Friday, October 20, 2017

Why Liberals are Stupid

Currently under construction on Avon Mountain in Connecticut --there are mountains in Connecticut? -- is a house. It is slightly larger than the home built by Bill and Melinda Gates and is only 4,000 square feet smaller than the White House. It boasts a two-story basement containing a 103-seat movie theatre among other amenities. Total square footage: 50,900. It is the largest single-family residence in New England and it is owned by real estate mogul Arnold Chase.

America is the land of opportunity. You do the work and you get the rewards. Mr. Chase has done the work and therefore he deserves the rewards. If he wants to share, that's his business. One would hope that he would have it in his heart to share some of this wealth, but there are no laws on the books in America requiring the wealthy to share their rewards with anybody, yet.

Of course if the stupid Democrats get their way, Mr. Chase will be mandated to share his 50,000 square foot house with low-lifes, bums and other social vermin.

It is the full intention of morons like Shrillary Rotten Clinton and Barack Osama-bama to take everything in the possession of the wealthy and just start handing it over to lazy, worthless, unproductive, leeches in America.

And college professors backing this stupidity every step of the way. University of Connecticut sociology professor Susan Eisenhandler told the Associated Press, "Do you actually need to have that amount of space to live a good life? There are homeless people. There are impoverished people. There are serious social concerns, and we're not addressing that."

Hold on while someone shuts off the "stupid moron" alarm. CLICK!

It is people like Professor Eisenhandler who are the ruination of America. The bleeding heart liberal bullshit is getting so deep that it's getting harder and harder to accomplish anything in America anymore. Poverty is a choice, professor and it's time you learn that. No doubt you, professor, are living in a two-story Colonial-style house somewhere near Storrs and you drive a Lexus SUV with leather interior to work wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Coach handbag. Your husband probably has a BMW 5-series sedan also with leather interior that he drives to his job in Hartford. Yet I don't see you opening your home to the homeless and impoverished people of Connecticut. As Sean Hannity would say, "Professor, you're a hypocrite!" And as I would say, "Shut your damn mouth!"

The foundation of America is that anybody who can come up with the idea to make life better should be entitled to profit from his or her idea. What Professor Eisenhandler and her stupid liberal cohorts propose is socialism and communism.

Consider these questions: In what nation was the airplane invented? In what nation was the automobile perfected? In what nation was the vaccine for polio discovered? In what nation was penicillin discovered? In what nation was the light bulb invented? In what nation was the telephone invented? In what nation was the Internet established?

The answer to all of those questions is The United States of America. Not Russia, not China, not Japan, not India, not any nation in Europe. The United States of America. Has it ever occurred to anyone that the industrial revolution only happened in the last 230 years because of the innovation that was allowed to reign freely in the United States? Without that kind of freedom, we would still be riding horses, writing with quill pens and inkwells, burning candles for light, chopping wood with an axe and all dying by the age of 40 from diseases that have no cure.

It is because of the free-enterprise system of America that the entire world is a better place. Stupid liberals don't want to believe that because they are invested in the total and unilateral defeat of America on all fronts: military, social and economic. They will not rest until the United States is the same desolate, hopeless, rundown, bankrupt nation that was once the Soviet Union and East Germany. When that happens then everyone will be homeless and impoverished. That must be what stupid liberal Democrats really want.

D. E. Carson is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

29 comments on Why Liberals are Stupid

By Aaron S. on November 22, 2007 at 01:16 am
"That must be what stupid liberal Democrats really want." Are you on drugs? Because no one with a shred of a cerebrum would actually buy anything you believe. Liberals want the United States to become desolate, hopeless, and rundown? I'm not gonna bash. If you're going for comedy, then make it even more over the top. If not, then you need to see a psychiatrist. And think. A lot.

