One of the worst fears that we all have is the fear of losing all the information stored in our computer due to virus attack. Most of us store the financial information in our computer, but in case it is affected by some virus, then we become vulnerable. The computer stops working completely or even if it works, then also it will start behaving weird and sometimes you will come across strange sound as well. But, there is good news for all those who have been worried about the security of their computer. The problem is that we don’t like to spend money on the anti - virus software that is available in the market and in a way it is correct too, because when we have some of the best anti – virus for free of cost, then why would we pay extra.
List of antivirus for Windows XP
So, if you are looking for some of the best antivirus while playing games online, then here is a list of some of the best anti – virus for Windows XP. Here, no expensive software programs are included because the names that are mentioned in here are the best and perform even better than the expensive ones.
- AVG Anti – Virus Free 2014 – It is one of the most common and also the best software tools in the anti - virus category. It is full - fledged antispyware, antivirus and also includes link scanner, email scanner along with automatic updates. Apart from several scanning options there are some other premium features like a hassle free installation, no need to check on the updates and also the frequency of updating amongst various other options.
- Avast! Free antivirus 2014 – Avast is no doubt, one of the best antivirus engines along with being an antispyware as well. It protects your computer from the threats from internet, your emails, files as well as instant messages too. It has the ability to detect some of the unknown viruses as well, which was previously not known along with numbers of malware. It has been successfully working in the antivirus since 1988 and till date doing great work of protecting the computer without fail.
- Bitdefender antivirus free edition – This one is easy to set up and even the configuration can be completed very easily. The system resources used to protect your computer is not that much either, thus making it one of the best antivirus even when it is the free edition.
- Panda Cloud Antivirus – The best part of this antivirus is that it doesn’t slow down the computer, instead you will see the work being accomplished somewhere due to the cloud option.
- Avira Free antivirus – You name it and Avira has the solution for you, so it actually protects you from the virus, worms, Trojans, spywares, malwares and adware. It has fully functional tool for detecting the malware, so that it can provide you with the best protection ever. But, if you are using Avira antivirus, then make sure that you have complete knowledge of configuration; else you will find it difficult to use it.