Monday, October 16, 2017

Liberals Aren't Getting It

by D. E. Carson (writer), , April 17, 2009

Desperation to maintain power is beginning to set in.

Liberals are so desperate to stay in power they are refusing to acknowledge the impact of the Tax Day Tea Parties last Wednesday.  The reason is because they are scared.

They are scared to acknowledge that they were given a chance and they’ve blown it.  Obama hasn’t been in office 100 days yet and he’s already bowed to a foreign leader, apologized to virtually every country in the world for anything America has done or may have done to offend them and just today, while in Mexico kissing the ass of President Filipe de Jesus Calderon, Obama met with Venezuelan Dictator Hugo Chavez and shook hands with him – Chavez, the same man who two years ago called President Bush “the devil” and America “evil”.  There’s nothing like crawling into bed with someone who wants to put a knife through your heart.

Obama has been a complete failure as president and moderate liberals are beginning to turn their back on him.  Polling numbers for Obama are down since January 20 and fewer and fewer people are willing to admit that they voted for him or they’re admitting that Obama is further left than even they are comfortable with.  The Tax Day Tea Parties were proof that Americans are already fed up with Obama’s massive tax plan that is coming down the pike.

Actress Jeanine Garofalo went on MSNBC and had the unmitigated gall to down play the tea parties as “white racists angry that there is a black man in the White House.”  Then she tried to act all smart and intelligent saying that protesters “have no idea what the Boston Tea Party was about.”  So, here it is, let’s spell it out for those of you who actually believe that Ms. Garofalo has half a brain.

The Boston Tea Party was about two things: it was about taxation without representation, but it was also about the idea of government not listening to the people over whom it had power.  Now the very idea that last Wednesday’s tea parties were about non-representative taxation are spin by the radical liberal left.  They don’t want to see the other reason – protesting against a government that is not listening to the people it serves.  The current United States Government is not listening to the people.  The people are sick and tired of underwriting tax bill after tax bill that saddles future generations with burdens they can never EVER fulfill and yet off go the liberals in Congress continuing to tax and spend money they don’t have.

The three so-called economic stimulus bills Obama has already signed have spent or committed to spent more money than any other president’s administration in the history of the United States.  Not even Reagan forked over as much money as Obama has done.

Then there is the idea of cutting taxes.  Sure, Obama is planning to cut taxes for the middle class and reinstate welfare to the lower class, but how is he going to pay for all of this money he’s spending?  There aren’t enough rich people in the world to pay for Obama’s plans.  Furthermore, so long as the recession continues and people continue losing jobs, there will be a drop in payroll taxes collected.  Again, where will the extra money come from?  The rich.  Problem is, the rich are not America’s ATM!  Eventually even they will run out of money.

Socialism depends on an inexhaustible source of money.  The problem is, there ain’t any such thing!  All sources of money are finite when it comes to taxes.  People can only work so many hours in a day.  What’s going to happen next, we repeal all of the labor laws that restrict work to 8 hours in a day?  Then what, we eliminate child labor laws?  How is that defending the working people?  The truth is, liberals are no more geared to help others than the Titanic is geared to pull itself off the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.  Modern-day liberals are all about power.  They want the power.  They don’t care who they hurt to get it, so long as they get it.  They don’t care whose rights they step on to get it so long as they get it.

They’re downplaying the tea parties because people are beginning to wake up and realize that liberals are as anti-American as Hitler was anti-Semitic.  And comparing Liberals to Hitler isn’t that much of a stretch.  Remember, he blamed Germany’s financial problems on the people who had the money.  Obama blames America’s problems on the people who have the money.  Hitler confiscated all the money held by the Jews.  Obama wants to confiscate all the money held by the rich in America.  Hitler wanted to use the government to settle all of Germany’s financial problems.  Obama wants to use the government to settle all of America’s financial problems.  Hitler shut down those who spoke out in opposition to him.  People who support Obama are trying to shut down those who oppose Obama.

Even the Department of Homeland Security, this week, released a report saying that anyone who opposes the radical liberal left should be recorded on a “watch list” and are being labeled as radicals.  People who believe in God are being placed on that list – except for people like Jeremiah Wright and Michael Pfleger.  America is turning into 1935 Germany and it doesn’t take a degree in political science to see what is going on.  In fact, all it takes is a little common sense and the ability to read a good, reliable history book – which are becoming harder and harder to find because so many liberals are trying to re-write history.

