Are you planning to relocate yourself?
But are worried about the tasks and work that go along with it and tensed about the fees of packers and movers? Then take a back seat and relax as now you can determine actual cost of packers and movers with few easy tips:
Rates of movers and packers depend on various parameters like distance, volume of goods, experience, their credentials and the level of urgency of the user; so one specific answer is very difficult to table.
In fact there is no specific rate card but rates certainly vary as per the case. Here is how costs of movers and packers are determined in India:
- Cost of packing materials used. If highly advanced materials are used for packing; certainly the packing costs will be high.
- Packing charges
- Handling charges including, loading and unloading
- Insurance charges
- Transportation charges
- Cost of value added service
- Other applicable taxes like service tax, octroi, toll tax etc.
- Shifting timings: Time of shifting also affects the rates. If you are shifting in peak hours or during vacation, rates are comparatively higher. Weekend shifting rates are higher. Also see to it that you not moving in city’s restricted time zone, else chalan would be imposed.
- Additional services like installation and un installation of air condition and electric fitting etc.
- How many goods you are planning to shift, also decides the moving rates. Space of truck also comes with price too. More the number of goods; more space needed and so rates are high.
- In case you are moving to small house then the rates will be low as compared to relocating in a large furnished house.
Cost heads will vary based on the following:
- The volume of goods: Packing materials, handling charge, insurance, transportation etc. will vary as per the goods.
- Distance: Higher the distance, more the rates and if it is outstation city; rates are much higher. Based on distance, rate varies. This may apply for storage service as well as the goods are to be transported from your house to their ware house for storage.
- Insurance: Insurance, risk cover against loss or damage of goods during transportation is vital aspect in determining costs. Movers and packers in India offer two type of insurance – commercial value insurance that may be charged @1.5% in case of transit insurance and 3% of declared value for full inclusive one.
Long haul movements:
Apart from local move following factors also add up to the rates:
- Vehicle type
- Shared vehicle
- Dedicated vehicle