Sunday, November 19, 2017

Hawaiian DeepSea Drinking Water

by Angie Alaniz (editor), San Antonio, Texas, July 19, 2013

Credit: Google
Sea Water

Japanese drinking water is big business. The deeper the sea water is retrieved from, the more you pay.

I’m sure most of you have noticed that in the last decade, water consumption has tripled with prices about a hundred times more tap water. Some of us buy it just because we like it, others because they think it taste better then you have those who believe it’s just healthier. But is it worth $33.50 per bottle?

I’m not referring to a 10 or 16 oz. bottle either.

The Japanese drinking water “Hawaiian Deep Seawater”, has become so profitable that the Hawaiian government is now allowing bottlers to use a state-certified logo for their deep seawater for a supposed fee. Hawaii Deep Marine Inc.’s Kona Nigari water, for instance, sells for $33.50 per 2 oz. bottle.

In order to be considered deep seawater it must be obtained from the depths of the sea from 915 feet over 700 feet more than is necessary for the water to be considered deep seawater.

But who drinks a 2 oz. bottle when being thirsty? I’m guessing if you want to drink the good stuff you’d at least want a gallons worth.

NO WAIT…………that’s over $2000.00 per gallon.

Still for those with deep pockets, there is seawater that’s been bottled up that is said to come from 2000 - 3000 feet below the surface. Which raises the price, as water from those depths is very old, very cold and said to be free of the impurities’ and pollutants that can defect surface water.

Deep Seawater is more then likely free of toxics. Being naturally rich in essential nutrients and minerals.

Well that’s how the Japanese are marketing it and their business is booming.

Which makes me stop and think, where could we get something so insanely simple from a unusual place and label it as the newest and healthiest consumption you must have!

Any ideas? Please share them with me!

Angie Alaniz is an editor for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

23 comments on Hawaiian DeepSea Drinking Water

By Randy Mitchell on July 19, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I can't imagine spending this on water, of any kind. But, if the marketing is clever enough people will buy just about anything especially when it comes to health.

By Coach Phatty on July 19, 2013 at 07:04 pm

I thought that this was a fascinating article...unfortunately, I really don't have idea what / where we could find something like this.

By riginal on July 20, 2013 at 08:50 pm

It has been proven many times that so called mountain water etc is in fact no better for you than tap water according to chemists. Some companies being fined for misrepresentation. Plus i was told that plastic can leach? I'm just glad oil spillage disasters remain suface bound...or do they? Great article. Shows what people are willing to pay for a placebo effect.Still, the future's not ours to sea...what ever will be will be.Do microbes and water nasties desist at deeper depths? Jim Beam is far healthier and cheaper. And the depth of your pocket is the only limitation...so i've heard!

By TonyBerkman on July 20, 2013 at 11:39 pm

You'll need Jim Beam after drinking this water to clean out your system.

By Angie Alaniz on July 21, 2013 at 02:10 pm

@y Randy Mitchel isn't that the truth!

By Angie Alaniz on July 21, 2013 at 02:17 pm

@ Coach Phatty thank you Coach, I am glad you like it. :)

@ riginal Thanks, and you just might be right. Good ole Jim Beam just might be far healthier and cheaper for sure.

By Angie Alaniz on July 21, 2013 at 02:18 pm

@ TonyBerkman You're proabably right. haha

By Rum-Punch Drunk on July 22, 2013 at 08:25 am

How do people come up with this stuff Angie? And I wonder what the side effects in several years will be. Some people might look really different then but it may be too late.! Well since everyone's looking for the money, it's my turn. I've got a great idea to share with you.

My product is called 'The Mud of Queens and Kings' Is a mud based face pack straight from the depths of the River Thames - 5 feet down to be precise. It's for those who want to invest in beautiful skin that will last a lifetime. I get this mud fresh everyday, and some packets may have a foul odour but don't worry because that's what makes it so authentic and real. This mud was trodden on by Kings and Queens of the past, it's historic mud and the price will reflect this.