By D. E. Carson on November 22, 2007 at 01:33 am
You know, I just went back and re-read this article and you know what, I can't find a single thing wrong with what I wrote, nor can I find a single thing that cannot be backed up with facts. Shrillary Clinton's health care mandated? Puh-lease! That's just one of the many plans liberals want to implement to bankrupt America. Liberals want to raise taxes because they believe, albeit erroneously, that higher taxes mean greater revenue to the federal government. The reality is that when taxes go up, it's the lower and middle classes that take it in the shorts! The rich pay accountants and attornies to help them keep their money out of the IRS's hands. The lower and middle classes have no such luxury and end up suffering. This is what happened in 1977 after Jimmy Carter took office. Taxes went up and the rich went into hiding. When Reagan came along and cut taxes, the rich started spending money on investments that created jobs. Never in my life (or yours) have I (or you) ever received a good paying job from a poor person. Bush cut taxes on the poor and middle class in 2002 and NOTHING HAPPENED! When he cut taxes on the rich in 2003, the economy began moving. Revenues to the federal and state governments went up, unemployment began gradually moving down and people began spending money again. You are aware that the top 10% of Americans pay just over 50% of the taxes collected by the IRS? Oh, you're not? Guess I have been reading (and thinking) more than you have. And no, I'm not on drugs, thankfully. I like my head to be clear when I'm telling the truth, unlike tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, bong-smoking, San Francisco hippies freaks.

By V on December 02, 2007 at 02:28 pm
I've always thought the best course of action with you was simply not reading your artlicles. I broke that rule and read this one - the first in a long time. "Poverty is a choice." Your ignorance may not be your fault. Maybe you've never left America and seen any of this world. You go tell that 11 year old kid that, "Poverty is a choice." That kid that sleeps by the side of the road in malaria infested jungles of Vietnam where he has slept every night since his Father's legs were blown off by a landmine. That kid that works his ass off every day of his life, educating himself on the local ruins in Siem Reap so that he might offer his guide services to tourists and thus earn a few coins to feed himself some of the days. You go tell him that, "Poverty is a choice." You go tell that acute Schizophrenic sleeping in an alley, with no medical care,in one of the wealthiest countries in the world, who has no family to lean on and a system that doesn't give a shit because church relief and NGOs will take care of it that, "Poverty is a choice." You go tell that 10 year old girl who raises her 3 year old and 1 year old siblings in a mud hut in Africa because their parents died of AIDS that, "Poverty is a choice. And you go tell that 12 year old girl whose parents sold her to a brothel in Bangkok that, "Poverty is a choice." I have some of these things first hand. And none of these people chose these things and will likely ALWAYS be poor. Your ignorance might not be your fault, but your wretchedness as a human being is. Compassion is one of the most blessed traits that we can possess as human beings. You should really work on developing yours. I shall never break my rule and read your pollution again.

By D. E. Carson on December 02, 2007 at 10:32 pm
V- I hope you read this, and I hope you "hear" me loud and clear: W-A-A-A-A-A-H! I have no compassion for the lazy, good-for-nothing slob who is able-bodied and refuses to work. I have no compassion for the parents of the 14-year-old girl who didn't care enough about her to make sure she knew better than to go out and get pregnant. I have no compassion for people who live off my tax dollars and don't contribute to society even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with them physically or mentally. I have no compassion for greedy millionaires that think they should be catered to at their every whim because they have money. I have no compassion for the stupid, punk kid that joins a gang and goes around spray painting their gang symbols on the low-income elementary school where I work. I have no compassion for those same punks that try to pollute innocent children using threats. What I have compassion for are those innocent children who attend that low-income elementary school who, but for a few of us who care about them would make the same wrong choices their parents made and still live in the same poverty in which their parents live. I have compassion for people who do not live in the United States of America because they don't have the choices we Americans have -- and that most people like you take for granted. I have seen those children of whom you speak. I have done what I can to help them. I also see people living in America who have every opportunity God can offer them and yet they choose to leech off of the federal government. Perhaps you should try reading MORE of my articles instead of living in your tunnel-vision world. You might get an education that would make you realize that we do live in the greatest country in the world and that with that comes great responsibility. And I don't think your calling me a "wretched" human being qualifies you for the "he who is without sin may cast the first stone" award either.

By fed up conservative on February 08, 2008 at 10:21 pm

Poverty in America for most people is a choice. There is nothing in the constitution that we should all have equal amounts of wealth. nothing about health care or a guarantee of prosperity. With all of the social programs out there, why would anyone choose to get an education or a job. Most poor people in america get free health care and food. We have the richest poor people in the world. the working people of america can not continue to support the worlds problems. we have families to raise. The private charities do a much better job providing for the poor. There is one thing the consitution does guarantee that liberals want to ignore and make excuses for. The right to live. There is no way around it. they want to separate church and state, but want murder legal? HUH? If abortion is a moral issue how come they used law to make it legal. abortion is not a right. life is.

