Monday, November 20, 2017

A Simple Solution To Writer's Block

The mental block, that dreaded shut down in creativeness and imagination. There you are sitting for hours pounding away at that keyboard with nothing to say. Frustration creeps in, then you give up.

Writers block an interesting subject;

Taking a critical view of the reasons a writer would suddenly stumble, unable to find a subject and the right sentence structure to capture forever and immortalize the most effective words on paper.

It would seem that for no apparent reason this dreaded shut down in creativeness and imagination just all of a sudden, when you least expect it, falls on you like a heavy rain cloud hovering over head, when all at once it releases the biggest pellet drops of rain to spoil your enjoyable picnic.

All writers know the frustrating moments when the lifeline of their imagination is quietly hauled back in, and you look around to find yourself lost at writer's sea, abandon, left to survive on your own mental recognizance. When you think about it, it is almost like having a mild case of dementia or discovering an unnoticed crack in the brain where all the artistic information simply leaked out. Have you noticed when these moments of shut down occur we become ever more closed minded like a dried up well the more frustrated we become.

SOME SOLUTIONS

Creativeness is the anchor for the sea of imagination, experience is the place to foster such creativeness.

Take some time off to allow your mind to rest, and to filter through what has already been produced so that you can see your subject from a different perspective. During this incubation period develop greater subject materials through new experiences and by gathering a fresh imaginative perspective simply by taking to many people. The ocean of knowledge that is available to writers, on the internet, reading books, and especially talking with people. We tend to overlook the hidden knowledge that people have and their own untapped creativeness, their many amphibious perspectives.

Frustration and depression only seems to further block your natural abilities and talents, so find a quite beautiful place, meditate, and watch your well of imagination come to life, like an overflowing melody of harmonic words to express even the most simplest things. The mind like a tool needs to be oiled, polished, pampered occasionally, so rest it, comfort it, titilate it, and stimulate it so that it blooms and blossoms with the sunshine. Writers must always remind themselves [Say to yourself] that I am the Mona Lisa that painted Michelangelo while sculpting Leonado da vince.

Credo is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

12 comments on A Simple Solution To Writer's Block

By Barbara MacDonald on August 12, 2013 at 04:24 pm

" [Say to yourself] that I am the Mona Lisa that painted Michelangelo while sculpting Leonado da vince." ...what a beautiful idea. Yes, I think we have all been there at times...and then like a blessing from above, we find inspiration in the smallest unexpected way or time. Music often will do this for me...or looking at artwork or a striking picture. Very well written Credo, great suggestions.

By Credo on August 12, 2013 at 08:05 pm

You could not have given me a greater gift than your comment.

Credo

By Shane Joseph on August 23, 2013 at 07:15 pm

stilling the mind from the chatter helps kick start the imagination. also not feeling the need to always say something or take a position or mount a soapbox, helps free the spirit to roam the fields of imagination. when there is something sufficient and meaningful to say, you soul will urge you to it. until then it is better to remain silent. a topical item for our times when there are more writers than readers

By Shane Joseph on August 23, 2013 at 07:15 pm

By Credo on August 24, 2013 at 03:57 pm

Typical, that usually happens to me too, print once and it shows up twice. Anyway! I understand your point of veiw and it could be easier I supose if we quieted down our own sensibilities, or positions. For me sometimes I just got to let the chips fly, but that's just me.

I have also recognized the ability to sometimes rest the mind from all the hoopla in order to see the light of creativity.

Credo

By JennyT on September 01, 2013 at 04:37 am

Very well written Credo, I very rarely write S.O.C and when I do I am astounded (though I think it dribble) at what reactions I get. I punish myself when I have writer's block (not physically) but I sit here staring at my keyboard saying you know you have to write - you must write. Sometimes something will happen, usually my muse will give me a back hander, other times I just quietly have to back away for another time, another day. So right that we need to let our creative juices just flow and if that means meditating, getting out into the world, watching people, nature or simply taking in our everyday surrounds- usually a story or poetry can be found. Thank you.

By Credo on September 01, 2013 at 05:28 am

JennyTEveryone experiences writer's block at some point in their lives. I guess it's like the mind telling you to take a brake so that it can rejuvenate its creative functionality. We may not realize how hard we work our minds, so it signals us for a break...Thank you for your comment...Credo

By Credo on November 14, 2013 at 10:46 pm

By Shane Joseph on August 23, 2013 at 07:15 pm

By S. Vaughan on December 27, 2013 at 09:32 pm

Thanks for the very helpful sharing of how you deal with writer's block. I like the idea of just sitting with it, let it simmer.

By Credo on December 29, 2013 at 04:06 am

The pleasure is always mine, if I am blessed I may in the future, be able to offer some more useful information concerning my experiences.

You have my gratitude...

:)Credo

By Teresa88 on March 26, 2014 at 12:45 am

So nice is the idea with pozycjonowanie stron

By Mariola88 on May 26, 2014 at 06:54 am

I just admire that pozycjonowanie