Designing your own website can be a daunting process as there are so many factors to take into consideration to ensure that your site not only appeals to your customers but also tick all the boxes in terms of Search Engine Optimization, that helps push your way up the rank to reach the top of the search engine result page.
If you wish to learn how to make a website from scratch, it’s essential to keep two things in mind – one, focus on your objective and second, you will become prion the field only with the passage of time. So, here we list a step-by-step guide to help you create a really awesome website for your business.
Make a Strategy: The first and the foremost thing you need to do is to properly formulate a strategy for your brand. This can be done by:
- Conducting a proper research. This includes finding answers to questions like what is the main purpose behind building the website, who are you catering to and what kind of website you must get made – a business website, a personal one or a hubby based.
- Choosing your target market and
- Finally, analyzing your competitors on the web space.
Choosing a Domain Name: Getting an appropriate domain name is very crucial as it basically defines your business. Therefore, before you finalize on a name, take the following points into consideration:
- Short: When it comes to selecting name, always opt for shorter names. They are not only easy to remember but also simple to search.
- Brandable: The name must match with your brand’s identity, its features and characteristics. Make sure that the idea of your website is clear and should reflect in the name.
- Catchy: The name must not roll off the tongue.It should be creative and unique.
- Include keywords: Identify the right combination of keywords for your business and try to get it fitted in the domain name. This will, in turn, help you to rank your website in a much better manner.
Choose the Right Platform for the Website: While choosing a platform, you need to consider few important points. These include:
- It should be easy to install.
- Should have strong community and open sources.
- Should be ideal for both web professionals and as well as for non–tech savvy people to operate.
There are several online platforms available such as – Wix, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. that offer the service of developing and maintain your own website in the most simplified manner. Among these, wix.com and WordPress.com today, are considered to be the best.
Choosing a Hosting Package: Several web hosting companies offer different types of packages. While some are free, others are paid. Buy a hosting as per to your needs. The following companies offer web hosting at the most pocket-friendly prices:
- 1&1 Internet hosting, etc.
Designing and Navigation of the Web Pages: Once you’ve bought a domain name and web hosting, the next step is to design the website. One of the first things that visitors of a site notice is the web page design. Some quick tips to keep in mind include:
- Before designing, prepare a proper sitemap of your website which will make the idea of the site crystal clear in your mind.
- The design of the website should match the personality traits of the brand.
- The homepage primarily should give a glimpse of what the rest of the website has to offer.
- The succeeding pages on the site should be the place where more detailed information can be provided.
- The pages need to be organized by subtopics which will allow the visitors to navigate quickly the information they are looking for.
- You can design your website by using a plethora of tools like- how-to-use-website.com, wix.com, web design tutorials, etc.
Content: As wisely said by a learned man, “Content is King.”The most significant part of your website building is the presence of relevant content. It is another area of your site that predominantly determines if your visitors will use your site or not.
Content should be-
- Engaging and relevant to the topic.
- Creative, unique, accurate and should fulfil the requirements of your audience.
This will, in turn, builds trust with the visitors and therefore, encourages them to return in future. Content marketing is essential for any website to grow and rank on the first page of Google Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). Newsletters, blogs, articles and constant social media activities will help your website to rank in a better way.
Each website has something different to offer and therefore, requires special and unique name, content, and design. So why to wait? Just start! Create your own website and take your business to the next level.