By Geno on June 09, 2008 at 09:00 am

People w/o health care get treated at the hospital and pay nothing when they default.  I agree one hundred percent when fed up conservative said "Private charities do a much better job providing for the poor"; why should we pay the government money and rely on them to do the right thing with it.  We all see how social security works.  Even in the sh*tty economy people can do three times better with their money privately invested than handing over social security to the government.

I just cannot understand how people think that taxing the sh*t out of the working class is going to solve anything.  You think there are lots of for sale signs in your neiborhood now, you just wait till the Arab-American candidate gets elected; we're all going to be screwed...

By gemini9 on September 30, 2008 at 06:55 pm

thank god finnally someone speaks out the truth!!!most of these liberals dont even know what a liberal view is. if they did they would know liberalisim is not that far from communisim. the wealthy give up there hard earned money for some lazy bum thats fair? alot of people just say im black im a liberal im in college im a liberal or im a women im a liberal y dont people learn about there partys views before they choose. if democrats had there way we would still have slavery and we would be russisa a russia with slaves thats nice

By law-n-disorder on October 23, 2008 at 08:22 am

Liberals want you to be homeless and impoverished, not them. With liberals its always about someone else. It doesn't apply to them. If you are homeless they can feel good about themselves by throwing you a bone.

By LBoullion on March 03, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Poverty IS a choice in the United States.  I cant speak for other countries but last time I checked every one has the right to a FREE Public Education.    Get an Education, get a job, and get ahead.   Now if you want to choose to not do well in school, to make poor choices, to give up, then you can.     I have my master's in education.  I grew up poor.  I teach in a 95% SED (ie. Poor)  neighborhood.  Some people choose to be poor.  Now sometimes bad things happen to good people but people who choose to remain in poverty remain there and others get out.   Poverty is a choice and I choose not to be poor.

American's consider themselves poor when they dont own a 2,ooo sq ft house and drive a new car but the fact is if you have a closet, a car and cable tv, you are in the top 10% in the world for wealth!

By D. E. Carson on March 06, 2009 at 12:06 am

It's been several months since someone commented on this post.  I'm glad to know it still gets read once in a while.  I believe it to be one of my best works.  Thanks to all of you who agree with me for standing up and not worrying that some thumb-sucking, crybaby liberal will down vote your comments into hiding.  I haven't cared what whiny liberals think for a long time.

By cristogianni on June 01, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Why conservatives are stupid: They take Sean Hannity, Ann-orexic Coultergeist, and Bill "Have a loofah with that falafel" O'Reilly seriously. Oh yeah, and uh....they never knew that there were mountains in Connecticut.

By Opinionated919 on June 27, 2009 at 12:15 am

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

By D. E. Carson on June 27, 2009 at 03:46 pm

So very true.  But that's what stupid liberals want and now that they have their messiah in the White House, it's only a matter of time...

By D. E. Carson on June 27, 2009 at 03:54 pm

Oh and by the way cristogianni, not all of us conservatives blindly follow Hannity and Coulter.  Some of us actually use our brains to think instead of seat cushions like liberals do.

And get off O'Reilly's back.  He's the most fair person out there!  Better than Chris "I get a tingly feeling up and down my leg every time [Obama] speaks" Matthews and Keith "I look like one of those statues on Easter Island" Olbermann.  And don't get me started on how much the rest of the people at NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN are just dying to get in line to give Obama a blow job...  I mean seriously.  They've already spent the last 18 months kissing his ass and since he already has his pants down, why not let them give him a blow job.  You can bet your @$$ Michelle isn't doing it!

By Eric on July 09, 2009 at 07:17 am

DEC – You are absolutely correct in your description of the typical “Stupid Liberal” mindset. Liberals, now more so than ever, are systematically destroying this country from the top down.

