Pick up lines, all of us have heard them at one time or another. Sometimes they cause us to laugh, to smile or to roll our eyes ever so politely, or not. A good pick up line can make a person feel desirable no matter their age but if bad, absolutely disgusted. We can either be left feeling elated by a pick up line or left feeling like a used car salesmen just slimed our aura. Pick up lines are twisted charm in disguise used as a method of seduction, for better or for worse.
What ever happened to the direct approach, like buying someone a drink, or sending a bottle of wine to a table, to later introduce yourself like a gentlemen or a gentlewoman. In our modern society, we make love and attraction so complicated when we work solely from intellect, always trying to analyze and rationalize love, seduction and sex like a crossword puzzle. Passion and romance are all in the details, seduction is like the silver lining of a red velvet box of heart felt sincerity, the chocolates are simply the element of surprise. If you really want to get a someones attention, pick up their tab and pass by their table slowly without saying a word. Then give the bartender a fat tip to leave your card to the object of your admiration. Sometimes mystery is much more sexy than sputtering out a slew of cheesy lines, unless of course the person being pursued has a fabulous sense of humor.
If you can capture someones mind with curiosity, there is the possibility you can also capture their heart or affections depending on your intentions. Well, even if you never have the fairy tale, love at first sight, happy ever after ending, at least you know for one moment your intentions and actions put a smile on the face of the one you admire. Maybe then after decades of use, some of the worst, sleazy pick up lines can become extinct, instead of still crawling on like prehistoric cockroaches that refuses to die;
Here are the Top 10 Lines to avoid in seducing the object of your admiration;
1) Hey baby do you wash your pants with windex? Cause I can see myself in them.
2) Let me check your tag. Hmmm- just what I thought, made in heaven.
3) Hi I'm Fred Flinstone, cause you rock my world.
4) That outfit looks great on you, but it would look better on my floor.
5) Great legs. What time do they open?
6) Do you drink milk? Cause it does your body good.
7) Can I have your number, because I forgot mine.
8) That shirt’s very becoming on you. Of course, if I were on you I’d be coming too.
9) Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?
and my personal favorite....
10) Baby, you are SEXY & BEAUTIFUL! I'm skinny and need a little meat to hold onto, so would you mind if I squeeze a little of your love? (All the while holding onto a 'Sex Workers' Banner in the Gay Pride Parade. Lovely)
For a more interesting look at women and how to meet the women of your dreams, read "The Human Male's Guide to Alien Women."