Ethnicity is core to Indian fashion which cannot be ignored. Designers come up with fashion that is a blend of traditional as well as modern techniques. Fashion and creativity go hand in hand. A designer is known for its creativity and imagination. Without this, no designer can get success in this field. Many Indian designers have made a mark in ethnic fashion. Let us see one by one the heroes’ of ethnic fashion.
1. Satya Paul: Founded in 1st April 1985, Satya Paul is internationally recognized brand for its presentation of ethnic fashion. No one can deny the creativity and innovation incurred in this fashion. The brand is known for its classy ethnic designer sarees, which boast of innovative designs and vibrant color palette. It has designer wear for women and accessories like handbags, clutches, and scarves, accessories for men such as neck ties, belts, cuff links and wallets are also available. Satya Paul means a luxury brand and every diva's choice. Even in Bollywood, the couture Bollywood divas wear are incredible and mind blowing. Nothing matches the brands class. He changed the way women looked at designer sarees, his vision on print innovations and vibrant colors challenged the fashion world. With the introduction of easy to wear and chic new-age sarees, a lot of women started to experiment with their look. Satya Paul has redefined traditional wear by adding an eclectic class to it.
2. Bhanu Athiya: Bhanu Athiya shaped the Bollywood fashion. Worked with more than 100 films, she won the academy award for movie Gandhi. She is known for fabulous Indian fashion across the globe. She is one of a kind and her style of working is unique which is reflected in her designs.
3. Ritu Beri: Most influential Indian designer, Ritu Beri is the first Indian designer to represent a show in Paris and the first Asian to head the French fashion brand - Jean-Louis Scherrer. She is the only Indian designer to be featured in Promostyl’s magazine Acuity, which forecasts fashion trends worldwide. Ritu Beri was also named among “People to Watch in International Business” by Time Magazine. A pride of India, Ritu Beri sure has a class to give to Indian women.
4. Naeem Khan: Naeem is known for his designs that have been worn by international celebrities like Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Eva Longoria and the US First Lady Michelle Obama. Based in New York, Naeem Khan Experiments with fashion and that is why every time a new unique grandeur is reflected.
5. Beena Kannan: Entered into Guinness World Record and Limca Book of Records in 2007, Beena Kannan is recognized to design the longest silk designer saree, half a kilometer long. This gave her the worldwide recognition. Her creation became a hit worldwide.