After reading your article, I whole-heartedly agree with your assertions about how “Moronic” the typical dummy liberal view is, on the few topics that you mentioned: Taxes, Poverty, working hard and keeping what you’ve earned, etc… But, there are so many more issues out there to educate the dummy Liberal on how their own twisted logic trips them up after debate, which ultimately reveals their hypocrisy. The question is do they have the brain power to accept truth and logic to guide their way back to the real world.

Just a quick example of a dummy liberal would be my ex wife. Months before the election, I debated (over the phone) about her support for Obama. I tried laying it out about his connections with Ayers, ACORN, the fact that he may not even be a citizen of this country, taxes, etc…..she wouldn’t listen. She blindly supported this clown for President – as many millions of uneducated drones did in November. 3 months after Obama’s election, she called me up (to discuss the kids) and then proceeded to ask me how much cigarettes cost where I live? I said, why? She stated that they cost too much where she lives. I then took the opportunity to let her know that she needed to pat herself on her own back and thank the President that she helped put into office for that one. She didn’t have an answer for that.

Note: Shortly after taking office, Obama signed into law the biggest cigarette tax hike in history (.39 cents to $1.01 per pack).

Now I know that’s just one example, but as I said, there are many more examples that I can point out on how stupid liberals and other idiots that have a right to vote, are.

The bottom line is this – We know more about what’s good for the Liberals than they do themselves – and that is the sad truth. In the end game, we have to help them along in life in order for them to see the light that will eventually lead to a better life for them. Sorta like teaching your own children on right from wrong. Things you do, or don’t do. How to act…how to think…etc….

Keep up the good articles!

By Eric on July 10, 2009 at 01:15 pm
Julian Gallo -- Well, considering the apparent fact, based on your response to me, that (as I am just assuming) you are a Liberal, here is what the country potentially will look like in 25-30 years with all you Liberals unleashed: - Pushing and supporting you liberals stupid Darwinistic views that we are merely human beings created from a puddle of "Goo" millions of years ago lends credence to why children act the way they do today. Tell me, what significant benefit to society as a whole, does corrupting children with the Liberal thought processes pushed by our school systems, that they (the children) merely exist? No morals foundation to abide by, no one to answer to, no specific rules to guide themselves by, etc.... Can you tell me what benefit to society what the liberal thought process brings? - Liberal judges have released countless amounts of pedophiles, rapists, murders, and thieves with minimal (and downright absurd sentences) due to their own liberal thought processes that criminals act criminally due to the society that they were raised in, not by their own doing. Can you tell me what benefit there is to society by letting heinous criminals go with minimal sentences? - Liberal Utopias such as San Fran Sicko, Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Miami, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Baltimore (Murder capital of the world), D.C., and many more ( all of which are riddled with blacks, gays, murderers, pimps, hippies and drug addicts and are allowed free reign due to liberal laws of appeasement toward these groups of the most despicable vermin our society has to offer, and backed up by the liberal media, their elected liberal local, state and now, national govt), are not what you would call "Model" societies in which to thrive in and with all you idiotic liberals unleashed, in the next 25-30 years, you will have systematically dismantled the very core that has held this great nation together for the last 233 years. - It is without a doubt, that the onslaught of abortions not only supported, but encouraged by you liberals, matches that of the holocaust during WWII. What benefit to society is there in supporting abortion? Abortion is murder. Babies that are aborted have a brain, a heart, lungs, arms, legs, a head, and everything else that make up the human body - and so do criminals. But yet, while you support "slaughtering" babies as if they were nothing more than cock-roaches that you are stepping on, you liberals do not support the death penalty for society's most despicable. Why is that? When was the last time a baby committed a crime? When was the last time a baby committed a terrorist act? You'll support killing babies without regard, but go out of your way to protect a criminal. What benefit to society is there in that? - You dummy liberals will go out of your way to support illegals in this country in the name of "humanitarian efforts", but yet, you dummy liberals will not insert yourselves, or members of your own family, into the very same third-world society that they have turned parts of our country into, that you support. Why is that? Is your logic that of, "It's ok to support illegals, so long as I don't have to deal with it or live in it?" Isn't that the way your twisted logic goes? How many Liberals on the national scene that have gained prominence and are allowed to spew their views to the idiots of this nation via the national media, support illegal immigration but do not live in the very same third-world shit-holes you liberals allow and that these illegals create due to their arrogance of not conforming to our national tradition, all the while taking a massive dump on our American Flag? Tell me Julian Gallo, Los Angeles is a bastion of illegals, blacks, drug addicts, pimps, prostitutes, murderers, gang bangers and dregs of society! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT AMERICA TO BECOME? Please do not say you don’t, because it is the very dummy liberal logic that you support, that allows all this to happen!!!!! I could go on and on, but I think you can see how concerned we Conservatives are. There is NO LIBERAL UTOPIA, you fucking freak!!! There is only "WHAT IS", AND "WHAT SHALL BE!" YOU LIBERALS ARE DESTROYING MY COUNTRY!!!!!!

