To make the work easy, quicker and safer at the work sites, scissor lifts and hook loaders are extensively used. With new technology developing fast, the manual systems of carrying loads have become passé. Instead better techniques like hydraulic mechanisms are being used and both these equipments work on the hydraulic mechanism.
Hook loaders are mainly used on large trucks and are mainly used to carry and transport heavy duty materials which have to be dumped at a certain place. These are mainly used at construction sites where stone and other construction materials are dumped at a place. These are also used by garbage carrying and waste management companies that need to dump the garbage into incinerators.
These loaders tilt at the press of a button and slowly rise so that the material slides down the loader and is dumped at a location. These work on the hydraulic mechanism and the pressure at which it works it preset at the factory where they are manufactured. They are extremely flexible and hence their use is extremely beneficial.
Given below are the benefits of using hook loaders:
- Easy loading and unloading of the materials as this can be done at the ground level.
- One can position the container as per the requirement.
- Extremely safe as they work on hydraulic mechanism and thus there is no potential chances of strings or cables breaking or snapping off.
- The working mechanism allows the container to lift and drop at a fast speed and the speed can be controlled manually.
- Easy to use at places where there is less space.
- The whole loader can be controlled using the controls inside the cab and the operator does not need to step out of the cab to monitor the working.
Scissor lifts are also known as table lifts and are used to carry and lift heavy load. The scissor lift works on the hydraulic mechanism and the lift moves upwards at the touch of a button. One can control the height to which the lift can be raised. These are mainly used by people who might have to reach high places like changing the bulb in the street light, reaching the high area of a building for cleaning the windows etc.
There are a lot of advantages of using scissor lifts:
- Using these enables people to reach high areas which might not be easy to reach.
- They are extremely easy to operate and move which makes it easier for the operator to handle it easily.
- The use of such lifts ensures that the person does not need to strain his muscles by bending and stretching which could otherwise cause injuries.
- In case the lift is used to carry loads, the weight of the load is uniformly distributed.
With the large number of advantages that they have to offer, scissor lifts and hook loaders are extensively used for engineering, building and civil purposes.