Thursday, October 19, 2017

Amy and Joey: A Romance Revisited

It’s like a bad rash that won’t go away. Most of us want to forget it ever happened, but the two main parties involved won’t let it fade away. No, I’m not talking about Brad and Jennifer, John and Jessica or even Ann and Ellen. I’m talking about Amy and Joey. And I don’t know why I’m even wasting my time.

Joey Buttafuoco and his Long Island Lolita, Amy Fisher, renewed their highly dysfunctional relationship last week with their first date in 15 years. The man and the girl who tried to kill his wife and is now all grown-up, had their big night out in Port Jefferson, Long Island.

A torrid affair between the auto mechanic and his underage lover dampened in 1992 when Fisher shot Buttafuoco's then-wife, Mary Jo, in the head, but recent circumstances evidently made Joey's heart grow fonder for Fisher.

"We started talking when Joey was in jail," Fisher said.

Buttafuoco, 53, recently ended a three-month stint in a California slammer for ammunition possession.

Joey's current spouse and Amy's husband both recently served them with divorce papers.

That set the stage for last night's "date" at swanky Pace's Steakhouse.

Fisher, now 32, was dressed to the nines in a shapely dark sleeveless halter dress and heels.

Buttafuoco appeared almost chivalrous as he offered Amy his arm and held an umbrella to protect her from the ominous storm clouds.

They dined on oysters on the half shell and surf and turf, according to inside sources. They shared chocolate mousse and creme brulée for dessert.

Cynics have said the get-together is about money rather than love. A TV producer is shopping a reality show about Amy and Joey.

I cannot believe that this is anything more than a media stunt. How can Joey Buttafuoco be so callous? This is the woman who attempted to kill his wife at the time. The only reason Mary Jo isn’t dead is because Amy was high on drugs and is obviously a lousy shot.

What must Joey’s children think? The guy is a philanderer, a cheat, a skirt chasing dirt bag and now he wants to re-visit an affair that almost ended up in his ex-wife’s death?

When I hear about stuff like this, it makes me realize that the only reason we’re above chimps on the evolutionary scale is because we were lucky enough to get opposable thumbs.

Joey and Amy are my Douche Bags of the Month for May and are definitely in the running for the annual award!

Ed Attanasio is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

33 comments on Amy and Joey: A Romance Revisited

By Ariel on May 24, 2007 at 11:18 am
Nice, BrooWaha SF has its own douchebag report now :-) There should be one in each edition!

By Steven Lane on May 24, 2007 at 01:03 pm
Humm, isn't that copyright infringement?

By Steven Lane on May 24, 2007 at 11:17 pm
Ed, just so you know it, my comment was a joke, but El G is known in L.A. for his Douche Bag chronicles.

By Cindy on May 29, 2007 at 03:50 pm
ala Burt & Linda, Joey & Amy ... How about that couple in Marin County, California with their 25-year also odd-ball on-again off-again on-again love-affair story? Recent court papers filed by both in Reno, Nevada and Marin County, California provide glimpses into another secret world of adultery, sex, bondage, domination, cross-dressing, double lives, and fetishes. Into this vacuum of secrecy, rumors have flown. Wonder what would happen if we asked him to conduct the College’s Symphonic Band in Barber’s School For Scandal? What he has signaled in his Marin court papers, however, are themes that are the same recurring obsessions with Burt and Linda Pugach, and Amy Fischer and Joey: divorce, gripping lust, adultery, escapism, drive for money and power, marriage, the sadness of separation, public masks, perfect volleys of he said/she said, obsessive love, the joy of repeated reconciliations, disturbing accusations, private games, false police reports, anger, bondage, forgery, narcissism, romance, affairs, compulsion, secrecy, train-wreck, co-dependency, crazy, strong attraction, long-lasting relationship, fraud, engrossing togetherness, anguish in misunderstandings, need for control, insecurity in each other's love, and living double lives. Who cares what the shrinks or others think or write?! Here again, romance prevails. I stand up and cheer for these who have loved in honesty for what they are and the person they love are and continue to love each other with all its craziness.