By Eric on July 10, 2009 at 01:18 pm

Let me try this again. Will make it easier to read:

YOU LIBERALS ARE DESTROYING MY COUNTRY!!!!!!

By manny osborne on July 10, 2009 at 02:14 pm

well Eric get in your knees and pray,  and while your are in your knees you know what to do.

By Eric on July 10, 2009 at 02:34 pm

Yeah Manny, I will get on my knees and pray. And, do you want to know what I'm going to do while I'm on my knees? Pray.....

I would hope that you do the same. Why? Because if you indeed live in this country and are of any kind of "sanity" whatsoever, you would do the same.

Now, I'm not pushing my religious beliefs onto you, or anything else like that. When I write what I write, I merely point out specific events, and ask specific questions that most liberals are unable to answer. Moreover, they (the liberals) downright avoid answering them because they are common sense questions.

In my recent (going back over the last couple of decades) studies, I find that liberals often avoid common sense. Liberals (such as yourself) often evade them for the purpose of making themselves feel intelligent.

Do you want to feel intelligent Manny? How about answering the questions that I laid out in my last post. Can you do that for me?

By D. E. Carson on July 19, 2009 at 02:28 pm

Wow.  I'm gone for a month and this article still lives on.  I have a few things to say so here goes:

Eric: Please don't call Julian an "F-g Freak".  He and I actually get along quite nicely and I like to think of him as a friend.  We may not agree on everything, but he's one of the few with whom I can have an intelligent conversation here.

Garry:  You crack me up.  It took me ten minutes to read your comment from July 11 where you initally misquoted me.  You don't get it.  Poverty is a choice.  You believe that the government is wholly corrupt.  I happen to believe it suffers from corruption.  Two entirely different viewpoints.  Your view insists that the system itself is fundamentally flawed -- somehow designed to lavish benefits on the "haves" at the expense of the "have-nots".  I, on the other hand, happen to believe that the system is just fine but that it's Marxist/Socialist/Communist Liberals who have hijacked the system in an effort to steal the profits of those who have worked hard for what they have.  The ultra-left, Liberal wackos like yourself and Morgana (don't go anywhere dear Morgana, you're next) think that life is supposed to be fair.  If life were fair, I wouldn't be working a day job at an elementary school where I get a first-hand look at how the education system in this country is a complete and abject failure.  If life were truly fair, I would be a billionaire right now.  Hell, we all would be.  But life isn't fair and that's what makes life so great.  I have the ability to make up my mind (or not) to get up every morning and do something that will make my life better.  For now I live in a country where any person who desires so can apply himself get an education and get out of whatever circumstances he finds himself.  You need to read the book, "The Pursuit of Happyness".  It's the story of a man who made up his mind that he was going to make his life better -- then did it.  There was a movie made based on the book, but you need to read the book and turn off the TV -- CBS, NBC, ABC and CNN will rot your brain.  So yes, poverty is a choice.  You, sir are the one displaying "new heights of ignorance".

