What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you are thinking about buying the fabric sofa?? Usually, the first thing is colour which comes to mind. It is the single biggest factor in fabric selection. Not only the colour, but other factors are also as important as colour. The type of fabric, material quality, print, design, durability and many other important factors matter a lot. So today we discuss the best fabric sofas :
Fabric durability: Fabric durability is directly proportional to furniture type. Means the value of fabric durability depends on the piece of furniture. It also varies according to a room which it will be used and the personal aspects of the family.(if children and pets live in the house).
Some points of fabric selections are:
- Woven patterns remain longer time than the printed fabric, because of the higher thread count and tight weaves. Thread count means the number of threads per square inch of fabric. So denser fabric lasts longer.
- Choose fabric by persons, who are going to use that sofa. If your pets are also sharing your sofa, you should consider a micro-fibre fabric or leather fabric. Because these fabrics can withstand extra wear and tear.
- If your sofa and chair are used on a daily basis, fabric durability is essential in this situation.
Fabric Style: Choose a fabric style that complements both, the furniture piece and the interior décor of your home. Your fabric choice must be mellifluous with the style and character of the furniture it is covering. For example, a traditional fabric is always chosen for a traditional style frame. But, if you have and a daring sense of style and you know how to mix and match two different styles together, go for it.
This approach adds creativity to your space. For example, an unexpected choice might be a geometric design on a wing back chair, and this can work best in a contemporary room, with the wing back chair, so the print connects to the rest of the décor. Some fabrics look so casual, and some look more formal. Choose the one which matches the mood of the room décor and connects with the style of the room interior. Always consider the scale of the pattern. It should be appropriate to the furniture size, and it is covering as well as the room size too. For the large room, the bold and large pattern will work better, and for the small room, muted and small print might be a better choice.
Fabric colour: This one is the fanciest thing about fabric. Because colour is one of the most appealing features among all. It has a significant impact on your interior décor, especially if the furniture is a large sofa that will dominate the whole room. Make sure the colour choice is one you can live happily with for a long period. According to researchers, it might be best for you to avoid the bold and dark colour for a smaller room, especially when your sofa is too large. If you have children and pets in the house , avoid delicately coloured fabrics. Consider the colour temperature to strike the right mood. Different colour temperature like warm and cool colours affects the room, so they should be part of your decision. Avoid trendy colours, unless you like them so much because they can look outdated before the sofa or chair needs recovery.
Special considerations: There are some other factors that you might consider before you make a decision.
- Fade resistance: This factor is important if the sofa is placed in a room that gets plenty of sunlight or close to a window.
- Mildew resistance: Try to choose the fabric that is mildew-resistant if you are living in the humid climate.
- Allergies: If you and your family are allergic, so choose the microfiber for these certain allergies, since it is lint free and does not attract dust.
- Pets: if your pets are living with you and shares sofa, so avoid using delicate fabric such as silk and other fabric with lots of texture.