C. S. Lewis is one of the most quoted authors on Twitter. Brilliant quotes from C.S. Lewis that remind us how crucial our mundane, day-to-day lives are
I had wanted to become something heroic like a missionary. I was disappointed when i ended up married. 35 years and 9 kids later, I am thrilled that I listened to my inner self, of course. I learned mysteries that can only be learned with your hands in a toilet bowl, rinsing out diapers for 18 years.
1. The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one’s life.
It is frustrating when i was in the middle of a project, only to be interrupted yet again by a baby or child. This quote works like magic because this phrase soon has me chuckling over my self-importance.
3.Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different.
Once I say yes to change, self-growth takes on a life of its own. I don not have to over analyze or control this maturing process because it is an organic development into wisdom and learning to love.
5. Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.
Being in love” first moved them to promise fidelity: this quieter love enables them to keep the promise..To love at all is to be vulnerable.It is not out of compliment that lovers keep on telling one another how beautiful they are; the delight is incomplete till it is expressed.Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
6. Everyone says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive
It is dangerously easy to pontificate and write about the moral life but actually living it out in day-to-day tedium is another matter all together, In fact I would say it is impossible. When our pride and egos deflate, we understand that we really do need a saviour and playing at being a righteous god is exhausting.
8. The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
9. To love at all is to be vulnerable
10. If a man thinks he is not conceited, he is very conceited indeed.