Giving a present is much more pleasant than receiving the one. There is no doubt about this fact. When you choose a present for your loved one, you pay special attention to the whole process and spend much time and effort trying to select a truly meaningful and unique gift that will prove to be memorable and outstanding. If you really wish to make a special present, you don’t just purchase the very first item you come across. Instead, you think over different ideas and try to imagine what exactly your friend or family member would like to get. And only when you finally define that special article, you start searching for it and expect it to be the best gift you could ever give.
Those people, who have ever chosen presents for their loved ones (who hasn’t?), know for sure how tiresome and challenging the whole process is. There are so many things on sale these days that it is not that easy to select the one your loved one will be glad to receive. So, if you still hesitate and cannot make the final choice, it makes sense to discuss all kinds of presents you can give to the person you love.
1. Conventional Presents
These are the presents people frequently give to their loved ones on different occasions. This group involves everything you can find on sale nowadays, starting with cute accessories, gift cards and souvenirs and up to the ultramodern electronic devices, clothes, chinaware, kitchen appliances and what not. These presents are quite ordinary and very predictable, so if you wish to make it a surprise, it is better to continue your search.
2. DIY Gift
Who doesn’t like do-it-yourself gifts? Almost everyone adores them! This is because they demonstrate the real attitude of your loved ones and their desire to create something special for you. That is why DIY gifts are more meaningful and priceless, even if they actually cost less than all those tablets, jewelry and attires. When you create and present your special person with such a gift, you don’t have to spend a fortune buying it, but you will be surprised at how excited your close person will be to get it. This is because such gifts demonstrate how much you care and this is what really matters in human relationships. Listed below are some of the most interesting and extraordinary handmade presents you can create on your own:
• A scrapbook with the photos of you and your special someone
• A box of memories, where all the special and meaningful items will be kept
• A collection of songs, movies or even cartoons your loved one adores
• A CD with the family videos
• Funny “coupons” with versatile “discounts” and offers, such as an extra kiss, a family vacation etc.
3. Emotional or Experience Gifts
An emotional or experience gift is the one that gives your loved one a chance to experience new emotions and feelings. As a rule, these are diverse vacations, SPA certificates, concert or sports events tickets, skydiving, bungee jumping, dance lessons etc. If you wish to make sure your close person will like the gift or just want to experience these feelings together, it makes sense to buy the same “gift” for yourself. Be sure, the memories you will share will last for a lifetime!
What You Shouldn’t Do When Choosing the Gift
When it comes to choosing the best present for that special someone, some people make serious mistakes, which eventually prevent them from making the right choice. Here are some of the things you should NOT do, when selecting the gift:
• Never compare your present with those your friends or relatives are going to give. Some of them may be more expensive or large, but this is not the major point, believe me.
• Never give up! Even if you can’t decide what exactly to choose, just give preference to a gift certificate or the cute souvenir like a couch pillow with a print, for example. Such things always bring positive emotions and great mood.
• Having bought a present, don’t leave a price tag on it. Well, this point does not need any explanations, I believe.
Hopefully, these recommendations will come in handy to you, helping you select the gift that will really be unique, extraordinary, personalized, memorable and special!