There are a number of scholarly journals, both online and offline that publish research articles every year. These journals are highly respected all over the world and every year thousands of applicants submit their research articles to these journals for publication in order to receive wide appreciation for their work.
There are journals in every field of study and this proves to be true for linguistics as well. This listicle by hwsolvers.com will take a look at the 10 best research articles in linguistics published in 2014-2015 that have been published in reputed journals.
International Journal of Linguistics
The International Journal of Linguistics is a reputed online journal which is reviewed by peers. The sixth volume of the journal was published in 2014-2015, which contained 14 scholarly research articles on linguistics.
Two of the notable mentions from this journal include:
- “The Functions of 'or' and 'aw': Implications for Translation”, by Sherine Abd El-Gelil Emara
- “Verbs Taking “to+v” or “v+ing” as Their Complements: A Cognitive Grammar Account”, by Deilang Wang
The Linguistics Journal
The Linguistics Journal is an established online journal offering free access to research papers to individuals involved in any way with linguistics. The eight issue of the journal was published in 2014, containing 4 research articles.
Two of the much read research articles, part of this journal include:
- “The Use of Third-Person Pronouns by Native and Non-Native Speakers of English”, by Ibrahim M. R. Al-Shaer
- “Social Class and Language Structure: A Methodological Inquiry into Bernstein’s Theory of Sociology of Education”, by Mahmoud Qaracholloo, Ali Mansouri Nejad and Mohammad Aliakbari
Linguistics and Education
Linguistics and Education is an international research journal, which includes all areas of linguistics concerning education. The twenty eighth volume of the journal was published in 2014 and had 8 quality original linguistics related research articles.
Some of the notable articles from the issue of the journal include:
- “Missing response after teacher question in primary school English as a foreign language classes”, by Yuri Hosoda
- “Conversations or virtual IREs? Unpacking asynchronous online discussions using exchange structure analysis”, by Jo Lander
- “An exploration of the communication strategies used when culture-laden words are translated from Japanese to Arabic in ELF interaction”, by Stephanie Ann Houghton and Khalifa Abubaker Al-Asswad
Applied Linguistics is a journal of the Oxford University, which is widely respected all over the world. The thirty fifth issue of the journal was published in 2014, which was well received by experts all over the world.
The research articles that were featured in the 2014 issue include the following:
- “English as a Lingua Franca: An Immanent Critique”, by John P. O’Regan
- “A Longitudinal Investigation into L2 Learners’ Cognitive Processes during Study Abroad”, by Wei Ren
- “Interactional Competence across Proficiency Levels: How do Learners Manage Interaction in Paired Speaking Tests?”, by Evelina D. Galaczi
These are only the 10 best research articles in linguistics that the world has seen during the last years. There prove to be many others, which may suit specific purposes and requirements better. All of the mentioned research journals have received good appreciation and have been widely read all over the world.