There have been many users who have been complaining about this Windows 7 error that they have been receiving. The error message says that – This copy of Windows is not genuine. When you are getting this message then it seems quite fishy because you have just got this brand new laptop and updated everything with genuine things ad nothing pirated was used. The first thing that will cross your mind is that whether your computer is infected or not but when it is new then there are hardly any chances of getting things wrong. Don’t panic because it is a simple message which is suggesting that something is wrong with your Windows. The installation process might not have taken place correctly and that is the reason you are getting this annoying message. What are the consequences of this error message? The main thing that it does is it blacks out your screen so that the message can appear loud and clear. This happens after every hour, so if you are working on some important presentation or playing some game, it will keep on interrupting you with this message unless you fix it. Now when you are on this page that means it has frustrated you to the level where you thought to yourself that you now have to fix this issue before it gets to you any further. Here you will know how to fix Windows 7 not genuine error.
This copy of Windows is not genuine
When you see this error make sure that your software is not counterfeit and it is original. Once you start getting this message it will not leave you until unless you have fixed the error. It will pop up every 5 minutes as notification and ask you to fix the issue before you carry on with your work any further. Your battery life might also get affected so if you are travelling with your laptop which is showing up this message every now and then it will be very difficult for you to work on your way. You have to keep the charger plugged in so that it doesn’t run out of battery life sooner. Whenever you get any error message then it becomes very obvious that the performance of your computer will be hampered more so when it is giving your windows error message. This error can be easily fixed by following some simple cmd steps and your Windows 7 will be genuine with no message interfering the normal workflow of the system.
If you want to make sure that you get original Windows then try to buy pre-installed Microsoft Windows but if you are getting it from outside, then get it from a trusted retailer whether it is online or local. Make sure to check the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) or the hologram that will prove that they are original. If you found any one of those available, then you can trust that the Windows provided is genuine.
How to Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine error
If you want to fix the Windows 7 error, then you can simply follow the steps that are explained below –
- You first need to login to the Windows 7 and start the command prompt
- In order to start the command prompt you will have to go to the start menu and there in the search field you will have to type in cmd
- You will find cmd on top, don’t open it instead right click on it and it will come up with the dropdown menu
- There you will find the option Run as administrator
- This will open up the command prompt
- Now you need to type in the command – SLMGR-REARM
- This command will only work when you have opened the command prompt as an administrator
- In order to execute the action you will have to press enter
- The system will come up with Windows Script Host windows which will say – Command completed successfully. Please restart the system for the changes to take effect.
- Press OK on that window and restart the computer
- Once you restart the computer you will get another notification, which will ask you to activate Windows, there you just have to click on cancel and carry on with starting the system
You will now have error free experience on your computer. No annoying message will pop – up every v minutes to frustrate you or disturb you when you are working seriously on something. For More info Visit: http://techieride.com