THE TYPICAL PRICES FOR REGULAR LOCKSMITH SERVICES
Locksmith services come with unexpected expenses. Different companies set different prices, which give them a place in this competitive industry. However, they say any company that combines quality and affordability is always ahead of the competition. On average, the cost of hiring a legitimate locksmith ranges between $90 and$150. However, you can pay more or less depending on the scope of the locksmith service you need. The following are typical prices for regular locksmith services in Dallas;
Well, at some point in time, you will need to change your locks for various reasons including;
- Lock damage after a burglary
- Lost or keys
- Replace old locks with new ones
If you have property and you regularly need locks changed, the typical prices range between $29 and $300. However, there might be situations that might demand additional charges including among them;
- If you need a key copied, locksmiths might charge $1-$4. If you require special keys, the prices may shot to $3-$20.
- Rekeying is the most viable and affordable option instead of entirely replacing your locks. If you need this service, locksmiths charge $40-$100 and an additional $4 to $25 for any newly installed cylinder lock.
- For new door lock installations, locksmiths charge an average of $40 to $90 which is exclusive of labour costs which might be $15-$30 per lock.
HIGH-TECH ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS AND BIOMETRICS
If you always lose or misplace your keys on regular basis, you might consider installing access control systems and biometrics that will ensure only authorised individuals gain access to your premises. You can decide to have locks that use smartcards, smartphone apps, Bluetooth, passcodes or biometrics. Installing this system can cost you anywhere from $90-$500 depending on many factors such as;
- The type of system you want
- The nature of the work
- The time consumed during the installation
Have you ever been locked out of your car, office, or home? How did you feel? Being locked out is a disappointing event. Despite the fact that this is a service you cannot request on regular basis, it still remains one of the most important thing a locksmith should offer; therefore understanding the typical price it comes with is of essence.
- For a car lock out service, locksmiths charge between $30 and $60 depending on how sophisticated the lock is.
- For residential lockout services, locksmiths charge between $20 and $40, exclusive of key or lock replacement.
- For industrial lockout services, they charge between $30 and $90, depending on the nature of the work.
24 HOURS EMERGENCY SERVICES
Some lock problems cannot wait, and all you need is a locksmith immediately. For that, locksmiths will charge anywhere from $60 to $600. This may seem extremely high, but many factors play into the cost. They include;
- Location and,
- Extent of the problem
Even with the above typical prices for regular locksmith services, the rule of the thumb is to always ask for quotes from various reputable locksmith companies and do a comparison test. After all is said and done, go for the best that you can afford.