It’s time to face facts.  I used to say that Obama is the incompetent moron the radical left claimed George W. Bush to be.  Now I’m more convinced than ever that he is a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

Good luck, America.

D. E. Carson is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

11 comments on Liberals Aren't Getting It

By nhemerson on April 18, 2009 at 05:23 pm

Dude seriously, I've read your ridiculous articles along with other ridiculous liberal articles and I have never  felt like saying anything until now.  You are the cry baby that was telling liberals to leave the country if they didn't like Bush.  You are ridiculous and I don't care what this article is really about, I think more and more it's about you needing attention.  You have absolutely no objective opinion.  You have no concept of moderation.  You have the same construde, abstract, post WWII concept of America that so many others do.  You have a FOX news concept.  Argue, argue and argue some more.  Do you honestly think that Obama has failed already after a few months?  Do you honestly think a Republican wouldn't of?  So you honestly think that Bush was a good president?  I don't think you do.  I think you want attention.  So here you go...here's your fucking attention.

By D. E. Carson on April 18, 2009 at 07:31 pm

nhemerson

Ooh, aahh, you know how to use profanity.

Now on to the meat of your diatribe.

"I don't care what this article is really about"

Precisely what is wrong with America.  People who don't care.  You obviously don't care otherwise you wouldn't be a liberal.  My opinion is very objective because I used to be just like you at one time.  I used to be a screaming, raging liberal.  I hated Reagan (and still do in a lot of ways -- won't find anyone on Fox to say that) and I celebrated when George H.W. Bush left office after only four years.  I detested Rush Limbaugh (and still do to this day even though he has been known to say things with which I now agree).  I voted for Clinton in '92, but it was Bill Clinton that made me realize whata bunch of whiny, thumb-sucking crybabies liberals are -- and Fox News wasn't even on the air yet!

Yes, I voted for Clinton in their first term, but by the time '96 rolled around, I was so fed up with his two-faced lying, his eviseration of the military and his wife's annoying voice that I registered as an independent and voted for Bob Dole.

"Do you honestly think that Obama has failed already after a few months?"

Yes I do.  He is an abject failure in every sense of the term.  He has fallen all over himself apologizing for America, shaking hands with a fascist leader (Chavez) and insulting America every chance he gets.  He is an admitted socialist and communist who believes in a big government welfare nanny state where capitalism is replaced by socialism.  He wants to nationalize healthcare in spite of warnings from European nations.  He had no leadership experience coming into the office and he can't nominate cabinet positions without encountering people with tax problems.  He's signed off on spending bills that saddle at least three generations of Americans with a tax burden they can't even pay the interest on, let alone the principal.  So yes, I do think he's a failure.

"Do you honestly think a Republican wouldn't of?"

Actually the question should be written, "Do you honestly think a Republican wouldn't have?"  You should go back to your 7th Grade English Teacher and tell him or her that you need a refresher course.  But to answer your question, John McCain would have.  I didn't trust him and frankly only voted for him to try to keep Obama out of the White House.  Perhaps if Mitt Romney, Rudolph Giuliani or Fred Thompson had been in there, then no, I don't think they would have been failures.  They sure wouldn't have begun to deny reality by changing the name of the "War on Terror" to "Overseas Contingency Operation" (How stupid is that?)  Or calling a "Terrorist Attack" a "Man-caused Disaster" (more stupid).  Liberals think that by changing the name of something they've some how changed the nature of that something.  Stupid, naive Liberals think that if you stop calling it a war on terror then the terrorists will just throw up their hands and say, "Oh, gosh, they're not calling it a war on terror anymore, so I guess that means we don't have to hate them any more."  What a crock of fertilizer.  Islamo-fasicsts hate America and don't care what you call them so long as you end up dead, period.  But liberals don't get that and that's why I call liberals stupid.  They have their heads up their asses.

"So you honestly think that Bush was a good president?"

Yes I do.  He gave us 50+ months of economic growth and prosperity.  Kept us from another terrorist attack and had the guts to stand up to the axis of evil that exists in the middle east.  Now I hear you screaming about how the current economic situation started under Bush.  That cannot be denied, however, it wasn't his fault.  It was the fault of dope-smoking liars like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd who came into power in 2006 -- when the economy began to tank (coincidence?  Me thinketh not).

"I don't think you do."

