Acne can also be caused by too much stress, problems with sleeping and unhealthy eating habits. Have you ever wondered how to cure acne and which is the best remedy for them? Well, there is no definitive cure, but there are many natural home remedies that can help you. You can simply use ingredients that you have in your pantry or in your fridge. This way you will prevent or relieve the problem with acne that you already have.
In this article we will present you seven natural home remedies that can help you with acne. Just continue reading and you will find out how to get rid of this uncomfortable problem.
1. Baking Soda. Baking soda is a great home remedy for clearing acne. It is known to exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells. Baking soda also regulates pH balance of the skin and it has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. You just need to make a paste of one or two teaspoons of baking soda and water and to apply it on the affected area. After a couple of minutes rinse it off. It is recommended to use baking soda once or twice a week and your acne will disappear quickly.
2. Tea Tree Oil. One of the most effective home remedies for acne is a 5% solution of tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties and it can disinfect skin pores. This way, tea tree oil will kill the bacteria that cause acne. You just need to apply one drop of this oil to the affected area two or three times a day. Another way to use tea tree oil is to mix a few drops of this oil with 20-40 drops of witch hazel and to apply it on your face using a cotton swab. It is recommended to apply this solution once or twice a day. If you use larger amount of this oil, it will dry your skin and make the acne even worse.
3. Mint. Mint can also help if you have acne. You just need to mix 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint with two tablespoons of plain yogurt and two tablespoons of oatmeal. Apply this mixture to your face and let it stay 10 minutes on your face and then rinse it off with water.
4. Chamomile. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties and it can decrease inflammation from acne. Combine the content of a chamomile tea bag with water and apply this mixture to acne. Also, you can steep two chamomile tea bags with a cup of boiled water for 15 minutes and then use a cotton ball to apply chamomile on your acne.
5. Aloe. Aloe is known for its burn-relieving properties and it can fight infections. Also, aloe promotes healing and reduces scarring. Aloe is also very good for acne. You just need to scrape the gel from an aloe plant and to apply it to acne. You can also buy aloe gel in most health food stores.
6. Honey. Honey is known for its antibiotic properties so it can eliminate acne. You just need to apply a teaspoon of honey to the affected area or you can make a mask by mixing honey (1/2 cup) with 1 cup of oatmeal. Let it stay on your face for about 30 minutes.
7. Oatmeal. It is proved that oatmeal is very beneficial in reducing acne. Actually, oatmeal cleanses your infected pores and absorbs oil. You just need to mix one teaspoon of honey and lemon juice in a cup of cooked oatmeal. Apply this mixture to the affected area on your skin. Let it stay for about 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. It is recommended to apply oatmeal to acne once or twice a week for best results.
These are some of the best natural home remedies for acne. You can also use echinacea, green tea, baking soda or your regular toothpaste which can also be very beneficial for clearing acne. We hope you have enjoyed this article and we are sure that you will find the best remedy for your acne.