When the temperature is dropping, a durable women’s coat will help you stay warm. A long down coat is an ideal option for you if you want a heavy winter coat that will not only keep you warm and make you look good even.
In this post, you'll find tips to help you find the right down coat and keep you warm this winter.
1. Quality construction: We are sure that you do not want strings hanging here and there or sticking through the fabric. If this happens, you'll end up purchasing an inferior product. So, the first thing to do is to look for the quality construction of the down coat. Inspect the material carefully because if feathers or threads are sticking out, your down coat will not remain in shape for long. Don’t compromise on the sturdiness of your coat.
2. Fill Power: Fill power represents the fluffiness of the coat; bigger the number, better the insulation. However, the fill power is not the only thing that should attract your attention when you look at a down coat’s information is the percentage of down. This percentage is in comparison with regular small feathers placed in the jacket. This usually looks like 90/10 or 80/20. Here again, higher the first number, better will be the quality of the down coat.
3. Material: Usually, polyester and nylon are used to form the outer layer of a down coat. This is because they can withstand harsh conditions in a much better way and are durable, at the same time. There are other materials too, but you should avoid it if your primary purpose is to protect you in the coldest weather.
4. Water resistant and Windproof: Being water resistant is a base requirement because you never know when will the drizzles cover you and make you feel wet. To avoid that feeling, you should make sure that the selected down coat is water resistant. At the same time, if it is a warm jacket, it should protect you from the wind even, isn’t it?
5. Weight and length: Depending on the requirement, you should purchase the coat. If you are planning to wear it while trekking outdoors, look for a lighter down coat because a heavy piece will slow down your movement. However, if you are planning to purchase it for general use, a bulky jacket might even be a good option.
There are a couple of reasons because of which you should make sure that you have selected the right length while choosing an overcoat. The first reason is that longer the down coat, the warmer it will be for you. The second reason is that it should not look too big on your body because it will pull down the style quotient. We are sure that you would not want that to happen. So, make sure that you have chosen the right length. We know that the reasons might put you in a fix, but we hope that you'll end up choosing one that is perfect for you.
6. Cost: This can be the bottleneck for most of the women out there because one cannot think of purchasing an expensive down jacket until and unless they know that the savings in their bank account are on the higher side. With this being said, if you already have an expensive down coat in your mind, you should purchase it from an online store. Shopping at online stores is beneficial because you get coupons and exclusive outerwear deals. The best part is that you can compare products at various online stores before adding it to your shopping cart. So, if cost is your bottleneck, online shopping should be on your mind.
While shopping online, check whether there is a return policy or not. If there is no return policy, you might be stuck with the wrong piece forever.
7. Style: While investing in a down coat, you should look for the style you like even. This strikes us because traditional women’s down coats are out of fashion. Women today want something that makes them look good even. After all, if it does not go well with the look they wish to carry, the fashionista tag will be removed from their list of achievements. So, it is important to keep the style of the coat in mind while choosing the outerwear.
.Here, it is important to carefully choose the color of the down jacket because you'll wear it all winter. So, make sure that you carefully choose one that adds the fun element in your sense of dressing and compliments your neutral wardrobe.
8. Wind flaps/storm flaps: We all know that the wind can easily cut through zippers, and if it does, the entire purpose will be lost. So, it is important to be sure that you have selected a coat that has storm flaps.
9. Hoods: With the selected down coat, if the hood is missing, it is not okay. Hoods help in keeping you warm even. So, make sure that you look for the hood and shortlist it accordingly. Here, looking for an insulated hood is important.
Another important point to be noted here is that there are different types of hoods even. So, it can even add to your style quotient. Think about it!
10. Extras: Look for the extras being provided by the manufacturer. For example, people love to have extra zippers to keep their phones and other items safe while moving around. So, if extra zippers are your need, look for it. If you love stylish buttons, you'll get a number of down coats with stylish buttons impressing the onlookers even before they see your face. Whatever it may be, look for it and enjoy the extras.