The story behind the growth of DTH subscribers is quite impressive. When the first DTH service was unveiled in the Indian markets, it involved huge costs of training the technical experts. Even influencing the customers to bear massive amounts on their monthly recharge and satellite dish was not an easy task for the DTH operators. Most of the experts predicted that various companies would only be able to secure 10% of the total households in India even after 10 years. And, today how these soothsayers have been proven wrong.,
Growth of DTH subscribers as on 30.09.2016
As per reports published by TRAI, the number of existing DTH subscribers in India has increased substantially from and as of 30th September, 2016, there were 94.61 million subscribers This number does not include subscribers who still enjoy free Doordarshan. Out of this huge number, the leading broadcasters added higher number of new subscribers with Airtel adding 0.2 million. The number of pay channels in the country stands at 6 DTH operators offering paid services. All the paid service providers offer feasible DTH recharge offers.
The reasons for this stupendous growth in DTH
- The TV households, having a DTH connection, enjoy a superior quality experience that most of the cable operators fail to deliver. The crystal clear picture quality has made DTH services the No. 1 choice of the Indian households.
- Besides the provision of impeccable picture viewing experience, the users, who have registered for DTH plans, don’t have to go through the unwanted channels. They have to only pay for the channels that they like to watch
- And if they want to watch movies and programs in HD mode, they may have to pay a little extra. However, the extra money spent will be worth their valuable experiences
- The customer support service of DTH subscribers is always available to minimize the troubles of their users in the shortest possible time. If your DTH set top box is not working properly due to bad weather, or some of your channels are not running properly, their staff will come to your rescue no matter what.
- Also, with DTH, the users are not exposed to long service breakdowns. Its ‘Movie on Request’ facility allows its users to watch their favorite movies right on their TV screens without incurring massive costs.
- A DTH online payment allows for the amazing services you want to subscribe to, and have a mesmerizing TV watching experience at your home-sweet-home.
How DTH has resulted in the upward growth of Indian Economy?
The economic development of India in terms of GDP is not hidden from anyone, and DTH operators have contributed their share in this progression. As they proffer competitive and premium services to their users, it becomes natural for the prospective customers to subscribe to their wide range of plans and packages. With the number of DTH subscribers poised to increase exponentially, one can imagine the revenues earned by the leading DTH companies, and since each connection falls under the tax purview, it is understood that it has adds to the upward growth of the Indian economy. Service providers are striving to enhance their extent of operations in both rural and urban areas, and entertain all the customers with their services and increase their database.