£50 for 5 ounces whilst stocks last. Thereafter it will cost £80 due to digging up the River Thames. Orders are flying out the window, so hurry now. Shipping fees apply but it's still a bargain. Oh, £10 of every order will be donated to Rum Punch causes :) Dig deep folks.

I'll do a deal for BC and BrooWaha members too.

By TonyBerkman on July 22, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Rum Punch you have the brand name to come up with something like this. I think the product will sell. Thames mud bath. Perfect! Has to be 5 feet down.

By Angie Alaniz on July 23, 2013 at 02:34 am

@ Rum-Punch Drunk what a great idea :D

Let me work on the marketing and I'll get back to you on that.

Lets call it Rum-Punch-Mud.

Hummm let me think on it.

By TonyBerkman on July 23, 2013 at 04:26 am

@angie alaniz you write so well, be great to see more articles on here of yours.

By darinlhammond on July 24, 2013 at 12:04 pm

@angiealaniz You are so awesome. I want to be like you when I grow up. Seriously, you have the eye of a journalist. Keep writing about strange stuff - love it!

By darinlhammond on July 24, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Anyone referring to booze instead of deep water here .... I'm with you. We should have a Broowaha/BC conference. What do you think?

By Angie Alaniz on July 24, 2013 at 04:05 pm

@TonyBerkman I'll see what I can do.

@DarinlHammond Thanks, like always you made me smile. AND yes we need to have a real Broo/BC conference one of these days!

By riginal on July 24, 2013 at 04:16 pm

right on...like a mate said to me, fish fornicate in water but i'm not sure how deep they go? Still waters run deep? Alcohol is alright as long as you don't go silly. If you're already silly then look at the money you'll save by not drinking! Look at all these 'moonshine' shows. You drink moonshine regularly and wrestle alligators and you'll live...for a while. Get the alligator drunk and you'll live even longer!

By Theresa H Hall on July 24, 2013 at 05:23 pm

Your subject of drinking deepsea water is interesting to learn about. Thanks Angie!

By Angie Alaniz on July 24, 2013 at 07:22 pm

Thanks Sweet T - Dont you think that @Rum-Punch Drunk idea is awesome. I'm still working on the marking side of things. The Mud of Queens and Kings will sell!

By riginal on July 25, 2013 at 12:03 am

deep sea water...wonderful. Then,what about high altititude pollution- free oxygen from the heavens above? Or is the final filter for the deep water the mask the Chinese and Japanese wear on badly polluted days? I suppose one could imbibe on a deep fridge coke as an anti-oxident? Then we could culture deep sea vegies that aren't grown in human excrement in some parts.Yep...the human body will embrace almost anything, i guess it's forced to?

By TonyBerkman on July 25, 2013 at 01:32 am

i think high altitude pollution free oxygen is going to be huge! lets start pumping it into rooms and charging for entrance.

By riginal on July 25, 2013 at 10:00 am

sounds like a breath of fresh air to me,incidently, watched a car on the invention channel prototype running on oxygen. Produced compressed oxygen and residue expelled was pure oxygen. The inventor will probably disappear down an oil well somewhere like where most inovators wind up. It only does 40klm an hour and runs for 2hrs. Maybe if you're into heavy breathing it could go longer? Also, don't want to get anyone depressed but the scientists said on the news tonight it would cost 15 trillion to counter the damage presently occuring in the Arctic. That's the world's total expenditure presently according to the reporter. Anyway first things first, high altitude air delivered to your door...the thought takes my breath away. I guess some negative people would say it sucks?

By TonyBerkman on July 25, 2013 at 01:49 pm

perhaps pumped into your homes

By riginal on July 25, 2013 at 05:28 pm

exactly! :>)

By Credo on October 27, 2013 at 09:22 pm

Paying for water it's getting to be disfunctional...

:)Credo