There you go making assumptions.  I didn't say Bush was perfect, he had problems, but he wasn't the abject failure Obama is turning into.  Bush had been a governor for 8 years.  What did Obama have?  NOTHING!

You know, you liberals are so predictable.  You scream about how bad you want us to believe Bush was but you can't see how much worse your guy is. The only reason Obama is in the White House is because he's black.  He has no other professional or political experience to justify him being where he is.  He's a sympathy president.  He's in there to make blacks feel better about themselves.

As for telling liberals to leave, the only ones I actually told were Alec Baldwin and Barbra Streisand because they whined that if Bush were elected, they were going to leave the country.  The man was elected twice and I didn't see either of them make good on their promise.  They are so typical of liberals -- making promises you don't intend to keep just to get your way.

You need to wise up.  You're the one being ridiculous.

By nhemerson on April 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm

I hear that a lot.  "I used to be a crazy liberal, now I'm crazy conservative."

Truth is you're just crazy.  Now before the normal polarized 'write first think later' argument ensues let's just try to clear some air.

I'm not a liberal.  Liberalism embarrasses me.  I'm not a conservative.  Conservatism scares the crap out of me.  I couldn't' stand college.  I hate people who only use statistics and I hate people who only use emotion.  I do however like America very, very much.  I kiss the ground every time I get back from a bender in Mexico.  My son was born in debt.  This will never change in this country.  College, Health insurance, home mortgages, credit cards, Car payments, etc., etc.  We seem to think we aren't in debt or that we have a chance of being out of it.  The truth is, you and I are the ones to blame for this along with everyone else in America.  We are the ones that have coddled big businesses.  We are the ones that have perpetuated a sense of bloated consumerism that has eaten itself alive.  Why be so upset with the Obama spending?  Billions going to a war is OK.  Millions of dollars in wages going to outsourced jobs by companies run by people of both parties is OK.  There is a problem with America as a whole D.E. and yes, I do think you're ridiculous.  Who cares if you are a hippie turned Klan member?  It's how you decide to approach things.  I'm guessing if I had read anything you might of written in your Liberal era I'd think the same thing.  It isn't liberals, it isn't conservatives, it's types of people.

I don't mean to be rude and indignant, especially because I have a 2 year old son, but I'd rather my son be burdened with taxes then be put in the line of fire for a useless reason.  That is my stance on that.  The level of misinformation most people have (including myself) on that subject is damn inexcusable.  I have found it intriguing that people are OK with their children being sent on multiple tours to a foreign war but are upset with tax burdens.  Considering the way that generations have slowly dealt with their increased debt don't you think our future generations will simply get used to that as well?

I don't know how to fix this country.  I don't feel like blaming specific people for a country's failure.  What I feel like doing is trying my best to instill an objective opinion away from people like you D.E. because you are what's wrong with this country.  So is Al Franken, so is Rush Limbaugh, so is Boulder, Colorado, so is Ann Coulter.

P.S. - You misspelled Barbara Streisand's name.  Honestly, I wouldn't of even gotten that one wrong.

P.S.S. - When used appropriately, fuck is a very eloquent word.

By nhemerson on April 18, 2009 at 11:57 pm

This is what I get for finally giving in to one of these articles but for the love of all that is good, rockofliberty, you really admire Ann Coulter?

I mean, she said that women shouldn't have the right to vote because they vote so stupidly.

She said "If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

She said "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

Regardless if these quotes are taken out of context or not, it's a hateful, attention seeking persona she has.  Nothing is real.  I mean, it's as ridgid and hateful as Cesar Chavez saying that Bush is Satan.  It's ridiculous and he is also an attention seeking douche.  Why are these the people that you admire?  Why admire people who are simply trying to cater to your lowest common denominator?  They can't even carry on a conversation without getting indignant.  The same goes for Liberal pundits.  Why do people love these idiots so much?

