If you see IT as critical to your business success rather than just an expense, we should talk. Along with being a tool to manage your business processes, IT should also support your business strategy and long-term goals. That’s why EXP launched our Business Solutions team in late 2016, which I was brought on to lead. We provide strategic counsel to help your business grow in a sustainable way.
The concept of a virtual CIO, or vCIO, is gaining prominence across the industry because it provides a variety of benefits. We can help you choose the best solutions for your needs by analyzing the overall application of IT within your organization.
We then chart a course to success by considering:
- The long-term strategic goals of your organization.
- Your competitive environment including the technology other companies in your market are using.
- Which relevant IT solutions, whether buy or build, can provide ROI within 2-3 years.
- Your existing internal resources and whether you need external resources as well.
After considering all these factors, we’ll then create a strategic plan outlining a path to significant growth and increased profits. Through regular meetings and ongoing initiative management, we will help your organization reach your business objectives.
To best leverage working with our Business Solutions team, we suggest our clients have:
- Executive sponsorship, ideally at the CEO or Board level.
- A clear executive vision for the desired level of business growth.
- A realistic understanding of your current IT environment including areas in need of improvement.
- Long-term commitment to our collaborative plan once accepted.
Along with strategic CIO level guidance and complex project management, Business Solutions also provides services in compliance, software application development, and systems integration — all to help your business grow in a smarter, more focused way.