Monday, October 23, 2017

Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks with Belgian Pan-Fried Potatoes

Grilled rib-eye steaks with a side of roasted golden potatoes, for two!

What could be more romantic than a steak and potatoes dinner for two? And with that special Honey in your life no less! Potatoes roasted to a golden and steak grilled to perfection!

Every once in a while couples must take time out just for each other: play some light music, pull the cork out of a nice bottle of wine, roast some potatoes (sweet and/or savory golden), heat the coals on the grill and throw some tender steaks and cook to proper perfection. Oh-yeah, that’s the ticket to throwing the doors to romance wide open.

Come; take a comfortable seat at our cozy table. Dinner is served!

A simple romantic meal for two

Steps 1:

1/4 cup (about) Mr. Yoshida Original Gourmet Sauce

2 3/4-pound [roughly] rib-eye steaks (bone-in)

Sprinkling of salt to taste

Sprinkling of pepper to taste

Light sprinkling of freshly ground nutmeg

In a platter pour the gourmet sauce and coat both sides of steaks. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to both sides; set meat aside on counter to marinate while you prepare potatoes, followed by prepping the grill, according to manufacturer’s instructions.

Important Note: These steaks were cooked on a charcoal-fire in a kettle grill. Time and heat may change if you are using a gas grill, so please adjust accordingly.

Steps 2:

Prepare your outside grill at this time.

1 tablespoon, each of, rendered bacon grease, butter, and extra-virgin olive oil

1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes (or fingerlings), scrubbed clean, cut in half (blotted well with paper towel)

Salt, pepper, granulated onion and garlic powder [all] to taste

In a large frying pan, on the large burner, over medium heat, add fats, when sizzling hot add potatoes and give them a good tossing to coat each potato well. Add rest of ingredients, toss well to combine, cover pan and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. When potatoes are just about fork tender remove the lid and turn the heat to medium-high, and fry potatoes until they are a nice golden-brown.

Take potatoes off heat and keep covered while you grill the steaks.

Steps 3:

For three-quarter pound steaks — rare to medium — cook about 4 minutes each side as follows:

• 1st side of steak, 30 seconds uncovered, cover for about 3½ minutes.
  • 2nd side of steak, 60 seconds uncovered, cover for about 3 minutes.

Serve immediately and enjoy with a glass of cabernet sauvignon or an old vine zinfandel.

Cook with heart; eat with gusto. Buen Provecho!

HomeRearedChef is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

12 comments on Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks with Belgian Pan-Fried Potatoes

By souschef on December 27, 2012 at 03:47 am

That is one very enticeing picture!

The steak looks terrific and the potatoes also. Great detail on this. Now all I need is that glass of zin!

By Barbara MacDonald on December 27, 2012 at 09:47 am

Rib steaks are so marbled, one of my favorite cuts of meat...they look wonderful Virginia. :-)

By HomeRearedChef on December 27, 2012 at 02:37 pm

Thank you, Souschef! And here's a toast to you for a Happy New Year! *Clink.*

By HomeRearedChef on December 27, 2012 at 02:39 pm

Barbara, wonderful to know you appreciate a perfectly marbled steak. I love, LOVE rib-eye steaks. And of course it makes sense since I LOVE prime rib! :)

By Barbara MacDonald on December 27, 2012 at 02:42 pm

I do admit I like a great steak or roast...it is making me crave it right now...sigh...:-)

By HomeRearedChef on December 27, 2012 at 03:45 pm

Me, too, Barbara, I am now craving another perfectly marbled grilled rib-eye steak. lol!

By Barbara MacDonald on December 27, 2012 at 03:51 pm

lol...well yesterday I cooked a pork loin roast ...so I think that is what I am having...along with chinese rice and a salad...Steak will be coming soon though...as it is now planted in my mind...:D

By HomeRearedChef on December 27, 2012 at 06:47 pm

Here's another secret I need to share, I am a HUGE fan of pork (pork anything, as a matter of fact!). So I am jealous of your dinner. :)

By the way, tonight I am writing a new recipe; I'll give a little away: it includes white trouffles. The recipe will be coming soon to BrooWaha!

By Barbara MacDonald on December 27, 2012 at 06:55 pm

I like pork too, especially the lean pork we now can get...white truffles?? hmmm...I KNOW it will be yummy...lol...do u mean the mushrooms or the chocolates?? If it chocolate I will love it... mushrooms I don't eat...have never liked them for some reason.

By HomeRearedChef on December 27, 2012 at 09:20 pm

My oldest daughter, too, doesn't like mushrooms, but I do mean "truffles," the exotic ones. :)

I am finishing my bowl of pasta with white truffles as we speak. YUM!

By Uttam Gill on December 28, 2012 at 08:51 am

What more I can say...Lajawab aur laziz khano ki kari mey ek aur lababdar dish...means that in your sequel of unmatchable and delicious recipe there is one more mouth watering dish...Your presentation holds the power to build a taste...And now its building up…Yeh Dil (heart) mange more…This means that this heart demands more…Forget about Dil(heart)…this Gill(my sir name) mange more (Gill demands more)…Virginia your articles are appetizer to me…Send few more dishes…lol

By HomeRearedChef on December 28, 2012 at 02:49 pm

Dear Uttam, Amigo, I am cooking as fast as I can, and eating much too much. LOL!

I am wholly honored by your visits, and they are unbelievably uplifting. You make me feel I can do anything. Thank you!! :)