Wednesday, December 13, 2017

ROASTED GOOP and Roasted Goop Butter

Credit: Goop
Goop

Whipped butter with roasted savory yummies of garlic, shallot and onion.

If you can teach an old dog new tricks, then perhaps there is still time to teach Dracula to eat garlic! If he had listened to his mother…who knows where he’d be today?

The health benefits of garlic: reputed to be really good for the heart, helps to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol, and is also believed to contribute longevity, too.

Come; take a comfortable seat at our cozy table. Dinner is served!

This recipe makes about 4 cups (after cooking)

Steps 1 (Roasted Goop):

4 cups garlic cloves, peeled

1 large shallot, peeled, coarsely chopped

1 large red onion, peeled, coarsely chopped

1/4 cup olive oil

1 teaspoon sea salt

In a small, oven-proof pot combine all ingredients, tossing well, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours; set “roasted goop” aside to cool completely. (You will need only 1/3 cup of this “goop,” the rest will keep under refrigeration for up to 3 weeks.)

Use this Roasted Goop in anything you cook to enhance that roasted garlic flavor. It is even delicious added to salads and homenade vinaigrette.

Steps 2 (Roasted Goop Butter):

2 cups “roasted goop

1 pound [room temperature] softened butter

In a food processor put the roasted goop and pulse about 5 times; add the butter and run (or pulse) just until butter and goop is incorporated.

Use this Roasted Goop Butter to make garlic bread.

Cook with heart; eat with gusto. Buen Provecho!

HomeRearedChef is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

6 comments on ROASTED GOOP and Roasted Goop Butter

By melanie jean juneau on February 03, 2013 at 06:13 pm

this is NOT goop. my mum's definition of goop was a sticky, starchy casserole flop that we were allowed to pick at very gingerly

By Barbara MacDonald on February 03, 2013 at 06:37 pm

lol yep this surely is not goop...I agree Melanie...if it is is is yummy for sure...:-)

By Uttam Gill on February 04, 2013 at 03:00 am

As I understand with bit of my weird cooking sense...lol...that blending with olive oil, garlic, onion and butter would make it sticky...and that , which is sticky or semi-liquid is a goop...

Learning so much here...If I have to make an encyclopaedia of cooking...Virginia yours is a right place to gather all the information...I am enriching myself

By HomeRearedChef on February 07, 2013 at 03:47 pm

"casserole flop that we were allowed to pick at very gingerly" *smile* okay, Melanie, I'll let you have this one. lol!

By HomeRearedChef on February 07, 2013 at 03:48 pm

Barbara, but it does come out sort-of sticky but awfully yummy. It is so good, in fact, that we also just spread it on toasted bread. YUM!

By HomeRearedChef on February 07, 2013 at 03:49 pm

Uttam, mi Amigo, I am waiting for you to share something woderfully delicious (a recipe) from your home/country, please. I would be honored to try my hand at home. :)