Dental care is something that should not be ignored. A Poor dental hygiene may cause tooth decay, gum disease, bad breath and various other serious dental problems. After personality, teeth and smile are considered as the second most important feature by both men and women. Without a good oral health, you can’t be considered as healthy because oral health is linked to conditions outside the mouth such as diabetes, pregnancy and even mental health.
Key tips to keep your mouth and teeth healthy
Here are certain common yet most effective tips to keep your mouth and teeth healthy:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily.
- Use enough fluoride, but not too much (as it can cause white spots on teeth). Fluoride helps to strengthen enamel, making it less likely to
- decay. You can use toothpastes and mouth rinses that contain fluoride.
- Make it a habit to clean between your teeth everyday using floss or another kind of between-the-teeth cleaner.
- Limit your consumption of sugary snacks.
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Visit your dentist or oral health professional on a regular basis.
Dental Implants: Dental implants are highly beneficial for general oral health as they are not required to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges. Usually made of titanium post, dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone beneath the gum line. It allows the dentist to fix replacement teeth or a bridge into that area. If you are considering implants, you must have healthy gums and ample bone to hold up the implant. There are mainly two types of implants that are considered to be safe as per ‘The American Dental Association’-
- Endosteal implants- These are implanted directly into the jawbone.
- Subperiosteal implants- These are consist of a metal frame that is fixed onto the jawbone just below the gum tissue.
Dental Bridges and Crowns: Dental bridges are generally used to cover a space if the patient has one or more teeth missing. They are cemented to natural teeth or implants nearby the space where the tooth once stood. Dental crowns on the other hand are used to completely cover a damaged tooth or an implant. Dental bridges and crowns help to:
- Strengthen a damaged tooth
- Improve a tooth’s appearance, shape, alignment and dental occlusion
- Prevent a teeth to shift due to the gap left by missing teeth
Root Canal: Root canal is basically the cleaning of the canals inside the tooth’s root. The treatment is highly effective in repairing a badly damaged or infected tooth. Under this procedure, damaged area of the tooth, called pulp is removed, cleaned and disinfected and then it is filled and sealed by the dentist. When performed properly by an experienced dentist, root canal treatment helps to:
- Relieve toothache
- Save a diseased tooth from extraction
- Improve the appearance of your tooth
- Enhances your overall well being and health
Many people often get a bit intimidated by the thought of going to the dentist. Other concerns that most people have is about what dental procedure to choose, where to avail discount dental procedures, which dentist to choose, etc. The good news is that nowadays, there are several online sites that allow you to choose from a list of well-renowned dental service providers and select your procedure at the price you can afford. With just a click, you can negotiate the price with a bunch of top dental service providers and get the treatment done successfully within your budget.
A smile is enormously vital to our personas, self-confidence, relations and success. When you have healthy teeth and gums, you can smile confidently. So, keep your smile attractive by adopting a good oral hygiene and regular dentist visits. This may actually help to prevent certain diseases from occurring.