Wednesday, October 18, 2017

When Food Tastes Better Than Sex

by HomeRearedChef (writer), San Jose, January 16, 2013

Menopause, Women's Issues, Health, Food, Sex, Couples, Adult Conversations

The question of questions arises; make a choice: food or sex? Both are delicious and equally soul satisfying. But having to choose…between the two… honestly? Hands-down food satisfies longer!

A woman knows when she’s reached that age of transition in life—our middle earth, Menopause—when she and her girlfriends can sit to shoot the breeze about the kids, the budget, the weather, and food and sex as if they belong under the same category.

Take, for instance, a piece of velvety rich, chocolaty fudge, so silky on the tongue—pleasurably delicious—“it is as satisfying as an orgasm,” this, a friend recently told me. We laughed! But then I couldn’t help but ponder on this new revelation, never having given this much thought before. I had to agree. How could I argue!

Without-a-doubt sex is gratifying, delightful and fun, but food is easier, when you consider the extensive acrobatics and sweating involved when having sex, and at my age! I am far from being a spring chicken; I am a woman now dealing with midlife crisis, Menopause! So, if given a choice, I would most often prefer to sit and watch a romantic comedy and enjoy a comforting meal of creamy, cheesy macaroni & cheese, or fried chicken and biscuits, and a big hunk of sinfully delicious chocolate cake. Umm! And this ultimate moment would be supremely enjoyed followed by hugging and kissing and cooing, if my hubby were to offer—an added aphrodisiac!

Long-gone are the days when we’d wait for the kids to be asleep so we could close our bedroom door, or sneak away to a secluded place, like the garage or closet, to make passionate love—no matter how cramped our space, how limited our time, we had fun and made the most of it. But now we contend ourselves to sit together and make passionate love to a plate of food before us; a time of indulgence shared together. And if there is room and passion left in our souls for physical joining, so be it!

We dream a life to be; we live to dream that life! (vka)

HomeRearedChef is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

8 comments on When Food Tastes Better Than Sex

By melanie jean juneau on January 16, 2013 at 06:51 am

wonderful- warm, amusing, well written and actually... not just amusing but hilarious. In fact I am still grinning

By HomeRearedChef on January 16, 2013 at 11:24 am

Now YOU, Melanie, have just made my morning. Thank you! Your comment is the first thing I read this morning, and I am so very glad I did. You've boosted my spirits today. :)

By Barbara MacDonald on January 16, 2013 at 02:13 pm

Too funny...thank God we still have a sense of humor...you my friend made me lmao...xoxo

By HomeRearedChef on January 17, 2013 at 10:03 am

Thank you, Barbara, laughter is still the best medicine. :)

Big hugs, Amiga!

By souschef on January 17, 2013 at 04:01 pm

I guess that works as long as we aren't trying to mix them at the same time. I seem to remember George from Seinfeld doing that and it didn't end well.

By HomeRearedChef on January 17, 2013 at 08:05 pm

LOL! OMGosh, I think I remember that episode. Crazy!!

By riginal on January 28, 2013 at 08:44 am

Listen HRC, it is a FACT that the female tarantula has sex then eats her lover! Fangs a lot girls! Guys, carry a roll of gaffer tape. What the hell happened to tarantulas sharing a ciggie afterwards? I can hear the female now. "Phew! that released some tension! Look, Hairy whatsyourname...get on the sticky part of the web until I get my gear on...we'll play some scrabble... and I'll fix me a bite!" No wonder there's so many gay tarantulas on the web!...cheers.

By HomeRearedChef on January 28, 2013 at 01:35 pm

LOL! Riginal, I like the idea of playing scrabble, but fixing a little bite when we have the main course right under my nose, well, a girl must eat! :)

Hasta luego Amigo!