Saturday, December 16, 2017

Crab & Lobster Linguine with Brandy & Sherry Cream Sauce

by HomeRearedChef (writer), San Jose, November 15, 2012

Linguine Pasta with Crab & Lobster and a brandy & sherry cream sauce.

There are as many variations of seafood and pasta as there are ways to prepare and serve them. Here is yet another variant of seafood linguini, unforgettably delicious to the very last bite!

This very scrumptious pasta is loaded with succulent fresh lump crab meat and chunks of sweet lobster. It is rendered even more delicious in a creamy, velvety white sauce, spiked and made light with the subtle tastes of brandy and cream sherry. Every bite is simply to-die-for!

Come; take a comfortable seat at our cozy table. Dinner is served!

Recipe makes 6 hearty servings.

STEPS 1 (marinating the lobster):

2 lobster tails (roughly 3/4 to 1 pounds each before shelling), shelled and cut into 1-inch pieces

7 cloves garlic (less to personal taste), peeled and finely chopped

1/2 bunch green onions/scallions, finely chopped

1 heaping tablespoon small capers, drained

1 tablespoon garam masala seasoning

Sprinkling of sea salt or gray salt to personal taste

Crushed red pepper to personal taste

1/4 cup brandy

1/4 cup cream sherry

In a non-reactive bowl mix all ingredients together, and set aside on the counter to marinate 15-20 minutes.

STEPS 2 (cooking):

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons olive oil

2-3 (canned or bottled) anchovy filets, drained, finely chopped

Marinating lobster from steps 1

1/2 cup dry white wine

2 cups heavy whipping cream, room temperature

1/2 bunch green onions/scallions, finely chopped

1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped

1½ pounds fresh linguini, such as Buitoni (dry pasta is fine), cooked to personal desired doneness

3-4 large Roma/plum tomatoes, chopped small bite-size

1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1 pound lump crab meat

• In a large sauté pan, on the large burner and on medium-high heat, heat butter and olive oil to sizzling.
  • Add the anchovy and marinating lobster and sauté for only about 1 minute.
  • Add the wine and heat to boiling.
  • Immediately add the cream and heat to almost boiling.
  • Add the green onions/scallions and already cooked linguini and cook until heavy steam starts to come through.
  • Add the tomatoes, parmesan cheese and crab, immediately turn off heat, and gently toss to combine (avoiding breaking up the crab too much).

Serve immediately and enjoy with French bread if desired.

Cook with heart; eat with gusto. Buen Provecho!

HomeRearedChef is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

8 comments on Crab & Lobster Linguine with Brandy & Sherry Cream Sauce

By melanie jean juneau on November 15, 2012 at 07:12 am

now that looks divine, I love cilantro becauseit makes everything taste fresh

By HomeRearedChef on November 15, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I agree. Cilantro does make everything taste fresh! I have to confess, that I have been on a total cilantro kick since the beginning of summer, and it hasn't worn out yet. lol!

By TonyBerkman on November 15, 2012 at 12:53 pm

what is cilantro?

By HomeRearedChef on November 15, 2012 at 06:35 pm

Hello Tony ~ Well, cilantro are the coriander leaves, also known as Chinese parsley (or Mexican coriander "culantro"). The flavor is kind-of difficult to describe, but it does have a very mild citrus like flavor. It is an herb that you either like or don't.

I prefer to use the leaves fresh, in salads, soups, salsas, and often in meat dishes. But I do make a killer creamy sauce that used the entire bunch (leaves and stems). I would recommend trying it first in salads. Then you'll know whether you will like cilantro or not.

By Uttam Gill on November 16, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Virginia every time you come back with delicious of the delicious dishes...marvellous...cilantro... coriander leave...over here in India is called "Dhania"...certainly it adds to flavour and it is extensively used in Indian dishes too...I don’t know how far it is true but generally over here In India it is believed that one must not have "Dhania"in any of the dish during night...as it has effect over the body which keeps the body calm...lol...I wonder that why my dad never wanted to have dish during night with"Dhania" in it...smart man...hahahahaha...How far this is true I do not know but I believe that "Dhania"adds to flavour...I have no problem...day and Night "Dhania" keeps me galloping...hahahahaha...

By HomeRearedChef on November 17, 2012 at 11:16 am

Good morning Uttam, and thank you for kind visit today. Hearing from you is always such a pleasure!

That Dhania is considered to have certain effects on people sounds very interesting. I will have to pay more close attention the next time I add it to my foods. I often use it on salads. I LOVE cinlantro. It has such a wonderful aroma, and the taste, of course, is simply delicious!

By souschef on November 18, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Another very nice looking recipe. I am sure it is very satisfying also!

By HomeRearedChef on November 18, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Souschef, this dish is satisfying beyond belief. :)