Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Do We Trust More in the Power of God or the Devil?

Credit: www.hieropraxis.com -
St. Michael the Archangel

What a conundrum in the Body of Christ. I cannot helping feeling sorry for God as I observe the discord between His children.

Many Chrisitians are so afraid of becoming New Age that they shut out all personal, spiritual experiences. Catholics mistrust revelations of other Christians and Protestants often think that Catholics are open to the occult by praying to Mary and the Saints. They even wonder if we are even saved! Let's not behave like arrogant, closed minded Pharisees but humbly trust in God to lead and teach us as, leaving condemnation to the Evil One.

Often Christians must simply acknowledge that we cannot intellectually grasp all heavenly mysteries. We choose to continue our walk in, with and through the Holy Spirit, trusting in God without fear of making a mistake. We cannot allow fear of the devil and deception to be stronger than our trust in God's Mercy and Grace. Fear freezes us, often preventing the inner spiritual journey that leads to fullness of life in Christ. Trust me, I know what fear can do to a person. Now I realize that God the Father will bring me into the light; He will lead me into all truth.

I once attended a retreat where a Madonna House priest, actually Archbishop Raya, the Archbishop of Lebanon, once said,

"Don't be afraid of making mistakes because Jesus will wash you clean and then tell you to go play again. He does not say, 'stand in the corner and don't you DARE get dirty again'. Just like a mother, who bathes a dirty child and then tells him to go outside and play again."

Trust more in God's power than the devil's. As Chrisitains, we are often leery of personal revelation. As we approach Pentecost, let's give the Holy Spirit permission to do His job . Don't lock God up in a box.

My husband and I raised 9 children on a hobby farm and discovered fulfilment and joy.The very existence of a joyful mother of nine children seems to confound people. My writing is humourous and heart warming/ thoughtful and thought provoking with a strong current of spirituality running through it.

8 comments on Do We Trust More in the Power of God or the Devil?

By Randy Mitchell on May 19, 2013 at 10:07 am

Well said. A belief in God will always destroy the devil.

By melanie jean juneau on May 19, 2013 at 02:30 pm

Yes; the insant we turn to the light, the heavy darkness/oppression disappers

By riginal on May 19, 2013 at 02:55 pm

Beg to differ. A belief in God doesn't always destroy the Devil. If a belief in God ALWAYS destroys the Devil then how come the Devil exists at all...? a belief in oneself that you're doing right by your fellow man may indeed (through God?) may hold the devil of sin at 'bay'...it will never destroy it. Don't believe me? Then why is the world supposedly going to end in fire and brimstone? Because we've destroyed the devil? Pick up a newspaper. The 'Devil?' just cost me my marriage of 44 years,my house,my mentally ill daughter just cost me $140,000. She admitted herself to a clinic and finally faced the realization that she has a 'personality disorder' after destroying our lives totally. She rang from prison 'shrink'centre. For the first time in 32 years she said, "i love you dad...i'm sorry..." When one parent can be manipulated and brainwashed whilst under the influence of a double dose of overprescribed 'anti-depressents' in an effort to cope all hell breaks loose. Got my marriage back,house is gone, i'll be fronting my wife's doctor on Monday and you'll be hearing me rage from America. I believe it was God out of my despair or maybe commonsense that won the day. You see the medication made or lured my missus into thinking she could monetarily 'fly.' Only the winds of reality brought her crashing to the ground with the above accruement of damage. Stand outside your business Randy...your house...everything you hold dear you've ever worked for and lose it. Then ask God to destroy the evil that caused it! My belief in God (whomever) and i'm not a bible basher, has helped me through all this carnage but it hasn't destroyed the Devil. God can't give me back my house, but he's/she's/its? has given me the guts to go on when everybody around me is saying,"count your losses and move on!" Walk a mile in the devil's shoes...turn around and look at the imprints of what unchecked mental instability can do. Then walk a mile in my shoes and you'll get my drift of what i now have to redress virtually on my own. That's why i write...it takes me beyond the world's angst and bullshit. If you'll pardon the French. May do a post but only people who have 'been there and done that/been through it' will understand. Talk's cheap. I'll get there but i wish/pray the Devil would pick on someone else for a while. cheers...i'm still laughing...Devil can't take that away! God's grinning.He's done his bit. At the moment i'm dirty...on overprescribing doctors. A highly intelligent mate told me to get a book called 'i hate you...please don't leave me.' Pertaining to my daughter. Unless you have had this problem in your family you haven't got a clue what i'm on about...and hopefully you never will. Keep your eye on your kids...give 'em a hug for me. DON'T ignore problems.

By melanie jean juneau on May 19, 2013 at 03:06 pm

I know exactly what you are talking about. Our lives have been battered but not anything like yours. You sound like Job justifiably upset, sitting oh a heap ashes. If you want feed back I can speak from my heart into your situation but if you simply need to yell that's okay as well.

