INGREDIENTS: (makes 30-36 cupcakes)
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (use super fine sugar, if you can find it!)
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter room temp.
- 3 eggs room temp.
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream (separated, 1/2 cup for the cakes, 1/2 cup to pour over the cakes after they have been baked)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, room temp.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temp.
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream-enough to get the frosting to the desired flavor and consistency.
For the Chocolate Ganache to drizzle over the top:
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips (or if using a bar, chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
Make the Ganache first
- In a saucepan bring the cream to simmer over med heat
- Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate until it is melted and incorporated
- Whisk in the Baileys Irish Cream
- Refrigerate until it has a good consistency to drizzle over the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the muffin tins with 36 cupcake liners (my batch only made 30)
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream together the sugar and butter for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs once at a time until incorporated and then mix in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the Bailey’s Irish Cream, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for 17-20 min. (mine were slightly over-baked at 17 min, so check often!)
- Cool in pan for a few minutes
- Using a toothpick poke holes in the tops of the cupcakes and using a pastry brush, brush the additional 1/2 cup of baileys over the cupcakes.
Baileys Buttercream Frosting:
Place butters, powdered sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Add Baileys Irish Cream a bit at a time until buttercream is desired flavor and consistency.
- Frost cooled cupcakes using a pastry bag, then drizzle with Bailey’s Ganache.