If your relations, like my mum, have long since thrown away their vintage finery - you're in luck, as Boohoo.com's new season collection delivers the best of the 1970s trend at affordable prices.
The Internet retailer, which targets trend-conscious consumers from age 14 to 35, is hot on the heels of Zara, Mango et al with its Studio 54 and Woodstock references.
We're particularly captivated by the Missoni-esque patterned knits, suede mini dresses, velvet tuxes and snakeskin platforms which are perfect for the modern-day dance diva.
With a great range of price points and super-fast delivery, here are five outfits we are keen to get our hands on.
1. Paisley peasant dress - whether frolicking around a festival or tearing up the nightclub dancefloor.
2. Velvet tux - 'new romantic' style for a new era. Up the ante with a plum or berry lipstick and Gothic style cocktail jewellery.
3. Flares - not a look for the faint hearted, but these purple pants are bang on trend. The long fur-collared patterned coat is also on our hit list.
4. Patterned mini dress - make like a mod in this eye-catching number, and add a skinny neck scarf if you want to go all out.
5. Leather shift - channel your inner 70s siren in this retro leather dress, complete with funky bell-shape sleeves.
See more at: Long formal dresses Australia