Everyone wants to know more information about dieting as there is a tremendous amount of ignorance in the world as how to properly run a diet. To get good and not great results you do not need to actually know all that much. It is common sense that sugar is indeed not good for dieting, but many people simply rationalize the decisions they make so their world makes sense on their own terms. I was once one of these people who were totally addicted to sugar and therefore blinded to the rationalizations that I made. Conquering weight loss can very often lead to other great changes in our life as the sense of accomplishment propels us forward into other areas.
We do so because of the confidence that we attain from kicking an addiction like sugar proves to ourselves that we are indeed able to set out our goals and achieve them. Society is not set up in a fashion to make you lean and ripped. It is set up to make companies money from the sugar that they sell. When we grew up as children we saw TV commercials in between our cartoons selling all different kinds of candy, when we got an answer right in class we were awarded with a candy like a Jolly Rancher. We’re conditioned to think from the start that sugar is not a bad thing in our lives but more of a sweet joy. In a way we must un-train everything that we have heard and must go against what our senses are telling us to do.
We cannot help but being attracted to things in our lives, there is no way that these attractions will go away. If we did everything we felt and didn’t make decisions based on facts we know we may very well eat donuts or cake for dinner everyday. Our life would be muddled in many more ways than just our physical appearance if we did everything as we felt and just rationalized things however we liked. By changing our behaviors we change our future; Conversely by repeating the same behaviors that we already know to have not given us success will not help us achieve our results. We are not robots, we are human beings with emotions that we must overcome to get where we want to go. 80% of life is just showing up, the other 20% is not getting in our own way.