Life just doesn’t get any better than having a mouthful of chocolate, saturating your taste-buds with chocolaty goodness. See; chocolate makes the heart happy!
And this easy, chocolaty cake is put together with the convenience of a box mix.
Come; take a comfortable seat at our cozy table. Dinner is served!
STEPS 1 (cake):
Generously butter and lightly flour a regular size bundt pan (or tube pan) and set aside.
1 package chocolate cake mix (such as Betty Crocker)
5 extra-large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup (1-stick) butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup stout (Settle Down Beer was used for this recipe), room temperature
2 (3.4-oz) boxes instant chocolate pudding
- In a large mixing bowl, and using an electric hand mixer, combine all the ingredients and beat at medium speed until well blended (2-3 minutes).
- Allow cake batter to rest in the mixing bowl for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, temporarily take out the middle rack from the oven, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan, replace middle rack, and bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: While the cake is baking prepare the frosting.
- Allow the cake to cool on a cake rack 20 minutes before inverting onto a cake platter.
The stout used for this recipe was donated by Settle Down Beer, home-brewers from local San Jose, California.
Note: Chocolate flavored beers can usually be found at your local specialty spirits, wine and beer stores.
Cook with heart; eat with gusto. Buen Provecho!