Saturday, October 21, 2017

On Christmas the Grinch Stole and Ate My Green Eggs and Ham

by HomeRearedChef (writer), San Jose, December 15, 2012

A Christmas poem by V. Kahler-Anderson, aka HomeRearedChef

Happy Holidays: Merry Christmas! “Happy Festivus!” Happy Chanukah! Happy Kwanzaa! And a VERY Happy New Year to Everyone!!!

On this very Christmas Morn,

The Grinch stole and ate my Green Eggs and Ham,

And I would not do such a thing as to tell a lie.

No I would not, not to Fat-I-Am!

But its official, that…

Too much butter and too much lard, makes my waistline very large.

Too much eggnog plus the rum, sends me running to the phone.

Call the doctor! Call the morgue! Its official, I’m a hog!

So do I really like green eggs and ham?

I do! I do! Says Fat-I-Am!

I want them here and I want them now,

Not just over there or anywhere,

But before me, on my plate,

With a side of butter and lots more lard.

So move over and give me room,

I’m shoveling food at lightning speed!

Go tell The Grinch to come right back,

Bring straightway back my green eggs and ham.

A heart-brewed poem with inspiration from Dr. Seuss

By V. Kahler-Anderson, aka HomeRearedChef

HomeRearedChef is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

10 comments on On Christmas the Grinch Stole and Ate My Green Eggs and Ham

By Uttam Gill on December 15, 2012 at 09:48 pm

Virginia, Green egg never heard of…well…well…well your green eggs… in your poetry took me to Wikipidea to know more about and there I got an interesting piece of information and poetry to share with you here under:

On September 21, 2007, U.S. District Court Judge James Muirhead used Green Eggs and Ham in his court ruling after receiving an egg in the mail from prisoner Charles Jay Wolff who was protesting the prison diet. Muirhead ordered the egg destroyed as he stated in his judgment:[12][13]

I do not like eggs in the file.

I do not like them in any style.

I will not take them fried or boiled.

I will not take them poached or broiled.

I will not take them soft or scrambled,

Despite an argument well-rambled.

No fan I am of the egg at hand.

Destroy that egg! Today! Today!

Today I say!

Without delay!

By Uttam Gill on December 15, 2012 at 09:51 pm

To hell with that Judge it's breakfast time over here and I am scrambling for egg...hahahahaha

By HomeRearedChef on December 15, 2012 at 10:11 pm

LOL! Now, see, I know about Dr. Seuss but nothing about Judge Muirhead. I LOVE that you dug up this information for me. And I REALLY, really like his poem.

Thank you, thank you, Uttam. May I offer you some green eggs and ham? lol! :)

By Uttam Gill on December 15, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Thank you... thank you... thank you...Virginia...don't forget to send Green bread too...but send it fast...lol

By melanie jean juneau on December 16, 2012 at 01:17 am

I love this post

I do, yes I do

It makes me smile

It is true

By HomeRearedChef on December 16, 2012 at 02:38 am

Melanie, you are wonderful, and so creative. Thank you for YOUR poem! :)

By Barbara MacDonald on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 am

This is exactly what I needed today to smile Virginia, thank you my friend...very creative and I love Dr Seuss...he had such a unique way of expressing his widom....:-)...

By HomeRearedChef on December 16, 2012 at 04:44 pm

He did, didn't he, Barbara. I remeber having bought Dr. Seuss's books for my children. And they loved them!

I am glad to have helped make your day, Amiga. God bless! :)

By souschef on December 17, 2012 at 01:23 am

OMG and LOL! I love your take on Dr. Seuss.

A terrific poem! This kind of thing would have taken me forever to get together. If I ever actually got it all together.

By HomeRearedChef on December 17, 2012 at 01:46 am

Thank you, Souschef! It actually did take me a little time to get started; but then I got into a roll. Whew!