By travelingseth on April 19, 2009 at 04:53 am

Huh.  For some reason, I figured an experiment like Broowaha would be more progressive.  But instead, more often I hear a conservative voice.  Maybe that's just the San Francisco in me thinking.  Oh well.  Se la vie Broowaha.  Express away

By nhemerson on April 20, 2009 at 02:09 am

rockofliberty,

I will go ahead and respond to this and then I will no longer give this joke of a conversation anymore attention as it would be insulting to you and I.  What you just wrote in no way even remotely answered my question.  What you just wrote in no way made any sense.  What you just wrote was rhetoric, with no soul, no substance and absolutely no purpose.  I am sorry for giving this the time of day.  I am to blame for that.  Every once in awhile I feel like I might actually learn from something but this has been nothing than more polarized nonsense.  I don't blame conservatism, but it is very obvious that for whatever reason, you are allocating liberalism to something wrong with America.  You are now officially endorsing someone who has no political standing but makes MILLIONS off her books with hot topic rants.  Yet, it's not OK to have Barack Obama, the president of the United States, do what he thinks is right.  But here we are, in a round table of ideals.  We were told  to stand by our President with his decisions during the Bush Admin, but apparently that is not the case this time?  Do you not see the hypocrisy here in any way?  Awwwwwwww...fuck it.  I'm done.

By nhemerson on April 20, 2009 at 01:05 pm

Needed to respond to my mistake.  You did spell Barbra's name right D.E.  Epic fail on my part.

By D. E. Carson on April 20, 2009 at 11:06 pm

You did spell Barbra's name right D.E.  Epic fail on my part.

Apology accepted, however, you should also know that it wasn't Cesar Chavez who called Bush "Satan" it was HUGO Chavez.  Cesar Chavez was the leader of the migrant farm workers union in California.  Hugo is the dictator of Venezuela.  And I doubt highly that Cesar would even claim Hugo if they were related -- which I'm sure they aren't.

I challenge you, though, to show me how the war in Iraq was putting soldiers, "in the line of fire for a useless reason."  And don't try to use the oil angle, I've already addressed that about two years ago in one of my earlier articles in which I expressly put to bed the argument that we went to war in Iraq over oil.  So that lame excuse is off the table.  But I can't see how any liberal (or you) can justify calling the war in Iraq "useless".  Liberals "claim" to be in favor of human rights and yet Saddam Hussein was one of the worst offenders of human rights since Adolf Hitler.  Hussein made Attila the Hun look like a Catholic Altar Boy.  He was devisive, he was a murderer and he made no bones about the fact that he ruled Iraq.  The Liberal's favorite "go-to" organization the United Nations issued 19 (that's NINETEEN) resolutions demanding Hussein let weapons inspectors into Iraq to verify his claims that he wasn't making WMDs.  The fact that he wouldn't let them in confirms that he was violating the terms of the 1992 cease-fire.  He was holding the UN up for ridicule in front of the whole Arab world and thumbing his nose at them the whole time.  He turned the UN into a resolution mill and every resolution said the same thing, "let the inspectors in or else...we'll say 'let the inspectors in' again."  The UN is a worthless organization that America foots the bill to have in New York.  We dump billions of dollars into that organization and no other country bothers to help us pay for the place and then it has the unmitigated gall to turn around and condemn the US for anything?  I'm not asking for special favors here, but geez, people, get off our backs will ya?

No, Iraq was plenty justifiable even if there were no direct connection to 9/11.  Iraq was producing WMDs that were smuggled out of the country to Syria on modified commercial airliners under the banner of "humanitarian aid" -- something Hussein knew nothing about.  Look up the name Georges Sada and find out about his position in Hussein's government and his knowledge and exposing of Hussein's getting rid of his WMDs.

Remember I said Bush wasn't perfect?  There were mistakes made in Iraq and I'll happily debate each one separately in another forum, but your vocal dislike of him parrots the liberal left's talking points.  They hated Bush since long before 9/11 and that event wasn't enough to change their minds.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for your back-door way of calling me a racist ("hippie turned Klan member").  I suppose that's because I don't support Obama?  I've NEVER made mention of Obama's race and used that as a reason why I don't like him.  My dislike for Obama is strictly based on legitimate concerns.  I have said that Obama is president because he is black and too many whites have been conned into believing that until America elected a black president, the world will always see white Americans as racist, but I have never said that I don't like Obama because he is black or that he didn't deserve to be president because he is black.  Please don't make that mistake again.

By D. E. Carson on April 20, 2009 at 11:08 pm

"http://groundnotes.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/june6_2005mmm.jpg"

ROTFLMFAO!  It looked just like Britney Spears!!!

...oh wait.

By Lady D on April 21, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Want to leave future generations a better world? STOP the Fear and Hate. Since so many  are followers of Jesus they just ignore so much of the Love he preached.

By D. E. Carson on April 25, 2009 at 06:51 pm

What's ironic is how many non-Christians pretend to know the Bible and attempt to throw it back in the faces of Christians.