IES (Indian Engineering Services) is a reputed services of India, for which candidates are selected through a test, conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).UPSC, in their latest news, has notified that forms for IES 2015 exam will be available on their official website. Through IES exam, graduate engineers can enter into various public sectors companies owned by Government of India like- Telecommunication, Power, Railroad etc. The most fascinating thing about IES exam is that the final appointment will be made by the President of India. This article will give you the complete details of UPSC IES 2015 exam like-Eligibility criteria, important things about application form etc.
Eligibility Criteria : UPSC has divided, the eligibility criteria under three sections that are nationality, age limit and educational qualification.
Nationality: A candidate should be a citizen of India, subject to native Bhutan or Nepal. The Tibetan candidates who moved to India before January 1st 1962, or a Indian origin person,migrated from countries like- Burma, Pakistan, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Sri Lanka, Zambia, United Republic of Tanzania, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Zaire, Vietnam Settled in India, such candidates needs submit the eligibility, certificate issued by Government of India.
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 30 Years
- SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
- OBC Candidates: 3Years
Jammu & Kashmir Permanent Residents From1st January 1980-31st December 1989: 5 years
*Note: For age relaxation of category, candidates need to submit their proper certificates.
Educational qualification: Only engineering graduates who have scored minimum 60% marks in Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Tele-Communication, Mechanical disciplines are eligible to apply for the exam.
1. To apply for IES exam, candidate needs to submit their form online only from.
2. Carefully fill all the details required for IES application form, incomplete form will be rejected by UPSC without any notification.
3. Fill only single form, if in case candidate fills multiple forms, candidature of purticular candidate can be canceled.
4. Keep the print out copy of your application form,as a proof of application.
- General Candidates: Rs200
- SC/ST/PW/Female Candidates: Nil
Payment Modes For IES 2015 : Making the payment for UPSC IES 2015 is mandatory as forms submitted without application fee will be rejected by UPSC. Candidates can make payment for their application forms either through online mode or through offline mode.
Online Mode: Candidates who wants to make the payment online, can make it through online gateways like-Credit card/ Debit card or Net-Banking.
Offline Mode: Candidates who wants to make payment offline for IES, have to make payment at any near by SBI bank.
Note: Keep the receipt of payment safe for future references.
IES Selection Process
Selection process of IES is very tough, millions of candidates appear for this exam every year, and out of these million students only few deserving candidates get selected for the prime jobs in, public sectors of Government of India.
Steps For Selection Process
- First step: Written Test
- Second Step: Personnel Interview/Personality Assessment, (those who clears Written Test)
IES Examination Pattern
1. IES written exam consists of objective/descriptive papers.
2. Apart from engineering subject,General Ability is also included by UPSC.
3. Technical Papers of IES 2015 Exam is, divided into 4 sections(Paper II.III,IV&V)
4. Negative marking ,will be done for each incorrect answer, marked by candidate in objective type paper.
5. IES 2015 Examination is,scheduled for 3 days.
- Starting Date Of Registration: 14th March 2015
- Last Date Of Registration for IES 2015 : 0th April 2015
- IES 2015 Exam Date : 2th June 2015(3 Days Consecutively)