Monday, December 11, 2017

Everything Happens For A Reason

by Barbara MacDonald (writer), CANADA , November 12, 2015

Credit: unknown
With patience we will usually learn the reason.
watch the video

Even if we do not at first understand why, with time we often learn the lesson and why.

Most of us have heard the phrase "everything happens for a reason", and surely I do believe that ,but there are times I just do not want to hear that or am I able to focus . I'm just plain annoyed, angry, frustrated or whatever and really am not in the mood to hear those words, thanks anyways....lol. But there is a little something when added to the phrase I find much more helpful. " Everything happens for a reason and it serves me."

Let's take anger as an example.

One day I was feeling particularly out of sorts and really angry about something and all of a sudden that phrase popped into my head. I thought, "OK, Anger, if it's true that everything happens for a reason and it serves me, then tell me why you're here! I want to know because it doesn't feel like you're helping me right now.”

And what came to mind was: "I'm here to give you strength; to help you face whatever it is that you're so upset about. I'm here to bring your awareness, energy and focus to whatever is troubling you. I'm here to put you in a position of strength and focus so that you can say what needs to be said and do what needs to be done."

After hearing those messages and having that awareness, I began to settle down and breathe more deeply. I became more relaxed and more prepared to address the situation in a much more powerful, calm and centered fashion.

I knew why Anger came and how it was meant to serve me. It wanted me to speak up. I was able to collect my thoughts, take appropriate action and say what I needed to say. Surprisingly, without any anger, hostility or resentment.

Fascinated by this experience, I paid attention to other emotions and how they too were there to serve me. I gradually realized that I possessed an Internal Guidance System, a 7th Sense, a map of my emotions so to say.

Once understood and accepted, the emotion can be released. And if it ever arises again you know why it was there and what is was guiding you to do. All you have to do is recognize its intended service and take the appropriate action. Those few little extra words added to the phrase helped me find a solution, which is what we all really want. Try it sometime and see if it too helps you.

Barbara MacDonald is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

7 comments on Everything Happens For A Reason

By riginal on November 12, 2015 at 07:59 pm

yeah Barb pertinent timely post. Lot of unreasonable anger without a lot of reasoning being applied in a lot of talks and walks in every day life these days. But just in passing may i mention for what reason if any, do virus alerts and unreasonable material pop up increasingly on this site when all you want to do is read a reasoned well thought out post? Needs adjustment.Ongoing. Maybe i need anger reconsilliation but it's frustrating to say the least. :>)

By Angela Emely on November 13, 2015 at 05:42 am

Yes I completely agree that "Everything happens for a reason". Looking forward to learn a new lesson each day and enjoying the journey.

www.assignmenthelpuk.com/professional-assignment-writers-uk/

By Barbara MacDonald on November 13, 2015 at 09:41 am

Thank you Riginal, I know it is difficult to even read an article we want now without being redirected to some other page...I have trouble even getting to my own articles to read if someone comments. Thank you though for your persistance, appreciated.

By Barbara MacDonald on November 13, 2015 at 09:42 am

Thank you Angela.

By Barbara MacDonald on November 20, 2015 at 11:49 am

Did you even read what I wrote, because your advice has nothing to do with what I was writing about. Having been a life-coach for many years, I find it insulting how you rated me, and the arrogance to tell me things I certainly already know.

My suggesstion to you, actuially focus on the discussion, rather than being so quick to want to turn it into your own agenda.

By riginal on November 20, 2015 at 05:31 pm

Kathleen Rueb you are indeed a pompous rude person and if you think impinging on talented established writers is your trait in life and your chosen tripe and that of your cohorts flogging indiscriminate crap bring it on and we'll see what a 'same old same old' reverberating pack of desperately seeking Susan writers you pretend to be. Projecting 'prentence' flog is that of a moronic imploded self-misaligned person. Spieling the obvious tripe 'custom essay' "wanna bees" doing badly may i add. None of you put up anything of value except touting, and that touting-stale. The only thing that stays forever is you guys and gals flogging. More's the pity.

By Barbara MacDonald on November 20, 2015 at 06:02 pm

Thanks my friend, we are most likely wasting our words on a deaf audience who just want to flog their expertise...it is very insulting though.