Morgana:  You are such a delight to read and I know we don't agree on anything except that the earth is round, the sun is yellow and gravity exists.  But, you are mistaken in your response.  I've read Marx's Communist Manifesto.  Frankly, it seems Obama did too but it also seems that you have not.  Everything I read in Marx is exactly what Obama is trying to do.  Now granted it isn't in there as if it is a recipie book, but Obama is following the writings of Marx.  America is on the road to socialism and communism.  When the government takes over private companies that's communism.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the federal government still owns a considerable stake in Government Motors -- er I mean General Motors.  The Obama has already fired one CEO from that company even without the Constitutional authority to do so.  With that kind of precedent, what's to keep it from happening again?  How fair is a market where the government controls a company along side private companies?  Not at all.  The government will most assuredly do everything in its power to make GM profitable -- to the government.  Then along comes Barney Frank who'll take those profits and spend them before they can be used to pay back the people -- he's already proposed a bill to do just that with the profits being brought into the treasury from TARP.  I'm sorry, Morgana, but we will never agree politically.  But please, don't say that I use tickery, dishonesty and blindness and have lack of objectivity.  I read the same news feed you do and yet I manage to find the truth in what is being said.  I haven't watched Fox News in months -- long before I took my break from here.  The trickery, dishonesty and blindness come from CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN.  It was their trickery, dishonesty, blindness and lack of objectivity that got Obama elected president.  Remember it was Chris Matthews of CNBC who said, "I get a tingly feeling down my leg every time [Obama] speaks."  The only feeling I get down MY leg when Obama speaks is the warm wet one from him scaring the piss out of me.

Finally, I know that the raging Bush-hating, Obama loving liberals out there will never wake up and smell the coffee.  They're just waiting in line for their chance to give Obama a blow job.  I'll stay here and keep an eye on what his hands are doing while the rest of America is on its knees orally stimulating his manhood...  And don't worry, I'll let you know when he pulls out the knife to slit your throat.

By skafiaman on December 02, 2009 at 09:34 pm

I don’t usually comment on things I read on the internet. I find it to usually be an exercise in futility. However in this case I found some of your statements to be so baffling that I just had to respond to them. I mean no offence I simply fail to understand how you’ve come to some of your conclusions. I have nothing against republicans or libertarians and indeed when I was young I even considered myself a republican. Although this was largely due to the fact that my parents were republicans, I also honestly thought that we lived in a country where hard work and intelligence was rewarded with wealth and success. Even now I hold a deep respect for the free market/supply side approach. However it wasn’t until I actually joined the workforce that I began to shift my opinions on the matter.

While I was going to school I worked for several sales contracting firms including a job selling AT&T coverage to small businesses. During my time with these companies I was soon appalled by the fact that many trainers and more experienced employees not only condoned, but encouraged the intentional deception of their customers on a regular basis. In the case of the AT&T sales firm, deception would range from adding a few features here and there to sneaking extra, unnecessary lines on to peoples contracts. The assumption was that the language in the contracts was so complicated that most customers would have no idea if you were ripping them off for another $150 a month.

I soon noticed a pattern. It seemed like the most successful and well paid salesman were almost entirely made up of these cheats and liars. Those who regularly exploited the ignorance of their customers were rewarded with promotions, raises, and for some, opportunities to open up offices of their own. Those who tried to deal with their customers honestly often found themselves struggling to keep up. That’s not to say everybody got away with this. Management generally looked the other way as long as their salespersons weren't caught. If a customer did catch you ripping them off you might find yourself in a great deal of trouble but it often seemed like management had more of an issue with an employee getting caught than the actual fraud that was taking place.

Thankfully I didn’t exactly need the job and quit after a few weeks. But these experiences really affected me and forced me to rethink the way I looked at the American business world. Id Like to be clear that I’m fully aware that this was only an isolated incident and I'm sure there are plenty of successful people out there who deserve every penny they make. I guess what I’m trying to point out is that those who achieve wealth and success aren’t always hard working, upstanding individuals. By that same token, those who live in squalor aren’t merely lazy degenerates. Most of the small businesses my former company catered to were hard-working mid to lower class Americans who rarely stayed afloat more than a year before going under. It’s totally true that we live in a country where, with a little hard work and determination, one can pull themselves up from even the deepest dredges of poverty. Unfortunately, hard work and determination are often not enough. With companies like my former employer trying to rip the little guy off at every turn, it can be a road fraught with hardships and disappointment. Many laws that fiscal conservatives fear will give the government too much control are simply those aimed at ensuring that this kind of debauchery doesn’t go unchecked. While I can’t say I agree with everything the democrats are about, I have to say that anything that helps to level the playing field for small businesses in this country is OK in my book.