By Cindy on May 31, 2007 at 05:48 pm
So Ed, we can add you to the now living in SF Larry & Isla Wachowski (according to Rolling Stone’s article) group of couples, along with Burt & Linda, and Joey & Amy for Love At Any Cost? It’s no secret Larry’s a cross-dresser. Guess LA was just too tame for him. Enter another San Francisco Bay Area cross-dresser with a Significant Other Woman, or two and some secrets of his own. Just wants the women to fight for him and the best woman wins!? OR 'Imagine, for a moment, that you grew up having to hide a deep, dark secret. One so terrible that, if revealed, people will call you a 'pervert', a 'freak', or an 'abomination'. If you're lucky you'll only be called names; reveal your secret to the wrong people and you'll get harassed, beat up, perhaps even murdered. How would you feel if you couldn't even talk to anyone about it? Every representation society provides about what you feel inside is negative. If you suppress it until you are married, you can never tell your spouse for fear of divorce, losing your job, being legally denied visitation with your children. You're in for a lifetime of shame and guilt and denial. How would you deal with it?' You develop and live two lives. One life knows all about you and still loves you. Another life is your public mask who knows only the mask. Immediately marry your fiancée. We know we’re all addicted to That Feeling with That Special One, That Connection, no matter what the cost. That’s why following Burt & Linda, and Joey & Amy, and now this Marin couple is sooo cool. It’s all in the public records, Living Out Loud. For the Marin Crazy Love couple, the court’s public records in Marin and Reno. Will Love triumph?

By Annonymous on June 12, 2007 at 08:42 pm
James Olson huh? Wasn't Jimmy Olson Superman's sidekick?

By LoveChef on June 18, 2007 at 02:11 pm
One is a ho and the other is a slimey philanderer. They deserve each other!Great article!

By Cindy on June 18, 2007 at 04:18 pm
Superman would fit right in here in Marin with its plethora of double lives and penchent for its men and their costumes. Wonder what would happen if we asked the Band Director to conduct the College of Marin’s Symphonic Band in Barber’s School For Scandal?

By Annonymous on June 18, 2007 at 04:46 pm
I can’t forget the night I met you, That’s all I’m dreaming of. Now you call it madness, But I call it love. —Nat King Cole, “You Call It Madness (But I Call It Love)”

By Larry-Lauren on June 29, 2007 at 02:39 pm
Ed's question about why is he even wasting his time writing about Joey and Amy is a good one. Probably the same reason I even read his article when I really think I have zero interest in them. What I really have an interest in is the violent passions, taboes broken and sheer lust. I'm envious.

By Cindy on July 07, 2007 at 04:34 pm
My excuse for reading it is that I'm a pushover for a good Love Triumphs story.

By Charles, Jr on July 07, 2007 at 06:12 pm
My excuse for reading it is that Amy is on my future wife list. I didn't know until I read Ed's comment that Captain Kirk and Superman's buddy Jimmy Olsen have the same middle name. I wonder if Gene Rodenberry got it from Superman? Since Kirk's a type of superman.

By Bill on July 10, 2007 at 02:17 pm
I read somewhere else in this newspaper where someone asked what it would be like to go back and bang the girl who had shot your wife. Is there any physical difference in the chemistry of love and madness?

By Kent J. on July 27, 2007 at 12:48 pm
Joey was in love with in his wife. Joey was hot for Amy. Two totally different feelings. Hot has no physical difference in the chemistry of love and madness. I also have a sneaking envy for hot.

By Bill on August 21, 2007 at 03:16 pm
Superman's buddy Jimmy Olsen certainly had quite a few adventures over the years, (both with and without the big guy in the cape), and given his "master of disguise" talents, I suppose it was inevitable that he'd masqerade as a girl a time or two. On the other hand, he's done it more than a few times, he keeps a stash of women's clothes with a few different outfits, and he passes as a girl so well that he gets hit on by guys. DC Comics might disagree with me, but if the high heel fits... check it out. http://www.tgfa.org/comics/jimmy_olsen/jimmy_olsen.htm

By Brett M on August 22, 2007 at 04:05 pm
I didn't know Larry (Matrix) is a crossdresser. Explains a LOT about the movies though. Isn't Pres candidate Rudy also? My envy for hot is right out there. Love is ok. Hot is additive once you've had it. I've only had it with one lady. Since then I spend every moment wanting it again. I couldn't live with her, but couldn't live without her. Sex with her left its brand on me. It stripped away every mask of inhibition I had. I had to have her in every way in every location no matter what the cost. Every lady I've been with since I have to fantasize to get off that it's her. So you go Joey and Amy.

