Buying email addresses never seemed easier. If you search "buy email addresses" you will get thousand hits that contain different prices and offers. But, how do you know which of these providers is a good one? This is just one of the questions that you need to ask yourself when you start looking for email lists.
Another important aspect when it comes to email advertising is spam. People are less likely to open mails that they haven't agreed to receive. This is why it is important to target your audience in order to maximize the effect of direct email campaign, because let's face it, if you don't have a driver's license, it is highly unlikely that you will be interested in auto repair shop. In addition to this, don't send mails to frequently. No one wants to receive marketing emails several times a day - limit the number of them.
So, if you know that a lot of people don't open emails that they didn't agree to receive, can you get sales from cold emails? The answer is yes! Once again, we come to the most important part of direct email marketing - targeting. It cannot be stressed enough how much targeting is important. You will send emails to the right people, the ones that can be genuinely interested in your product. It goes without saying that content is equally important. Keep it short, to the point and add a personal touch to it - people are more likely to pay attention to you if your email contains a personal touch.
There are endless possibilities in how to use the email list you have in order to advertise, but the main one is to send your direct mail campaign. The campaign itself should be divided into smaller sections. For example, you can give them exclusive content. Or, if they register on your website (make a purchase, call you, etc.), you give them a free gift. Offering bonuses or gifts can speak volumes and allow you to expand your email list. In addition to this, some companies opt to offer a free eBook or some sort of gift card if the person sends invitation to other friends, thus allowing that company to expand mail list even more. The most successful campaigns are not the ones which just want to sell their product and nothing else, but those campaigns that offer value and much more.
Once again, we come to targeting. You must think, well we mentioned it a few times, what is there left to say. The truth is that targeting is the most important part of any marketing campaign. If you decide to advertise on Facebook, there are a few different options in how to target your audience. You can choose age, gender, area, etc. So, if you are own a small business in Santa Barbara and you want to grow your business, it is better to make sure that your campaign is seen by people there. Obviously, it can be shown to people in New York, but the targeting on Facebook allows you to advertise to those people who can actually make a purchase and bring you profit.
As it was mentioned before, there are so many list brokers to choose from. Which one you will choose is up to you, but we compiled the list of 8 of them to help you find the right one.
1. The first one on our list is InfoUSA. It has the most comprehensive geographic list criterion in the USA. It is easy to use and besides geographic criteria, there many other to choose from as well - demographic, financial situation and even hobbies. InfoUSA is great for B2B as well, as you can narrow your search by location, industry, the number of employees, etc. If you have any questions, customer service is there to answer all of them, which is helpful no matter if you are a beginner or a pro when it comes to direct marketing. In addition to this, it offers you a bad leads refund. The flaw of InfoUSA is that international lists are limited to certain countries. The minimum purchase is $99.
2. Mailing Lists Direct is great for B2B because its business list is the most detailed and specific one of all mentioned here. You can check for businesses that are owned by females, how many employees, etc. When it comes to consumers list, you can search for new homeowners or people who live in a specific area, as well as many others. Mailing Lists Direct has a good customer service and offers bad lead refunds, but only if more than 95% of the list is undeliverable. The bad side is that its marketing services are limited, e.g. printing is not offered. The minimum purchase is 100 records.
3. List Giant offers you a great range of criteria as well. Geography, demographics, finances are just several of many different options. It is great for B2B as well, as you can create a unique criteria to narrow down your target audience. Their customer service is useful and they offer bad leads refund if there is less than 94% deliverability. The con of List Giant is that this company doesn't have any direct mailing services. The minimum purchase is 5000 records.
4. Caldwell List Company is a family owned company. Unlike any other, there is no tool to refine list on your own - you have to contact a representative and they will help you. According to the company, this is a fast process, it will take them less than a day to deliver your list. What is interesting about this list broker is that their criteria for medical professionals is impressive. So if you are in medical business, this list broker is for you. Their biggest flaw is the abovementioned characteristic - you cannot refine a list on your own. The minimum purchase is $75 and they offer a refund for bad leads.
5. National Data Group as most of list brokers, allows you to refine your list. However, its business criteria are not as extensive as consumer ones. They offer you marketing experts to help you with your lists and they offer refund for bad leads. The minimum purchase is 5000 records.
6. Direct Mail has more than 40 years of experience and is one of the first direct marketing platforms. Their consumer list criteria is one of the most detailed and it allows you to choose from so many different categories. Business list is not detailed as the consumer one, allowing you to choose only from a basic criteria. The biggest draw of this list broker is that there are no refunds, thus making every purchase a final one. Their customer service representatives can answer your every question quickly and they offer marketing specialists that can help you identify your target audience. The minimum purchase is $24.95.
7. Exact Data offers you a huge variety of premade lists and some of them are very specific. You can even purchase a list of people who expressed their loyalty to a certain brand. However, the lack of options doesn't allow you to create such lists on your own. Their search options are quite simple when compared to the premade lists. Their biggest drawback is that they are by far the most expensive list broker company. The minimum purchase is 750$ which makes them one of the most expensive list broker companies in the world.
8. BB Direct allows you to customize your list by offering you a variety of criteria to choose from. However, their focus is on B2B lists. Their database allows you to be as specific as you wish when it comes to marketing your products or services. You can even specify whether you like to send an email to a CEO or a manager. Unfortunately, their consumer list criteria are not equally intricate and detailed as the ones for B2B marketing. Some of the criteria may be repetitive even. The minimum purchase is 100 records.
The main problem about list brokers and buying lists is that unless you do it properly, you can easily get in trouble - explains Stefan, CEO of KickAssGrowth growth hacking agency. . Not only will you lose money, but you will also gain bad reputation. People often don't realize how a bad reputation can ruin your business and your chances to grow it. There are several rules that you need to follow if you want to this the right way. One of them is to make sure that you can always contact your list broker. Unless you can contact them, it is likely that you will get bad email addresses. Another important aspect that you need to pay attention to is whether you get actual email or just generic one that can be found on websites. If most of them are generic ones, your campaign would not be as nearly successful as it would be if you had the real address from owners, partners, and employees. But the two most important tips are that you make sure that there are refunds for bad leads and that you have the list that you wanted with high deliverability rate. This is how you will prevent losing money and you will make sure that your company doesn't get bad reputation and prevents blocking good email addresses. This is how you will stay out of trouble. And if you want to be extra sure, use one of the list cleaners like Never Bounce or Hubuco to check your email lists regularly.
Even nowadays, there are two main groups of people when it comes to direct mail marketing - one of them is for and the other one is against buying lists. But there is no arguing that direct mail is still one of the most effective marketing techniques. It allows you to reach out to a specific audience, thus enabling you to grow your business. Whether you want to promote your company locally or to a specific group of people, direct mail can do that like no other marketing strategy - claim experienced marketers from WeGrowth. The key is to stay out of trouble by buying good quality lists, making sure that they are up to date and that you don't break any laws.