Monday, October 23, 2017

Might Your Neighbor Have Too Many Christmas Lights?

Glittering, dazzling Christmas lights.

Are you annoyed that your neighbor has gone all-out to decorate his/her home for Christmas? Is it too much with all that glitzy bling-bling?

But perhaps you didn’t decorate this year and therefore can’t compete? Or could it be that you are just jealous and have become a real life embodiment of Scrooge during these festive Holidays!

Some people did not bother to decorate the outside of their home this Christmas season, for whatever reasons. And I can tell you that we are one of them. Yes, we have our reason this year. However we notice, driving around the neighborhood and city — and by way of news on the Internet — that some people have a problem with neighbors that did. They are complaining that it is excessive; an eye-sore!

On the one hand, the children get a real thrill when their parents take them on a drive to see all the beautiful homes done up for Christmas. Some folks will even offer popcorn and/or candy for their admirers.

On the other hand, the drive-by-ers slow to block traffic, and even park in other people’s driveway. This is enough to upset anyone, of course.

Is it really such a nuisance, though, to deal with these bright lights for a couple of weeks? What happened to kindness, patience, and good will to men, or your neighbor?

Now let me ask: Are you really, genuinely annoyed or offended by your neighbors’ “excessive” Holiday decorations?!

Here’s wishing that you all had a very Happy Christmas, even You, Scrooges and Grinches!

HomeRearedChef is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

8 comments on Might Your Neighbor Have Too Many Christmas Lights?

By melanie jean juneau on December 29, 2012 at 03:16 pm

excellent writing, insights and conclusions

By HomeRearedChef on December 29, 2012 at 03:29 pm

Why, thank you, Melanie!

By Barbara MacDonald on December 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I think at times I may be a Scrooge too Virginia...I just refuse to get caught up in all the materialistic trappings of Xmas...but yes I do enjoy the beautiful decorations...

The best Xmas I had was when my children and I went and spent it with the homeless serving them dinner , where I was working at the time...I had told them that was the only gift I wanted from them...and I know they too remember and cherish this memory.

By HomeRearedChef on December 30, 2012 at 02:05 pm

OH, Barbara, that is such a wonderful thing to do. Serving food to those who obviously have so much less than we do, is just what the Lord has asked of us to do. So no-one could say anything against that. I wish I'd knew to do that when I was raising my children.

God bless you, Amiga.

By riginal on December 31, 2012 at 07:50 am

hell!...you made me feel so guilty HRC I rushed out, grabbed...ummm borrowed some lights...hooked up the extension leads and went to town...even sat a candle on my gas meter...do you know these darn things leak!............

By HomeRearedChef on December 31, 2012 at 01:45 pm

LOL! OH, Riginal dear, what would I do if you stopped writing or visiting my posts? Reading your posts and comments puts an instant smile on my face. Thank you, Amigo!!!

By the way, have a VERY Happy and safe New Year's!

By souschef on January 02, 2013 at 01:44 pm

For me...I really enjoy the excess lights!

Always glad to see somebody going overboard that way.

By HomeRearedChef on January 02, 2013 at 01:56 pm

Yay, Souschef, glad to hear of another! Thank you for stopping by. :)