No sound issue is one of the most annoying and most common problems that Windows users face and especially when we set up new Windows to your computer system. If you are also one of those who is facing these annoying situations, stay calm, as we are there for helping you out. We have summed up here one of the few simple fixes of for Windows 10 sound issue, have a glance.
Method 1: Check your speaker settings
Any disturbances in the settings of your speaker may be one of the most common reasons behind this annoying error. So check your speaker settings by following the steps given below:
- Make a right click on the Sound icon present at the bottom right corner of your Windows.
- Now, tap on the Playback devices to go further with the process.
- Select your speakers as default playback device by making a green tick on the Speakers option provided in the Playback option.
- Once done with the above process don’t forget to click on the OK option to confirm the changes added.
- If you have tried with the above solution to fix the sound issue in your Windows and still don’t have to find the positive results, check on the different sound formats of your computer system. All you have to do is:
- Click on the Speakers option of your device and tap on the possibility of Properties.
- Once done, now tap on the advanced option and then select the different sample rate and bit depth in the Default Format Section.
- On the successful completion of the above process, next, you have to click on the Test option to go further with the process.
- Repeat this process again and again until you find the right format to go along with. And once it is located, click OK to ensure confirmation.
Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall your sound driver
Sometimes various complications in the audio driver of your Windows operating system may also lead to the problem of computer sound issue. It might be due to the reason of removed, corrupted or incompatible sound drivers for Windows. All you need to have to do here to cope with the problem is to uninstall and then reinstall the sound drivers again.
- Press the Windows Logo Key along with X option simultaneously that will enable you to access quick access menu.
- Once done, now click on the Device Manager option.
- You will receive a list of different options on your home screen, select the Sound, video and game controller option and then make a right click on the Sound Card option to go further with the uninstallation of the sound drivers.
- Once done, click on the Uninstall option.
- A pop-up message will appear on your home screen to confirm the uninstallation process, click on the OK button to prove it.
- On the successful uninstallation of the sound drivers from your Windows, reboot it again, that will automatically install the sound drivers on your computer system yet.
Method 3: Update your sound drivers
If you already have done with both the solutions provided above, and still don’t have to get the perfect solution for your sound issue, you can try with updating your sound drivers. There are two methods for updating your sound drivers, one is a manual sound driver update, and another one is an automatic driver update.
Manual driver update
It is an easy task that needs to follow a few things only. Launch your Microsoft office from your home screen and then search for the most updated, corrected drivers for your sound card. Just choose the one that suits well to your hardware system and then allow it to update on your device.
Automatic Driver update
If you are finding any difficulty in updating your computer system’s sound driver manually, you can also choose upon the automatic driver update as well and that you can easily do with the help of Driver Easy. It is one of the most excellent software for your device that recognizes your current Windows automatically and updates your sound drivers as well. All you need to do is:
- Search for the option of Driver Easy in your web browser.
- Allow this software to download on your device.
- Once done, run Driver Easy and then click on the Scan option that will scan your computer system thoroughly and detect the problem in your sound drivers if you have any.
- Now, click on the Update button next to the audio driver that will enable you to update the sound drivers automatically.
- Once done, restart your computer system to avail the changes added successfully.
If you are one of those who is facing the annoying no sound issue in your Windows, this article is going to help you a lot in fixing it the computer sound issue. We have summed up here the different solution for this annoying problem. Just start with the topmost to get the easiest solution.