By Ron on August 24, 2007 at 02:03 pm
I also had hot with a lady that just consumed me. I have spent every moment since trying to get it back.

By Jaime on August 24, 2007 at 03:39 pm
I married the lady I am in love with. I still miss and want the lady I am hot for. I don't want a divorce from my wife. I do want every moment the lady I am hot for. If she would have me again I would divorce my wife, taking the hot over the love. Hot is what Joey and Amy have.

By Joan W on September 14, 2007 at 12:12 pm
Where's the comments from ladies? I had hot for and in love with from the moment my husband and I met to the day he died. It was the most bizarre, crazy, irrational, all consuming lust obsession in my life and I would not have have missed a moment of any of it. My husband felt the same way. We repeatedly separated and reconciled. I divorced him. We both married others. They divorced us when the caught us with each other. We then remarried each other. We continued to repeatedly separate and reconcile. I miss all of it. Very few people allow themselves to go that far into their emotions and the physical pleasures of sex.

By Mistress Doctor on September 19, 2007 at 11:22 pm
Actually it's rather common. Just usually only whispered about in envy by those too afraid to go that far and in grief at its loss from those who went that far.

By KYLE on October 05, 2007 at 07:10 pm
I'm all for that hot love.

By Cindy on October 06, 2007 at 03:43 pm
Wow Ed, your great article has really taken on a life of its own. The comments to it are very interesting.

By Annonymous on October 16, 2007 at 11:08 pm
Wow, I thought my husband and I were a bit different but it seems common. We married young, divorced young, married others that we ended up divorced from, then married each other again. Our love is like a fire that never goes out. Every moment with him is HOT! I love the fights because each make up is sooo intense.

By Courtney on October 22, 2007 at 10:26 pm
uh hmmm well I married my high school sweetheart while in school. Then I divorced him in a jealous rage. Once I calmed down and realized how much I missed him, we got married again. Then he divorced me in an insecure moment. I thought I was going to die without him. Turns out he missed me too. So we got married again. No more actual divorces but each of us has gone as far as filing and then dropping it - a couple times each. So we're guilty for the hot also.

By Ash Brittany on October 27, 2007 at 02:45 pm
wierd

By Bill on October 30, 2007 at 10:04 pm
So many women so little time.

By Parker on November 02, 2007 at 05:55 pm
Maybe I'm just young to have yet known hot but this all seems way strange.

By Charles on November 06, 2007 at 04:11 pm
I love those fights 'cause the make-up after is so hot. My wife and I have each divorced each other once, remarried each other each time. I've separated from her at least a dozen times and her a couple dozen times from me. Between us there was at least a dozen of them we went so far as filing divorce papers. We eventually dropped each of them. Marriage is not easy. For me, it's been the hardest thing in my life. It's cost me the most in money and self-respect. Friends and colleagues finally gave up taking sides after seeing the legal dust always settle and us back together. Marriage to the woman I love and know I have always loved and will always love, has been worth every price I've paid for it. I will always pay the price for it. I know we'll probably have some more dust-ups 'cause damn she is one opinionated woman. But her biggest opinion of all, is her opinion that she's in love with me and I'm in love withh her. I hate it when she's correct.

By Mock Four on November 09, 2007 at 06:46 pm
Marriage is grand and divorce(s) is one hundred grand. Savvy mate?

By Mistress Doctor on November 29, 2007 at 06:24 pm
"When love is not madness, it is not love." Spanish dramatist Pedro Calderon de la Barca

By Kris on November 30, 2007 at 06:50 pm
I'll take 200 orders to go of the hot sex. With or without the fights? Which one makes it hotter? Oh the fights for sure. I'll take it.

By Kris on November 30, 2007 at 06:50 pm