was a choice that changed my life forever.

Where can we pick up a copy?

It's already available on Amazon. Most of the major book stores will be carrying it. Or it has it's own website, www.lifechoicesbook.com and it can be purchased right there.

Thank you so much for this interview, Judi, and good luck to you!

Thank you, Dorothy. It's always a pleasure to be interviewed by you.

boomergirl is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

7 comments on Interview: Literarily Speaking with Motivational Author Judi Moreo

By Sandra Gore Nielsen on March 13, 2010 at 11:01 am

Working with Judi on "Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths" has been such a pleasure. She is so professional in everything she does.

When I was suffering the "Who am I to write a book (or anything)" crisis, her response was "You are more than enough." And that was enough for me.

Sandra Gore Nielsen, "A True Love Story."

By Deborah Clark on March 14, 2010 at 11:52 pm

I am so thankful that I had the pleasure to work with Judi on my first writing project. Her confidence and support made all the difference.

Judi is very dedicated. She is a very caring person who freely shares her knowledge, and experience.

Deborah D. Clark, "There's A Story For That"

By Vickie Lane on March 15, 2010 at 07:46 am

I feel so blessed to have worked with Judi on my first dip in the "literary pool". Judi's dedication and caring spirit are what truly made this book a reality.

With Judi's reassurances I was able to remember that I am "More Than Enough" and had a story worth telling. If it hadn't been for Judi's encouragement I would have once again let self-doubt win. Thank you for everything Judi.

Vickie Lane, "Yes, It's Cancer"

By Sandy Kastel on March 18, 2010 at 08:50 am

Judi Moreo has been a mentor in my life for a long time. Her ‘You Are More Than Enough’ philosophy continues to be an inspiration for me and for others who are fortunate enough to have worked with her.

Judi has a talent for bringing out the best in people and helping them break through the barriers and negative voices that keep them from realizing their true potential.

When Judi asked me to submit a story for Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths, I was in the final stages of finishing my new album Indiana Rain and had several projects in various stages of completion, including two books of my own.

I knew in my heart what I wanted to write about and the series of events that occurred in the following months helped focus in on how to approach my subject.

By taking the time out from my other projects to write my story I discovered a new perspective. The process helped me see my story in different way and then it suddenly came into view. In fact, once I started writing I couldn't stop.

The act of writing a single chapter for another book turned into a writing frenzy for me, which opened my eyes and not only helped me find a voice as an author, but it led to the writing of another song that was added to my album.

It has been a rewarding experience and an honor to come together with Judi and on this incredible journey with a group of authors to share our stories. I have enjoyed being part of ‘Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths'.

Sandy Kastel, Author Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths ‘Detours’

By Aimmee on March 18, 2010 at 06:33 pm

By Aimmee on March 18, 2010 at 06:34 pm

There is something special about Judi, she knows how to bring the best of you out. She knows how to make you feel like star.She believes in you. It is an honor working with her.I truly believe we need more people like Judi!!

Aimmee Kodachian Riley, Author Speaker and Life Coach

By Sandy Kastel on March 20, 2010 at 12:33 am

Here here to that! You are so right about that, Aimmee. Judi is always encouraging us to believe in ourselves. She understands how important it is every day to remind ourselves, too. It's her entheusism for living a blessed life that spills over into our lives when we are around her.

Sandy Kastel, Author Life Choices: Navigating Difficult Paths 'Detours'