Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Will Tim Horton's get On Board? Do The Right Thing....

by Barbara MacDonald (writer), CANADA , March 31, 2013

Credit: unknown
The first Tim Horton's was in Hamilton, Ontario...Ottawa Street...I have been there many times.
watch the video

Appealing to Tim Horton's to have this program run in their stores. This is a great idea....

Having recently seen this posted on Facebook by a dear friend, my friend and I thought that we should make Tim Horton's aware of this with the intention that they may get on board and have this also running in their stores. Timmie's is Number One in Canada, and I am sure that this would help so many people ...let's just see what they will do. Also a petition may be started for this. We all can do our part to better this world, this is a perfect example of how...

Everyday people meet here to drink coffee and share...At one point, I use to meet there with some others for a Bible Study...I just know people would be willing to support this if we can get it started.

"Five coffees, please. Two of them for us and three suspended"

They pay for their order, take the two and leave. I ask my friend:

"What are those 'suspended' coffees ?"

'Wait for it and you will see"

Some more people enter. Two girls ask for one coffee each, pay and go. The next order was for seven coffees and it was made by three lawyers - three for them and four 'suspended'. While I still wonder what's the deal with those 'suspended' coffees I enjoy the sunny weather and the beautiful view towards the square in front of the café.

Suddenly a man dressed in shabby clothes who looks like a beggar comes in through the door and kindly asks

"Do you have a suspended coffee ?"

It's simple - people pay in advance for a coffee meant for someone who can not afford a warm beverage.

The tradition with the suspended coffees started in Naples, but it has spread all over the world and in some places you can order not only a suspended coffee, but also a sandwich or a whole meal." Photo: We enter a little coffeehouse with a friend of mine and give our order. While we're approaching our table two people come in and they go to the counter -

Barbara MacDonald is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

15 comments on Will Tim Horton's get On Board? Do The Right Thing....

By riginal on March 31, 2013 at 07:27 pm

just how good is that idea! Governments should pre-order their money ripoffs ie: pollies junket trips, meals...etc then spread the equivalent monetary waste in the same direction. I guess that's the realm of 'never never' land. Barb that's a realistic 'achievable.' awe inspiring idea. And here i was thinking you were just a pretty face with heart wrenching poetry that stirs 'feel good' emotions.

By Patricia Adams on March 31, 2013 at 11:51 pm

What a wonderful idea, Barbara! I love it!! And what a lovely Easter message. . .

By Barbara MacDonald on April 01, 2013 at 11:07 am

Thank you Riginal...Tim Hortons rules in Canada...it has the highest sales fro all fast foods...even beating McDonalds. Hamilton alone has 78 stores...basically every couple of blocks you will see a store. So my friend Pat and i were brainstorning what an incredible help this would be to the many less fortunate. Especially in the winter, when it is so very cold here in Canada...We have approached them through their Facebook page, and will see if there is any response. Also we are thinking of starting a petition to get their attention. I know they do give to the community and have a wonderful summer camp program to help children who are unable to afford to go. So lets pray that their hearts will be open to this wonderful idea...thank you again.. :-)

By Barbara MacDonald on April 01, 2013 at 11:09 am

Dear Patrica, how wonderful to have you visit...hope all is well with you....I knew you would appreciate and support this idea...thank you dear friend. hugs.

By melanie jean juneau on April 01, 2013 at 11:23 am

REALLY INSPITATIONAL AND CREATIVE-ANONYMOUS GIVING

By Barbara MacDonald on April 01, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I am really praying that this will happen, you as a Canadian know how many stores they have...if they even put this into practice in a percentage of their stores, it would have a huge impact in helping those in need. I like this idea so much as it actually gives them food and drinks, rather than simply money, which could be spent on something harmful to them instead. It makes total sense to me.

By melanie jean juneau on April 01, 2013 at 12:43 pm

spread the word anyway you can

By Shane Joseph on April 03, 2013 at 01:40 pm

Paying It Forward - a-la Tim Horton's style. What a novel idea!

By Barbara MacDonald on April 03, 2013 at 05:28 pm

Thanks Shane, I am really trying to get this going here in Hamilton....to me it seems like a great idea, that people would embrace...:-)

By Coach Phatty on April 03, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Great article! Wel done and well said!!

By Barbara MacDonald on April 04, 2013 at 11:27 am

Thank you very much Rich...now I need to go check out that article and video...happy to see you got it done...welcome to Broo, hope you are happy here ...:-)

By Uttam Gill on April 05, 2013 at 10:36 am

Wow....what a great idea to render help to those, who are less blessed to afford...In the kindness of the heart, I see a sheer brilliance of pragmatic excellence…Amazingly there are good people on this earth who always with their efforts brings smiles on down trodden…There is no copyright issues when it comes to help people…Anyone can take this idea and can extend the benevolence to those who are in dire need…Such gestures makes us feel that that there still exist goodness in this world…

Thanks Barb for sharing this wonderful information…Only you have that eye for details…and especially when it comes to help the poor’s it cannot escape your attention…That’s where you stand out as what you are…

By Barbara MacDonald on April 05, 2013 at 02:25 pm

Thank you Uttam, I am always looking for new ways to put worthwhile programs into existence...There are still a lot of good people in this world ...thankfully...:-)

By D. Sager on November 29, 2014 at 04:55 am

Great article Barbara...good to see your still at it. Peace!

By Barbara MacDonald on December 07, 2014 at 08:02 pm

Thank you Sager for the comment and review...appreciated. Nice to see you back writing. :)