When it comes to moving, there are a plethora of services available these days and if you don't have the proper understanding for different types of moving services, it' very much possible that you might get yourself lost in the web of confusion and will be overwhelmed with the whole situation.
To understand the moving services better, let’s go through different type of moving services offered by different moving companies:
- Local Moving: A the name suggests, it clearly mean that you should be moving in the same state. Every moving company has certain distance determined for the local move. Usually, the local move are charged by the man-hour which mean that the moving charge will be calculated based on the no. of worker multiplied by no. of hours taken to complete your move.
- Long-Distance Moving: This may include interstate a well as intrastate move. Even if your distance is within the same state but exceeds the set local distance determined by the moving companies, your moving will be considered as a long-distance move.
- Long distance moves are further divided into two types of moving based on the service you hire which completely depends upon your preference:
- Full-service move: In this type of move, all the moving services will be taken care of by the moving company's professional guys you’ve hired. From packing, loading, unloading to unpacking, everything will be done by the professionals.
- Self-service move: In this type of move, the professional movers will only help you with the transportation part. Their job would be to load your stuff from the old house, drive it to your new abode and get it unloaded. In this, you will responsible for the packing and unpacking of your stuff on your own.
- Commercial Moving: Commercial or corporate movers do much more than simply packing up your files and desks. They are the complete package deal who are pros in coordinating the logistics of your office move and make sure that your business pace isn’t interrupted at all. In short, they are the best team to make your office relocation experience as smooth as possible.
- Household Moving: This is the most common type of moving service and the household movers work on the principle of providing secure and efficient moving of your household stuff.
Now that you’re aware of different kinds of moving services, we hope that finding the right one will be quite simpler for you.