This particular article refers to people who are so afraid of anything new that they condemn any spiritual experience as New Age or heresy.

By riginal on May 19, 2013 at 06:00 pm

funny that bit about yelling m09. Rang the real estate agent and yelled in his ear. They're liars and cheats and i know because i was for a time a car salesman. I was offered a job once by a top real estate guy. I have a wonderful wife but driven to distraction by little miss muffet. I certainly believe in God or something and he helped me out again. I can walk away but i'm not a quitter. I've thought of a way out and at least my daughter will get badly needed help. I say again and again. They do their best but our mental health systems are systemic of a greedy grasping society that rushes headlong in pursuit of whatever turns them on...and to hell with those left to fall through the cracks.I can cope with anything but my wife finds it hard to face facts. mo9 i was wondering if i could rent out your chicken coop but i refuse to crow early in the morning or lay eggs and i'm already sitting on the last straw? It will be okay. Randy told me he would employ me as a walking chicken billboard with the words "unclucker your life and to hell with the Devil" written on it.God's a bit busy at the moment...he'll get back to me. Cheers girl.I wouldn't stay in your chicken shed anyway...i mean if your husband locks you in there what hope have i got? Take care. Tony runs a coffee boy 'slave trade'...but i bean there done that. Bye now....

By melanie jean juneau on May 19, 2013 at 06:19 pm

My sense of humour has saved my sanity. One of my pharases : "Laughter transforms a tragedy into a comedy of errors."

On the very same day that we learned that our win against a scroundrel of a landlord (who was ordered to pay us $10,000 for labour and materials) somehow managed to not only have a higher court of appeal review our case but had it sent back down to a lower court to re-try. This time WE owed the landlord $10,000 to put in trust and if we could not come up with it, we lost the trial!!

We had eight kids, chickens, pigs, a horse, a TON of wood and 30 days to find somewhere to rent. 15 MINUTES later we learned that my husband's youngest brother, sufferring from mental illness, committed suicide. I fell apart and laughed, and laughed, sure it could not get worse.

By riginal on May 19, 2013 at 09:14 pm

m09 you crack me up What the hell is the world coming to.My mate is about to seperate . My other mate is nearly seperated.His wife's a drunk, front page news nearly ran over a kid on a trampoline. My sister lost her son in a car crash on drugs. This will make you laugh. My wife said my daughter is like she is because my mum was a nutter. My wife's brother, helped to put him in a mental facility to help the poor bugger out...they let him out. He went to the policeman who put him in and tried to stab him to death with a carving knife! He now resides in a maximum security prison. Another joke? I got my wife out of the shit with a debt $80,000, blew our retirement money. I sat down calmly with 2 Jim Beams and said,"what did you do with that money?" She said,"i spent it on bits and pieces...do you want me to leave?" I sorted it. Stuff me if my daughter threw a rage about 6 mnths later "do you know dad mum owes $60,000?" All borrowed for my daughter to 'fix' her problem.Ie: laptops,phones,pokies, plasma tv's...you name it! I told my wife to bring all her bills in. She comes in and plonks a 'paper piano accordian' of bills on the table and says," do you want me to leave? It's the pills...feel like i can do anything." Looked up internet. Pills apparently trigger wild spending sprees. I said to my wife "get me the pills!" She said "what for!" i said "i'm going to take half a dozen...strangle you both and tell the judge the pills made me do it!" Daughter behind it all. Only the tip of the iceberg. If i said to my wife i'm going out to buy the statue of liberty she'd say "okay, will you be back for dinner? Sounds like a good car!" She's so funny and a wonderful wife...i'm going to take over the wages etc...and i'm not that good with money! Better go i've got a strangling after lunch! I'm so happy i'm already crazy otherwise i'd go insane! The real estate agent was going through important sales matters...my missus interupts and says,"do you think we should put more bark on the garden?" I had to walk out. My daughter was running round trying to find a 'reverse mortgage' etc,she caused it all. My wife says,"we should send her on a bit of a holiday as she's a bit worn out running round." I will have to write a book. I love my life. No humdrum plain ordinary existence for me...stuff that! We're going to move into a smaller dwelling. It's got a cardboard roof and it says 'shoes' on the side! Seriously, have to go...m09 what is wrong with people these days? I might come to America where everyone is sane. And go 'turtle' huntin' punkin' huntin' rat shootin' duck huntin' pig huntin' and dance with some good ol boys dressed as sheilas...drinking moonshine! You wouldn't be dead for quids...or is that dollars? cheers.

By melanie jean juneau on May 19, 2013 at 09:20 pm

I am laughing it is so terrible- yup, black humour works for surgeons, fire fighters, the police and riginal and me