It is not just Google that has adopted the concept of Mobile-first indexing, more and more companies ranging from small, medium to start-ups and also virtual conglomerates have already adopted that mindset.
People in this era cannot think of existing without apps. And it won’t be wrong to say that they have started ruling the human race. If you want to learn more about Android apps and their development, scope, challenges, latest developments, and technology related to them, you can always refer to Android News.
In this article, we will explore the current scenario of the mobile app industry and what’s in and what’s out as far as mobile apps are concerned. So, check it out.
Statistical facts about apps and revenues they generate
- As the number of apps is increasing remarkably, the number of users is rising by leaps and bounds and the figure is still growing.
- There are as many as 2.2 million apps harbored by Google Play
- Apple’s App store harbors as many as 2 million apps
- Experts (Gartner) are of the opinion that around USD$77 billion worth of revenue will be generated in the current year 2017 from an estimated download of 268 billion apps.
- The app economy will play an important role in the technology sector of any country.
- It is also being predicted that by the year 2019, around USD $43.3 billion worth of revenue will be generated only from the retail sector owing to the popularity and improvement of the location based applications that have already made inroads into the consumer market.
- As per forecasts by the year 2020, the VR industry or the virtual reality industry will become a market with a whopping value worth more than USD$30 billion.
What 2017 holds as far as app development is concerned
Check out the trends or vital aspects that will govern the use of apps not just for the mobiles but also for the various other forms of media and across multiple platforms.
Progressive Web Apps
Generally speaking, right from the time an app is downloaded to the time it is used by the user at least 25% of the users will not use the app in the first place due to several reasons, the main one definitely being the agony of downloading it. However, with Progressive Web Apps, you don’t have to download the app in order to use it. Instead you can use it right away. These apps are particularly popular among the so called “mobile browser” users.
Android Instant Apps
The search engine giant Google’s Android Instant Apps are not far behind as compared to the Progressive Web apps. The main USP of the former is that it allows the Android based apps to start running promptly and instantly. So, you don’t have to wait for it to download it in the device you are using. However, one of the drawbacks of this form of app is that it is compatible only with Android systems. One thing is certain that the unique feature of apps with the concept of “running it only when you need it” will help the app industry to flourish and prosper like never before.
Location based applications and technology
Location based applications are gaining popularity particularly in the healthcare sector aside from the retail sector. The emphasis is essentially on personalization of services and products that will allow the retail sector to boom with the location based applications. According to Android News, this trend will continue even after 2019. In fact, it can further expand in this arena with advanced technology and tools to cater to the needs of the consumers.