I think its time we all learned to respect each other for our mutual intelligence rather than decry each others ignorance. These issues are far too complicated for any one person to fully grasp. I only ask that you be a little less insulting when you speak of those that you disagree with. Those who actually intend to harm this country are a minority. Both liberals and conservatives honestly want to make a positive difference in this country. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a consensus on what exactly constitutes a positive difference. Until there is, I propose that we all try and recognize that anybody who attempts to address these issues is most likely a sufficiently intelligent human being. Just because somebody is wrong doesn’t mean they’re stupid. Just because you’re smart doesn’t mean your right.

P.S. Penicillin was actually discovered in Scotland

By eriklull on December 16, 2009 at 01:02 am

P.P.S...penicillin was actually discovered in England, London to be exact at St. Mary's Hospital by Sir Alexander Fleming.

All the liberals here spit out the same garbage...that success is evil. Whether or not they use those exact words doesn't matter. The Liberal (note the capital 'L') government we have in power (and have had in power since Regan left, Bush 1 & 2 were both left center, even though 'Republicans' by name) have instituted program after program and entitlement after entitlement designed for one thing. Make the American people dependent upon government. When people are dependent on something, that something has power over the people. In this case it is our federal government.

On the flip side, when people are self-sufficient, they are not dependent upon government, hence, government does not have the power over those people.

Small business created 80% of new jobs over the last decade, the Obama administration's tax plan would kill many small business, or prevent them from starting up.

This is not how this country became the most prosperous and powerful country in the world. This country was built on hard work ethic and FREEDOM. Freedom is something that no one has mentioned here yet. The freedom to decide. RIGHTS. The right to life, liberty and property. If poverty truly is a choice, and a person chooses to be impoverished, than LET THEM. Welfare was designed to be a crutch, not a lifeline. I will help support someone for a short time until they get back on their feet, but not for months or years.

I am sure I will get negative votes for this because I disagree with the apparent liberal majority here. That is fine, it is your RIGHT to do that. Good bye.

By D. E. Carson on December 21, 2009 at 03:07 pm

I love it. This article remains one of my most read and referred. I stand corrected on my assertion that penicillin was discovered in America. I did not mean to make that assertion in quite that way, but I did.

By sweety79 on January 14, 2010 at 04:29 pm

Just out of curiosity..... has anyone read the "the ten cannots" by abraham lincoln. These rules are what lincoln laid out for the economy to prosper.

1. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
  2. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong
  3. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
  4. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
  5. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
  6. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
  7. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
  8. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
  9. You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
  10. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do for themselves.

Hmmmm.....crazy. Isnt this EXACTLY what obama and congress are doing? And they wonder why unemployment is at 10% and RISING!!!!!

By Deborah Horton on December 21, 2010 at 06:50 am

Happy to see that there are two sides posted here at Broo - Hurricane Dean's side of things and your side of things as well. I was beginning to think Broo was one sided :) I know it's not really a comment on the article itself, but discussing politics online is one of my things not to do - in person bring it on - online provides too much opportunity for shots lobbed from behind anonymous computer screens :) Excellent write though!

By KathleenJWells on August 15, 2012 at 08:45 am

Although it's true, the rich shouldn't be punished for being rich, and they should have their money taken away from them to fund people who are not a productive figure in their community. I personally thinkg they should get those people who Obama wants to pay, jobs to earn the money that is given to them rather than letting them sit at home and collect money. This country and it's ancestors know the word sacrifice, and this will have to be one of them, because where else are we going to get the money? If we literally make more money, it will decrease in value and we will turn into another case like China. I'm not a Liberal, I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Democrat, but I am a person who is trying hard to make myself into someone who is productive in my community. I volunteer to to rebuild people's homes, I donate what little money I have, to the people who literally can't work and are being denied social security for their 'real' injuries. IT's not the rich who should be punished, it's the system that has been warped, and it should be forged back into what our four father meant it to be. When I read this, I look at you as one of those people who are part of that corrupted part of society. For someone so smart, it's a shame all that time you spent in college went to waste.

By KathleenJWells on August 15, 2012 at 08:45 am

shouldn't* Lol

By KathleenJWells on August 15, 2012 at 08:47 am

I'm going back to sleep.. It's too fucking early, I've been working for 6 days straight.. People on facebook linking your article, getting me all riled up and angry.

By TonyBerkman on August 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm